University of Swat
|Islamic University of Swat|
|Motto||مطابقت کے ساتھ معیاری تعلیم کے لئے خواہشمند|
Motto in English
|Aspiring for Quality Education with Relevance|
|Established||7 July 2010|
|Affiliation||colleges in District Swat,Buner and shangla|
|Chancellor||Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|Registrar||Mr. Mahboob Ur Rahman|
|Mr. Fayyaz Ahmed Khan and Mr. Khurshid Alam Khan Yusufzai|
Kanju Township Campus Charbagh Campus
|Colours||Antique Ruby, British Racing Green|
|Nickname||UoS, Swat University|
The University of Swat (Urdu: یونیورسٹی آف سوات) is a public sector university. The main campus of the university is situated in Charbagh, 20 km away from main city Mingora, Swat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pakistan.
On 29 May 2010 the establishment of the University of Swat was announced by the Prime minister of Pakistan during his visit to Swat valley. The university came into formal existence in July 2010 by the order of Honorable Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Mr. Awais Ahmad Ghani with the prior approval of the President of Pakistan. Its first Vice Chancellor Dr. Muhammad Farooq Khan (Shaheed) was appointed in August 2010. The Higher Education Department handed over two buildings to the university located at Saidu sharif swat. Land Acquisition for the university's own campus has been carried out and construction on the project is ongoing. Various buidlings have been completed and recently the two departments have been shifted to main campus under supervision of Dr. Muhammad Jamal, Vice Chancellor.
In its first academic session 2010–11 the university opened seven departments 
- Dr. Muhammad Farooq Khan
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Farooq Swati (acting)
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Jahanzeb Khan Yosafzai – from 3 Dec 2011 to 2 Dec 2015
- Prof. Dr. Jehan Bakht (acting) – from 7 Dec 2015 t0 Jun 9, 2017
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Jamal Khan – from 20 Dec 2017 till date
- Mr. Mahboob Ur Rahman
- Mr. ZahidUllah
- Dr. Hassan Sher (Acting)
- Mr. Sher Alam Khan
- Mr. Fayyaz Ahmed Khan – Deputy Registrar Establishment
- Mr. Khurshid Alam Khan Yusufzai – Deputy Registrar Meetings and Academics
Mr. Khaliq Ayub
The athletics team represented the university at the Higher Education Commission Pakistan Inter varsity Championship 2014 held on 22–24 April 2014 at the Pakistan Sport Complex, Islamabad.
The University Athletics team consisted of 12 players.
Allama Iqbal declamation contest are yearly held in the University of Swat to promote new talent in regarding Debates, Declamations. Most raging debtors of University are Riaz Ali (Dept. of Law and Sharia), Izhar Ahmad (Dept. of Economics), Fahad Khan (Dept. of commerce and management sciences), Kabir (Dept. of Law and Sharia), Arshad Ali (Dept. of Law and Sharia), Rahseed Ahmad Faizi (Dept. of Law and Sharia).
KPK IPYEP 2016
The university shortlisted top students based on merit from the most senior batches of all Bachelor and master's degree Programs and communicated. The ten students were interviewed by the directorate of sports and youth affairs Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and two students (Biotechnology 7th semester student Mr. Ashfaq Ahmad and one female student of zoology Department ) were finalized to represent University of Swat during Inter Provincial Youth Exchange program (IPYEP) 2016. They were part of delegation which represented KPK in Karachi and Islamabad/AJK one week trip.
In its first session 2010–11 the university opened the following eight disciplines and has completed two semesters.
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Development Studies
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of Law and Shari’a
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Environmental Science
In the session 2011–12 one discipline of Software Engineering and four more departments of Zoology, Microbiology and Environmental Sciences at BS level are introduced. There are now the following schools/institutes/departments with 3500+ students:
- Center for Agriculture Sciences and Forestry
- Center for Animal Science and Fisheries
- Center for Biotechnology & Microbiology
- Center for Earth Sciences
- Center for Education and Staff Training
- Center for Management & Commerce
- Center for Plant Science and Biodiversity
- Department of Applied Physical and Material Sciences
- Department of Computer and Software Technologies
- Department of Economics and Development Studies
- Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Department of Environmental and Conservation Sciences
- Department of Forensic Studies
- Department of Health and Physical Education
- Department of Islamic and Arabic Studies
- Department of Law & Shari’a
- Department of Library and Information Studies
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Media & Communication Studies
- Department of Political and International Studies
- Department of Psychological Studies
- Department of Social and Gender Studies
- Institute of Chemical Sciences
- Institute of Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Institute of Culture Heritage, Tourism and Hospitality Management (ICHTHM)
The Institute of Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Hospitality Management has been established with a view to save the cultural heritage of the Swat region, to establish an archaeological and ethnic profile of the region, to explore the genesis of the cultural activities, to trace the complex and rich historical past of the ancient period of the country, to promote Eco- and cultural tourism of Pakistan in general and the Malakand division and the Northern Areas in particular, and to impart quality education at graduate, undergraduate and postgraduate levels at par with the international standards.
The Chancellor Prof. Dr. Muhammad Jahanzeb Khan established the Institute of Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Center for Biotechnology & Microbiology(CBM)
The Center for Biotechnology & Microbiology is a newly launched discipline at University of Swat.
The focus of the institute is on the applied aspect of Biotechnology, Microbiology and Genetics. The aim of the department is to produce experts in the fields of medicine, agriculture, industry, the environment, genetics and Recombinant DNA technology.
- In Pakistan ranked 124 according to the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in 2012
- Chartered by Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, on 17 in 2012
Course levels and areas of studies
Books Related to University of Swat
- Kashmir Issue (Urdu & English), No-fiction by Former Vice Chancellor University of Swat Muhammad Farooq Khan(late).
- Dialogue with the West (English), No-fiction by Former Vice Chancellor University of Swat Muhammad Farooq Khan(late).
- Hidden Treasures of Swat, 2014 Non-fiction by Dildar Ali Khan (Student at Institute of Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Hospitality Management University of Swat.
- "University of Swat – Aspiring for Quality Education with Relevance". www.uswat.edu.pk. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Sayyad Ashfaq (@SayyadSays) | Twitter". www.twitter.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "University of Swat Students will Participate in IPYP-2K16University of Swat – University of Swat". www.uswat.edu.pk. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Centre for Biotechnology And Microbiology, University of Swat". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.