University of St Andrews Students' Association
|Institution||University of St Andrews|
|Location||St Andrews, Scotland|
|Sabbatical officers||Jack Carr (DoRep) Caroline Christie (DoSDA), Taryn O'Connor (DoES),|
|Affiliations||Coalition of Higher Education Students in Scotland|
The Association is run by a student-majority Board and four sabbatical officers, each responsible for a separate aspect of student life: the Director of Representation represents students to the University and more broadly, including to local and national government; the Director of Student Development and Activities supports the many student societies, as well as being involved in the provision of careers advice and personal development planning; the Director of Events and Services organises the major events of the year, such as Freshers' Week and the Graduation Ball, and regular Union club nights, as well as liaising with sponsors; the Association President is the overall leader of the Association and responsible for its image and strategic planning. The Board comprises seven student members and six non-student members. The student members are the four sabbatical officers, the Association Chair (who chairs the SSC and SRC, below), and the Senior Officers of the SSC and SRC. Under the Universities (Scotland) Acts, all students of the University automatically become members of the Students' Association, however they are entitled to opt out of this.
Student Services Council
The Student Services Council (formerly Union Council) supports the activities and events run by the Students' Association and the University's clubs and societies by providing facilities, organisation and funding. The Council comprises the following members:
- Association President
- Director of Representation
- Director of Student Development and Activities
- President of the Union (Director of Events and Services)
- Community Relations Officer
- Alumni Officer
- Environment Officer
- LGBT Officer
- Charities Officer (Charities Campaign)
- Debates Officer (Union Debating Society)
- Design Team Convenor (Design Team)
- Entertainments Convenor (Ents Crew)
- External Funding Officer
- Performing Arts Officer (Mermaids)
- Music Officer (Music is Love)
- Postgraduate Officer (Postgraduate Society)
- Societies Officer (Societies Committee)
- Volunteering Officer (SVS)
- Broadcasting Officer (STAR)
- Member Without Portfolio
Students' Representative Council
The Students' Representative Council was instituted as the legal representative body for students of the University by the Universities (Scotland) Act 1889. The SRC is responsible for representing students' interests to the management of the University and to local and national government.
The SRC comprises a number of officers, who chair the respective subcommittees, and members:
- "Students' Association History". University of St Andrews Students' Association. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "St Andrews and the NUS: career communists and bad governance". The Saint. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "The Sabbatical Team". University of St Andrews Students' Association. Retrieved 13 September 2009.
- "Student Services Committee". University of St Andrews Students' Association. Retrieved 13 September 2009.
- "Members of the SRC". University of St Andrews Students' Association. Retrieved 13 September 2009.