University of the Philippines Los Baños College of Veterinary Medicine
|Dean||Eduardo B. Torres|
|Location||Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines|
Aside from teaching, CVM also undertakes research in various fields of veterinary medicine, including animal production and veterinary public health, and provides client-oriented veterinary services in urban and rural areas.
The College is composed of three departments - Basic Veterinary Sciences, Veterinary Paraclinical Sciences, and Veterinary Clinical Sciences. CVM has 93 personnel consisting of 38 faculty members, 48 administrative staff and 7 research and extension personnel. CVM is the only veterinary school in the country offering a Master of Science degree in Veterinary Medicine.
As rinderpest ravaged the country at the turn of the century, the Board of Regents of the University of the Philippines decided to establish a College of Veterinary Science. The College was founded on 18 June 1908 through Republic Act No. 1870 by the Philippine Legislature. It was one of the original colleges of the University of the Philippines and was later renamed College of Veterinary Medicine.
With Dr. Archibald Ward as the first dean, the College held its first classes on 4 June 1910 with four students at the Animal Quarantine Station, Pandacan, Manila. The first batch of students graduated in the former four-year DVM program in 1914. The college has been relocated to five different places: San Lazaro, Manila (1912–1919); Los Baños, Laguna (1919–1933); back to Pandacan, Manila (1933–1949); Diliman, Quezon City (1949–1983) and finally to Los Baños, Laguna in 1983.
In 1976 the World Bank encouraged the Board of Regents to completely transfer the College from UP Diliman to UPLB. The Board complied, but decided to retain the Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Diliman.
Research and Service Facilities
A joint facility of CVM with the Animal and Dairy Sciences Cluster (ADC) of the College of Agriculture, the library has the most extensive collection of veterinary and animal science materials in the country.
Dr. Jose A. Solis Veterinary Anatomy Exhibit Hall
The Dr. Jose A. Solis Veterinary Anatomy Exhibit Hall, or Anatomy Museum, was named after the late anatomist and former faculty Jose A. Solis. The exhibit hall contains preserved specimens of selected terrestrial and aquatic animals, particularly skeletons, abnormal embryos or fetuses, and normal microscopic structures of some organs.
Parasite Collection and Reference Center
Built in July 1995, the Center houses the College’s collection of parasitic helminthes, arthropods, protozoa and a number of other invertebrates that serve as intermediate hosts of some of these parasites. It also displays collection on parasites of domestic and wild animals in the country. Likewise, it holds parasitological literature donated by National Scientist Carmen C. Velasquez and former dean Dr. Lope M. Yutuc, among others.
Biomedical Illustration and Microphotography Facility
This facility is located at the CVM Administration building and is available for microphotography and scientific drawing needs of the research faculty and undergraduate and graduate students.
Companion Animal Clinic
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital has a station in the UP Los Banos campus. It has patient examination rooms (separate for infectious and non-infections cases), diagnostic imaging room, laboratory, surgical facilities, pharmacy, and offices for veterinarians and staff members. The Clinic offers medical and surgical services, as well as diagnostic laboratory and imaging (radiography, ultrasonography, and electrocardiography) services.
Companion Animal Hospital at UP Diliman
The Hospital at UP Diliman provides premium veterinary services to urban clients and accepts an average of 80 patients a day and earns an average gross income of PhP3M per year. The Hospital also offers medical and surgical services, diagnostic laboratory and imaging(radiography, ultrasonography, and electrocardiography) services. Sick patients can also be confined, if needed.
CVM facilities in Maahas Field Station accommodate the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Veterinary Teaching Hospital-Maahas Station (Large Animal Clinic, Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Experimental Animal Farm), Vaccine and Virology Laboratory and research and extension projects. Here, animal dispersal projects and diagnostic procedures such as necropsy, bacterial isolation, water microbial analysis, blood parasite examination, antibiotic sensitivity test, and others are conducted.
Department of Basic Veterinary Sciences
- Mary Jasmin Ang (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Arrol Jan B. Aquino (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Jussiaea Bariuan (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Ariel M. Bombio (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Bella C. Cruzana (PhD Gifu University)
- Joseph F. dela Cruz (PhD Hankyong National University)
- Maria Catalina T. De Luna (MAgric Nagoya University)
- Mark Joseph Desamero (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Maria Amelita C. Estacio (DAgrSci Nagoya University)
- Joseph P. Olarve (MSc University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Michelle Grace V. Paraso (PhD University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Grace R. Sacnahon (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Ceferino P. Maala (PhD Cornell University) Professor Emeritus
Department of Veterinary Paraclinical Sciences
- Loinda R. Baldrias (PhD University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Darwin R. Bandoy (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Meriam Cautiver (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Therese Marie A. Collantes (MSc Chonnam National University)
- Billy P. Divina (MSc Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences)
- Ronnie N. Domingo (MSc University of Edinburgh) 
- Remil L. Galay (PhD Yamaguchi University)
- Ma. Suzanneth E. G. Lola (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Benjamin Reuel G. Marte (MSc University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Helen A. Molina (MVSt University of Melbourne)
- Mildred A. Padilla (DrPH University of the Philippines Manila)
- Hope G. Rovira (PhD University of Minnesota)
- Romeo E. Sanchez, Jr. (PhD Universiteit Gent)
- Salcedo L. Eduardo (PhD University of London) Professor Emeritus
- Joseph S. Masangkay (DAgrSc Nagoya University) Professor Emeritus
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences
- Jovencio Hubert A. Abalos (MSc University of the Philippines Los Baños) 
- Jezie A. Acorda (PhD Gifu University)
- Amadeo A. Alcantara (MSc University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Francis Andrew Eugene M. Bernardo (MVSt University of Queensland)
- Jesalyn L. Constante (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Rio John T. Ducusin (PhD Gifu University)
- Marianne Leila S. Flores (MHA University of the Philippines Open University) 
- Karlo Romano B. Gicana (MSc University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Emilia A. Lastica (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Veronica A. Matawaran (PhD Kansas State University)
- Rey B. Oronan (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Arville Mar Gregorio A Pajas (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- Marco F. Reyes (DVM University of the Philippines Los Baños) 
- Eduardo B. Torres (PhD Rakuno Gakuen University)
- Dennis V. Umali (PhD Yamaguchi University)
- Conrado A. Valdez (PhD Hokkaido University)
- Teodulo M. Topacio, Jr, PhD (PhD Cornell University) Professor Emeritus
- Antonio A. Rayos (PhD Hokkaido University)
- Jose Arceo N. Bautista (PhD Hokkaido University)
- Carmencita D. Mateo (PhD University of Missouri) Professor Emeritus
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (six-year program)
- MS Veterinary Medicine
Majors: Veterinary Anatomy, Veterinary Internal Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Surgery, Theriogenology
- MS Veterinary Epidemiology
- U.P. Alpha Chiron Society (UPACS)
- U.P. Lady Veterinary Students' Association (UP Lady Vets)
- U.P. Rodeo Club Philippines (RCP)
- U.P. Societas Mulierum (SM)
- U.P. Society for the Advancement of Veterinary Education and Research (SAVER)
- U.P. Society of Men (SM)
- U.P. Venerable Knight Veterinarians Fraternity (VKV)
- U.P. Venerable Lady Veterinarians Sorority (VLV)
- U.P. Veterinary Medical Students' Society (VetSoc)
- U.P. Veterinary Student Achievers' Society (VSAS)
- U.P. CVM Clinicians' Club (UPCVM CC)