|Established||1967 (authorized 1947)|
|The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston|
The UTHealth School of Public Health is one of six component institutions of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
The Texas Legislature authorized the creation of a school of public health in 1947, but did not appropriate funds for the school until 1967. The first class was admitted in the fall of 1969, doubled in the second year and doubled again in the third year, with continued growth over the years since.
UTHealth brings together the School of Public Health, with the Medical School, the School of Nursing, the School of Dentistry, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the School of Biomedical Informatics, and the UT Harris County Psychiatric Center.
The school's main campus is located in Houston's famed Texas Medical Center. It originally occupied rented and borrowed space in the Medical Center but today it occupies its own building plus regional campuses in San Antonio, El Paso, Dallas, Brownsville, and Austin.
The University has four departments: Biostatistics; Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Sciences; Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences; Management, Policy and Community Health (MPACH).
Dual degree programs
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas Tech Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
- University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- UTHealth San Antonio Long School of Medicine
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School
- University of Houston School of Social Work
- University of Texas at Austin School of Social Work
- University of Texas at Arlington School of Social Work
- University of Texas at Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs
- UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics
- "About Us". Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "University of Health". Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "School of Bioinformatical Sciences".
- "Harris County Psychiatric Center". Archived from the original on 2009-09-26. Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- "Life in Campus Cities".
- "Divisions". Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Dual Degree - Dual Degree - Academics - The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health". sph.uth.edu. Retrieved 2020-04-22.