|This article does not cite any references (sources). (February 2012)|
The Uno Line (宇野線 Uno-sen?) is a Japanese railway line which connects Okayama Station in Okayama, Okayama Prefecture with Uno Station in Tamano, Okayama Prefecture. It is owned and run by West Japan Railway Company (JR West). Part of this line is called the Seto-Ōhashi Line between Okayama Station and Chayamachi Station.
The entire line opened in 1910, and until the opening of the Seto Ohashi Bridge in 1988, was the main railway connection to Shikoku (via the Takamatsu ferry).
The line was electrified in 1960, CTC signalling was commissioned in 1970, and the Hayashima - Kukuhara section was duplicated in 2009.
Fright services ceased in 2002.
Former connecting lines
- Omoto station - The Okayama Port Corporation operated an 8km line to Okayamako between 1951 and 1984.
- Chaya station - The Shimotsui Light Railway Co. opened a 21km 762mm gauge line to its namesake town in 1913/14. The line was electrified at 600 VDC in 1949, and closed in 1991.
- Uno station - The Binan Electric Railway Co. operated a 5km line to Tamano, electrified at 1500 VDC, from 1953 to 1972.
- Operating Company:
- West Japan Railway Company (Services and tracks)
- Okayama — Uno: 32.8km
- Gauge: 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)
- Stations: 15
- Double-tracking: Hayashima - Kukuhara
- Electrification: 1500 VDC
- Railway signalling:
- automatic occlusive (special)
All trains stop at stations marked "●" and pass stations marked "｜". Most trains stop at "▲", and some trains stop at "△" Goes another route at "=".
|Okayama||岡山||0.0||●||●||■ Kibi Line, ■ Sanyō Main Line, Sanyō Shinkansen, ■ Tsuyama Line
Okayama Electric Tramway: ■ Higashiyama Line, ■ Seikibashi Line (Both at Okayama-Ekimae)
|Chayamachi||茶屋町||14.9||｜||●||Honshi-Bisan Line (Seto-Ōhashi Line)||Kurashiki|
|JR Shikoku 8000 series||Electric multiple unit||130||Limited express Shiokaze||Okayama - Matsuyama, Uwajima|
|JR Shikoku/Tosa Kuroshio Railway 2000 series||Diesel multiple unit||130||Limited express Nanpū
Limited express Uzushio
|Okayama - Kōchi, Sukumo
Okayama - Tokushima
|JR West/JR Central 285 series||Electric multiple unit||130||Limited express Sunrise Seto||Tokyo - Takamatsu|
|JR West 223-5000 series, JR Shikoku 5000 series||Electric multiple unit||130||Rapid Marine Liner||Okayama - Takamatsu|
|JR West 213 series||Electric multiple unit||110||Regional||Okayama - Uno, Kojima|
|JR West 115 series||Electric multiple unit||110||Regional||Okayama - Uno, Kan'onji, Kotohira|
|JR Shikoku 113 series||Electric multiple unit||110||Regional||Okayama - Kan'onji, Kotohira|
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia