The Unarchiver unar
The Unarchiver is a replacement for "Archive Utility.app" in Mac OS X and is free software. Its command line Version unar/lsar supports the RAR3 format and is part of many GNU/Linux Distributions. Since Version 3.6 the GNOME unarchiving utility File Roller supports unar.
- Galina Miclosic (December 2011). "Frequently Asked Questions". UniquE RAR File Library. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- Paolo Bacchilega (2012-07-09). "Bug 646606 - Use 'unar' rather than 'unrar' to extract RAR files: Announcement of unar support in File Roller 3.6". The GNOME Project. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- RARLAB's UnRAR—source and binaries
- GNA's UnRAR
- unrarlib—a GPL library for decoding RAR (version 2) archives based on the Roshal's code
- The Unarchiver
- Free RAR Extract Frog — a freeware tool using the dll-library for decoding RAR archives
- RarZilla Free Unrar — a freeware decompression tool for RAR archives
- SharpCompress — a pure C# implementation of UnRAR and other compression/decompression formats. Successor to NUnrar