University of the Philippines Visayas Tacloban College
|Unibersidad han Pilipinas ha Kabisay-an Kolehiyo ha Tacloban|
|Motto||Honor and Excellence|
|Established||1908 (U.P. system)
|Chancellor||Rommel A. Espinosa|
|President||Alfredo E. Pascual|
|Dean||Anita G. Cular|
|Hymn||U.P. Naming Mahal|
|Nickname||UP Tac, UPVTC|
In its 823rd meeting, the University of the Philippines (UP) Board of Regents established the UP College Tacloban. It was recognized as a regional unit of the System on May 23, 1973 and inaugurated on July 2, 1973.
Ten years later, Executive Order No. 4 placed UP College Tacloban under the administrative supervision of University of the Philippines Visayas.
UP College Admission Test (UPCAT)
Admission into the University of the Philippines' undergraduate programs is very competitive, with over 70,000 students taking the exam every year, with about 11,000 being accepted. To maintain its high standard of education and to maximize its limited resources, UP has had to limit slots for undergraduate admission to each campus and to its various degree programs by means of qualification through the University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT).
UPV Tacloban College (UPVTC) is divided into four divisions:
- Division of Humanities
- Division of Management
- Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Division of Social Sciences
The college's BS Accountancy, BS Biology, and BS Computer Science programs are currently the best in Region 8. The college's BA Communication Arts program is the finest in the Visayan archipelago in terms of Speech, Literature and Theater Arts. The BA Psychology program has also been recently recognized in The Psychological Association of the Philippines-Junior Affiliates (PAPJA).
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences with specialization in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences with specialization in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (Quota)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Quota)
- Bachelor of Science in Management (Quota)
- Masters of Management in Business Management
- Masters of Management in Public Management
|This article about a Philippine institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|