|Publisher(s)||Infogrames (Under the Atari brand name)|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 2.0|
Unreal Championship is a first-person shooter video game co-developed by Epic Games and Digital Extremes. It was published by Infogrames and released for the Xbox. Unreal Championship is essentially a console version game of the PC-based Unreal Tournament 2003, developed specifically to take advantage of Xbox Live, Microsoft's online gaming service. In 2003 Unreal Championship was added to Microsoft's "Platinum Hits" line of Xbox games. It was followed in 2005 by Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict also for Xbox.
- Team deathmatch
- Capture the flag
- Double Domination – In Double Domination both teams must control two points on the map for ten seconds in order to score. A point can be taken by walking into its symbol, A or B. NPCs can be ordered to go to a certain point.
- Survival — 1 vs 1 deathmatch with more players than usual. As each round ends, the losing player is made to join a queue of spectators while the winner remains in the game until killed. The winner is the first player to reach a predetermined score.
- Bombing Run – Unreal-style football where the player's team must score by placing the ball in the enemy force's goal. The bombing gun regenerates health as the offensive player moves, giving him additional lifespan to reach the enemy goal. Once the enemy goal is reached, the offensive player can run into it to score seven points for their team. Shooting the bomb into the enemy goal earns three points.
The soundtrack for Unreal Championship was composed by Starsky Partridge.
- "Unreal Championship - GameSpot". Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- "Unreal Championship - Metacritic". Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- "Unreal Championship Review". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Unreal Championship Review". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Liu, Johnny (1 January 2003). "Unreal Championship Review. We are the champions, my frags". Game Revolution. Net Revolution Inc. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Gerstmann, Jeff (19 November 2002). "Unreal Championship Review. Unreal Championship is a great game that is filled with action-packed, bloody shootouts that are especially fun online, but it lacks polish in a few spots". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Nutt, Christian (5 December 2002). "Unreal Championship Review". GameSpy. Glu Mobile. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Boulding, Aaron (11 November 2002). "Unreal Championship Review. Infogrames brings the PC franchise to Xbox and Xbox Live". IGN. Retrieved 9 October 2014.