University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
|University of Texas
School of Medicine
at San Antonio
|Location||San Antonio, Texas|
|Enrollment||901 students (2010)|
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio is one of nine medical schools in the state of Texas. It is located on the main campus of University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas.
The school's budget in 2009 was $415 million.
- US News & World Report ranked the school 42nd nationally in primary care in 2010.
- University ranked 6th in the nation in clinical medicine research impact for the period 2001 to 2005.
- Ranked 51st in the world in the 2010 clinical medicine rankings.
- 1st for Hispanics in the medical school category.
- 1st in National Institutes of Health funding for aging research.
- Ranked 48th in NIH funding for research grants among 3,181 institutes in 2004.
- 10th in NIH funding for Cellular and Structural Biology.
- 17th in NIH funding for Physiology.
The departments are:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Family & Community Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Radiation Oncology
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- HSC NEWS - The University of Texas Health Science Center - The Office of External Affairs
- MySA.com: Metro | State
- Health Science Center ranked among America's best for medical research - San Antonio Business Journal:
- NIH Awards to Medical Schools by Rank, FY 2004
- UTHSCSA Department of Physiology - Positions Available