University of Technology of Compiègne
Université de Technologie de Compiègne
|Motto||Meaning to Innovation|
|President||Philippe Courtier (2017)|
|Campus||Urban, 14 acres (5.7 ha)|
|Colours||Gold and blue|
The University of Technology of Compiègne (French: Université de Technologie de Compiègne, UTC) is a public research university located in Compiegne, France. It was founded in 1972 by Guy Deniélou and is described as the first experimental technological university in France.
UTC's 14-acre (5.7 ha) campus is part of the city of Compiegne, 49 miles (79 km) north of Paris, and overlooks the Oise River with a blend of traditional and modern architecture. The university is one among a small group of French technological universities which tend to be primarily devoted to the instruction of technical arts and applied sciences.
UTC is organized into nine research units within the School of Engineering. The university offers around thirty degree programs in twenty fields, leading to bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees.
The teaching model is a mix between North-American and French traditions: students select their classes, which are complemented by assisted classwork (French: Travaux Dirigés) and applied labwork (French: Travaux Pratiques).
Notable alumni and faculty includes:
- Julien Bahain, rower, winner of the bronze medal in the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Frédéric Y. Bois, French scientist
- Marie Gayot, sprint athlete, urban planning student
- Vanessa Proux, president of the Institut Sup'Biotech de Paris
- Cécile Réal, French bio-medical engineer and businessperson
- Lamia Chafei Seghaier, Tunisian engineer and politician
- Thierry St-Cyr, Canadian politician
- Bernard Stiegler, founder and director of the COSTECH research lab
Research and development
- List of public universities in France by academy
- Université de Technologie
- The University of Technology of Troyes (Université de Technologie de Troyes or UTT)
- The University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard (Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard or UTBM)
Notes and sources
- Vanessa Proux (in French)
- "Palmares des ecoles d'ingenieur". L'Étudiant. 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Classement 2017 des ecoles d'ingenieur". Usine nouvelle. 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Classement 2016 des ecoles d'ingenieur". Usine nouvelle. 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- Université de Technologie de Compiègne (in English)
|This article about a French university, college, or other educational institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|