University of Stavanger
|Affiliations||EUA European Consortium of Innovative Universities|
The University of Stavanger (Universitetet i Stavanger) is a university located in Stavanger, Norway. UiS was established in 2005 when the former Høgskolen i Stavanger (HiS) received university status. It had about 11,000 students and 1,370 administration, faculty and service staff in 2017. It is organised in three faculties, including two national centres of expertise and the Museum of Archaeology. The university has a main campus located in the neighborhood of Ullandhaug.
The university offers doctorates in: Literacy; Risk Management and Societal Safety; Educational Sciences; Health and Medicine; Management, Economics and Tourism; Sociology, Social Work and Culture & Society; Chemistry and Biological Science; Offshore Technology; Petroleum Technology; Risk Management and Societal Safety- Technical/Scientific Approach; and Information Technology, Mathematics, and Physics.
The University of Stavanger became a member of the European Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU) in October 2012.
Faculty of Arts and Education
- Department of Education and Sports Science
- Department of Early Childhood Education
- Department of Cultural Studies and Languages
- Department of Music and Dance
- Centre for Behavioural Research
- National Centre for Reading Education and Research
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Media, Culture and Social Sciences
- Department of Social Studies
- Department of Health Studies
- The Norwegian School of Hotel Management
- UiS Business School
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Mathematics and Natural Science
- Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science
- Department of Industrial Economics, Risk Management and Planning
- Ellen Nisbeth, violist
- Om UiS Archived 2017-08-27 at the Wayback Machine Universitetet i Stavanger
- Tor Ivar Hansen. "Universitetet i Stavanger". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Geir Thorsnæs. "Ullandhaug". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Campus Ullandhaug". University of Stavanger. 12 December 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- PhD Studies, University of Stavanger. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
|This Norwegian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|