University of Washington Bothell
|University of Washington Bothell|
|Motto||Latin Lux sit|
|Motto in English||"Let there be light"|
|Endowment||US$ 3 million|
|Chancellor||Bjong Wolf Yeigh|
|Location||Bothell, Washington, United States|
The University of Washington Bothell (UW Bothell) is a four-year undergraduate and graduate campus in northeast King County, one of the three campuses of the public University of Washington. The campus was established in 1990 (which is the same year the University of Washington Tacoma opened). UW Bothell shares a campus with Cascadia Community College. UW Bothell is the largest branch campus in the state.
UW Bothell is located just northwest of the junction of Interstate 405 and State Route 522. Classes are offered day and evening for full or part-time students. Programs are offered in business, education, nursing, computing, and interdisciplinary arts and sciences.
UW Bothell currently offers 30 bachelor's and master's degrees in six programs: Business Administration, Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, Computing and Software Systems, Education, Nursing, and Science and Technology.
- American Studies
- Applied Computing (Bachelor of Arts)
- Business (Bachelor of Arts)
- Accounting Option
- Management Information Systems
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Business Administration (Bachelor of Arts)
- International Business
- Climate Science & Policy (Bachelor of Science)
- Community Psychology
- Computer Science and Software Engineering (Bachelor of Science)
- Culture, Literature & the Arts
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science (Bachelor of Science)
- Conservation and Restoration Ecology
- Earth Science Systems
- Environmental Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- Global Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- Health Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- Interactive Media Design
- Interdisciplinary Arts (Bachelor of Arts)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- Individualized Study
- Law, Economics and Public Policy
- Media and Communication Studies
- Mathematics (Bachelor of Science)
- Mathematical Thinking & Visualization (Bachelor of Arts)
- Media & Communications Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- Science, Technology and Society
- Society, Ethics and Human Behavior
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- K-8 Teacher Certification
- Professional Teacher Certification
- Leadership MBA (LMBA) - began in 2009; offered at the Eastside Leadership Center in Bellevue, Washington
- Technology MBA (TMBA) - began in 2009; offered at the Bothell campus
- Master of Arts in Cultural Studies
- Master of Education
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and Poetics
- Master of Arts in Policy Studies
- Master of Science in Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering
- Secondary Teacher Certification (M.Ed.)
Business students and alumni participate in the Business Development Center and the Center for Student Entrepreneurship.
UW Bothell is the largest branch campus in the state. Freshman applications increased by 20% from 2010 while transfer applications grew by 24%. The total head count of full and part-time students is 4,172. The count has gone up significantly over the past years.
UW Bothell began accepting freshmen in autumn 2006. The first class to finish all four years at UW Bothell graduated in June 2010.
An agreement with the City of Bothell limits UW Bothell and Cascadia Community College enrollment. The enrollment limit is currently 10,000 FTE students. Initially, enrollment was limited to 3,000 FTE students until an entrance was built with direct access to State Route 522. The Washington State Department of Transportation completed this project in September 2009.
Wetland restoration project
UW Bothell is home to one of the largest wetland restoration projects on the West Coast, covering 58 acres (23 ha). Prior to the restoration of the wetlands, the land had been used for cattle grazing.
- Buhain, Venice (May 25, 1999). "But what does it mean?". The Daily.
- "Fast Facts 2012-13". University of Washington Bothell. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- http://www.uwb.edu/chancellor. Missing or empty
- - UW Bothell's Fast Facts 2012-13
- WSDOT - Project - SR 522 - UW Bothell/Cascadia Community College Campus Access
- "History of the Wetlands - Wetlands Overview - Administration and Planning - UW Bothell". Uwb.edu. 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Washington Bothell.|
- UW Bothell website
- UW Bothell's New Degrees
- UW Bothell South Entrance Project website
- UW Bothell Wetland Restoration Project website
- UW Bothell MBA website
- World's most popular airline blog created by UW Bothell employee