University of Wisconsin–Madison College of Engineering
|Dean||Ian M. Robertson|
|Location||Madison, Wisconsin, United States|
The school dates back to 1857 when the first department of engineering was created by the university Board of Regents. It was not until 1868 when the first professor of engineering, Colonel W. R. Pease, was hired.
U.S. News & World Report ranks UW–Madison ranked 13th among engineering programs nationwide, fourth in chemical engineering, and third in nuclear engineering.
- Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Chemical and Biological Engineering (CBE)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
- Geological Engineering (GLE)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Nuclear Engineering & Engineering Physics (NEEP)
- Engineering Mechanics (EM)
- Engineering Professional Development (EPD)
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE)
- InterEngineering (INTEREGR)
- Materials Science and Engineering (MS&E)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Biological Systems Engineering (BSE)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering. History.
- Academic Departments and Interdisciplinary Degree Programs