University of Yaoundé I
Université de Yaoundé I
The campus of University of Yaoundé I in Ngoa-Ekelle
|Motto||Sapientia - collativa - cognitio|
|Rector||Maurice Aurélien Sosso|
|Campus||Ngoa-Ekelle (main campus)|
The University of Yaoundé I (French: Université de Yaoundé I) is a public university in Cameroon, located in the capital Yaoundé. It was formed in 1993 following a university reform that split the country's oldest university, the University of Yaoundé, into two separate entities: the University of Yaoundé I and the University of Yaoundé II.
The University of Yaounde I, consists of:
- the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (Faculté des Arts, Lettres et Sciences Humaines, short FALSH)
- the Faculty of Sciences (Faculté des Sciences, short FS)
- the Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (Faculté de Médecine et de Sciences Biomédicales, short FMSB).
- The higher teacher's Training College of Yaounde HTTC
- The National Advanced School of Engineering
- The Higher Teacher's Training Technical School of Ebolowa.
The main university complex is Ngoa-Ekelle with several satellite campuses elsewhere.
- minesup.gov.cm: Décret N° 93/026 du 19 janvier 1993 Portant création d'Universités Archived 2013-08-10 at the Wayback Machine (retrieved on 18 March 2015)
- uy1.uninet.cm: Administration Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine (retrieved 18 March 2015)
- facsciences.uninet.cm: Presentation of the University Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine (retrieved on 18 March 2015)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Yaoundé I.|
|This article about a Cameroonian institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|