University of Zenica
|Univerzitet u Zenici|
|Latin: Universitas Studiorum Zenicaensis|
|Established||18 October 2000|
|Rector||Prof. dr. Dževad Zečić|
|Location||Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
University of Zenica (Bosnian: Univerzitet u Zenici) is a public university located in the city of Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The university was founded in 2000, when faculties in Zenica decided to separate from the University of Sarajevo.
The college of metallurgy was established in 1950 and has been transferred to Faculty of Metallurgy in 1961 as an outside faculty of the University of Sarajevo. From there more faculties were added and enrollment increased, until an independent University was created by the Parliament of Zenica-Doboj Canton in 2000. The University is member of the Balkan Universities Network.
- Faculty of Metallurgy and Materials Science
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Islamic Pedagogy
- Faculty of Polytechnics
The University hosts annual promotion ceremony for all graduate students of both BA and MA study programme. The ceremony is held every October in Arena Zenica.
- "Naslovnica". Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Mašinski fakultet u Zenici". Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Filozofski fakultet Univerziteta u Zenici". Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Ekonomski fakultet Zenica". Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Pravni fakultet - Univerzitet u Zenici". Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Zdravstveni fakultet Zenica". Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Index - ISLAMSKI PEDAGO?KI FAKULTET". 28 January 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Politehnički fakultet Univerziteta u Zenici". Retrieved 24 July 2015.