University of the Littoral Opal Coast
|Université du littoral côte d'opale|
|Affiliations||Université Lille Nord de France|
University of the Littoral Opal Coast (Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale), also known as ULCO, is a French university, based in Boulogne, Calais, Dunkirk (Dunkerque) and Saint Omer. The head office is in Dunkirk (Dunkerque in French). It reports to the Academy of Lille and is a member of the European Doctoral College Lille-Nord-Pas de Calais.
It was created in 1991; the first year of studies was in 1992. Several degrees are granted there, and the university was integrated in the European Space of Higher Education in 2004 (Bologna Process).
Boulogne sur Mer
In the Boulogne section of ULCO, called Saint-Louis, the following are the main academic programmes at Bachelor, Masters and Ph.D levels :
- Lettres modernes (French language and literature)
- Master Didactique des Langues Parcours Français Langue Etrangère (FLE) / Parcours Anglais Ingénierie de la Formation (Masters in Language Teaching Management, Instructional Design and Technology). Graduates of this Master teach French or English as a foreign language (FLE/EFL/TESOL), are language consultants for schools universities and industry using ICT for language learning). This was formerly called Master FLE IF (Français Langue Etrangère et Ingénierie de la Formation) 
- BA in Applied Modern Languages with Business(LEA - Langues Etrangères Appliquées)
- BA in English Studies LLCER: Langues et Civilisations Etrangères en Anglais
- BA in Spanish Studies LLCER: Langues et Civilisations Etrangères en Espagnol
- Masters in Modern Languages (English, German, Spanish) and French Literature with seminars and Research Thesis: Master LLCER Parcours Lettres et Langues (Séminaires et Mémoire de Recherches)
- Economics & management
- STAPS (Sports)
- Nutrition, Sciences des Aliments et Agroalimentaire - Qualité des Procédés Agroalimentaires et Halieutiques (food science, quality in fish processing)
There is also a lively Self Access Language Centre with tutoring for students in the languages of their choice (English, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Dutch). The students in the Masters in Language Teaching Management, Instructional Design and Technology are actively involved in the running of this Language Centre.
The structure has a modern style. It is located downtown near the harbour. The building was the former hospital Saint-Louis (destroyed in 1988). Only the historic main entry of the old building and also part of the former hospital chapel remain.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale.|
(French) Degree programmes
|This article about a French university, college, or other educational institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|