|Cover artist||Random House (photo)|
|Subject||Biography & Autobiography; Memoirs|
|Published||May 17, 2011 Random House|
Unlikely Brothers: Our Story of Adventure, Loss and Redemption is co-authored by human rights activist and Co-Founder of the Enough Project, John Prendergast and his "Little Brother", Michael Mattocks.
John Prendergast, at twenty years old, decided to become a Big Brother to Michael Mattocks, a seven-year-old living in a crime-ridden neighborhood in Washington, DC. The book, co-authored by both, describes their different perspectives on their continuing relationship, shared over a period of more than 27 years.
- The Enough Project's description of the book, including trailer.
- "John Prendergast On Mentoring Boys In Unlikely Brothers", Read It Forward.
- "Redemption through Brotherhood", Washington Post.
- "Old Bonds of Brotherhood Endure for Rights Activist Prendergast", The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- "Unlikely Brothers Chronicles Forging of a Unique Bond for 2 Men", PBS NEWSHOUR.
- "Newsweek/Daily Beast Writers’ Favorite Books 2011", The Daily Beast.
|This article about a memoir is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book whose subject was born in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|