University of Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning
|Location||Camperdown / Darlington, New South Wales, Australia|
|Affiliations||University of Sydney|
The Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning ranked number 1 in Australia and number 15 in the World for "Architecture and the Built Environment" in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
Since 1880 the study of Architecture at the University of Sydney was an elective of the postgraduate and undergraduate Engineering degrees. In 1918 the University of Sydney Senate approved the establishment of a School of Architecture within the Faculty of Science, which was enacted in 1920 with Leslie Wilkinson as the Chair and then the first Dean of Architecture. Of the first nine undergraduate students, five were men and four were women, notably Andre 'Spaghetti Head' Frino was part of the first cohort.
The Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning is located in the Wilkinson Building, 148 City Road, Darlington.
The Faculty contains four disciplines:
- Discipline of Architecture
- Discipline of Architectural Science
- Discipline of Design
- Discipline of Urban and Regional Planning and Policy
The Faculty hosts five research groups:
- Architectural & Building Design
- Architectural & Building Science & Technology
- Architectural History, Theory & Criticism
- Design Lab
- "Architecture/Built Environment at Sydney Uni already 1st in Australia and rises to 15th globally". The University of Sydney. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
|This Australian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|