This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
In the film industry, unsimulated sex is the presentation of sex scenes in which actors genuinely perform the depicted sex acts, rather than simulating them. Although it is ubiquitous in films intended as pornographic, it is very uncommon in other films. At one time in the United States such scenes were restricted by law and self-imposed industry standards such as the Motion Picture Production Code. Films showing explicit sexual activity were confined to privately distributed underground films, such as stag films or "porn loops". In the 1960s, social attitudes about sex began to shift, and sexually explicit films were decriminalized in many countries.
With movies such as Blue Movie by Andy Warhol, mainstream movies began pushing boundaries in terms of what was presented on screen. Notable examples include two of the eight Bedside-films and the six Zodiac-films from the 1970s, all of which were produced in Denmark and had many pornographic sex scenes, but were nevertheless considered mainstream films, all having mainstream casts and crews, and premiering in mainstream cinemas. The last of these films, Agent 69 Jensen i Skyttens tegn, was made in 1978. From the end of the 1970s until the late 1990s it was rare to see hardcore scenes in mainstream cinema, but this changed with the success of Lars von Trier's The Idiots (1998), which heralded a wave of art-house films with explicit content, such as Romance (1999), Baise-moi (2000), Intimacy (2001), Vincent Gallo's The Brown Bunny (2003), and Michael Winterbottom's 9 Songs (2004). Some simulated sex scenes are sufficiently realistic that critics mistakenly believe that they are real, such as the cunnilingus scene in the 2006 film Red Road.
In an interview after the release of his film Love (2015), when asked why audiences want to see realistic portrayals of sex, Gaspar Noé suggested it's really about power structures: "In most societies whether they're western or not, people want to control the sexual behaviour or to organise it in a precise context. Sex is like a danger zone. Sometimes class barriers fall down and it scares a lot of people. It's about states controlling their systems, like religion."
I've been a part of professional mainstream film for 17 years, and then in addition to that, I am a citizen of the United States and, you know, I am engaged with its mainstream culture, but I've also done a fair amount of studying queer theory or queer cinema classes. So I’ve found that my place, one thing that my position allows, is a way to bring these two worlds together and also question the rules of mainstream cinema or mainstream culture, to examine why things are made the way that they are, why some subject matter is presented in one way and not another, and how those things shape us as people, how it shapes our beliefs, how it shapes the way that we live. If we can question those things or introduce alternative ways of viewing lifestyles or whatever it might be in mainstream cinema or indie cinema or art cinema, I think it can only be for the good. If other voices or other kinds of discussions or storylines or narratives from different perspectives are introduced, it will only make us richer as a people.
A few directors have openly discussed or written about the technical problems inherent in filming of actual sexual acts, particularly with actors or actresses who have never performed such acts on film. In an interview with BlackBook, Gaspar Noé acknowledges that it is difficult for several reasons: an actor may not be able to get or maintain an erection in the presence of even a small crew, or on camera; either of the participants may have a current partner. "So I've decided that the best way to show real sex is to cast two single people who used to be a couple."
Pornographic films re-edited for mainstream release
Prior to the advent of home video, a number of hardcore pornography films were released to mainstream cinemas. In most cases, scenes of penetration were either cut out or replaced with alternate shots. One exception to this was Deep Throat, which was released uncensored.
Examples of this type of hybrid release include Café Flesh (1982)—the R-rated version of this science fiction porn film was released to mainstream cinemas; Stocks and Blondes (1984), originally available as Wanda Whips Wall Street; and Droid (1988), originally released as Cabaret Sin in 1987.
The following mainstream films have scenes with verified real sexual activity, meaning actors or actresses are filmed engaging in actual coitus or performing related sexual acts such as fellatio and cunnilingus. This list does not include documentaries about pornography, which may contain unsimulated sexual activity.
|Gift||1966||One of the first Danish mainstream films with explicit and unsimulated sex scenes, although key sex scenes were blocked by censors during showings at the time in the United States. The film is directed by Knud Leif Thomsen.||Danish|
|They Call Us Misfits||1968||They Call Us Misfits is a Swedish documentary film, directed by Stefan Jarl and Jan Lindqvist which was released to cinemas in Sweden on 25 March 1968. The film is about two young "hippies" and musicians Kenta and Stoffe. This is the earliest "legal" film in Sweden to show a non-simulated sex scene.||Swedish|
|Blue Movie||1969||A 1969 film by Andy Warhol – the first film depicting explicit sex to receive wide theatrical distribution in the United States – a seminal film in the Golden Age of Porn (1969–1984) and, according to Warhol, a major influence in the making of Last Tango in Paris, an internationally controversial erotic drama film, starring Marlon Brando, and released a few years after Blue Movie was made.||English|
|99 Women||According to the Stephen Thrower's book Murderous Passions: The Delirious Cinema of Jesús Franco there are four different versions of this film, including the director's cut and the 1974 French hardcore version which adds just over eight minutes of hardcore material shot by Claude Sendron. Both versions are available on DVD by Another World Entertainment.||English|
|Double Face||There is a French hardcore version of this film by Riccardo Freda (under the title Chaleur et jouissance) featuring actress Alice Arno.||Italian|
|Quiet Days in Clichy||1970||A film by Jens Jørgen Thorsen, based on the long-banned novel by Henry Miller feature real sex scenes with full penetration.||Danish, English|
|Groupie Girl||Groupie Girl, directed by Derek Ford is also available in hardcore "export" version.||English|
|The Deviates||A film directed by Eduardo Cemano released originally as a softcore and later re-released with additional hardcore scenes involving Harry Reems.||English|
|Bacchanale||American film directed by John and Lem Amero, contains some hardcore inserts. Set in a dream, the film utilizes "erotic surrealism" and "dream-logic" in a mix of death, guilt, eroticism, and incest.||English|
|Kama Sutra '71||American film, directed by Raj Devi features hardcore scenes, involving an actress Ann Perry.||English|
|Cry Uncle!||1971||This film by John G. Avildsen shows unsimulated fellatio.||English|
|Slaughter Hotel||A film, directed by Fernando Di Leo is also released in a version featuring hardcore inserts of female genitalia and lesbian intercourse. This version circulated in France under the title Les insatisfaites poupées érotiques du docteur Hitchcock.||Italian|
|A Lizard in a Woman's Skin||There are three French versions of this film by Lucio Fulci: Carole (the original version released in 1971), and two versions released in 1976: Le venin de la peur (renamed original version) and the version with hardcore inserts under the title Les salopes vont en enfer.||Italian|
|Luminous Procuress||A film, directed by Steven F. Arnold featuring some hardcore heterosexual sex.||English|
|Secret Rites||British pseudo-documentary film by Derek Ford is also available in hardcore "export version".||English|
|A Clockwork Blue||1972||An American film directed by Eric Jeffrey Haims available in both softcore and hardcore versions.||English|
|Pink Flamingos||This film by John Waters was banned in Australia in 1997. The Board unanimously noted a scene which included "close up real depictions of actual fellatio....which unambiguously contravene R classification guidelines.".||English|
|Who Killed the Prosecutor and Why?||There is a version of this film, directed by Giuseppe Vari made for foreign market with hardcore inserts. These scenes are available as a part of deleted scenes presented in CineKult DVD.||Italian|
|La verità secondo Satana (lit. The Truth According to Satan)||This "psychological giallo" film by Renato Polselli had initially limited distribution (the film was released five times during the 70's). To bypass censorship and distribution problems, Polselli shot three different versions, added new footage to each print while deleted certain scenes. The "hardest" print of La verità secondo Satana features a close-up of the female orgasm.||Italian|
|So Sweet, So Dead||This film, directed by Roberto Bianchi Montero was released in the USA under the title Penetration with hardcore inserts.||Italian|
|The Red Headed Corpse||There are several versions of this film directed by Renzo Russo, including the hardcore version (taken from the French VHS, with inserts).||Italian|
|Commuter Husbands||British film by Derek Ford exists also in a version with hardcore inserts, but there is no suggestion that any of the credited cast did hardcore scenes.||English|
|Delirium (Delirio caldo)||A German double DVD from 2014 entitled Das Grauen kommt nachts contains four different versions of this film by Renato Polselli, including both the Italian original version and the French hardcore version. The uncut version as the director intended it to be seen is also available in French DVD.||Italian|
|Christina, the Devil Nun (Cristiana monaca indemoniata)||Uncut version of this film, directed by Sergio Bergonzelli contains hardcore scenes.||Italian|
|I Jomfruens tegn (Danish Pastries)||1973||First film in the Danish Zodiac-series of mainstream-comedies, directed by Finn Karlsson with hardcore scenes.||Danish|
|Ingrid sulla strada (Ingrid the Streetwalker )||There are two versions of this film by Brunello Rondi, softcore (released in Italy) and hardcore (released later in France; containins inserts). According to the source, the film was never released on home-video.||Italian|
|Thriller – A Cruel Picture||A film by Bo Arne Vibenius containing both explicit violence and hardcore sex scenes performed by hired actors (body double for Christina Lindberg). Synapse Films released two versions of Thriller on DVD; Thriller: They Call Her One-Eye (Vengeance Edition, 2005, censored version) and Thriller – A Cruel Picture (Limited Edition, 2004, uncensored version).||Swedish|
|Revelations of a Psychiatrist on the World of Sexual Perversion (Rivelazioni di uno psichiatra sul mondo perverso del sesso)||A film by Renato Polselli, shot in mondo-style containing twenty minutes of hardcore sex in the orgy scene.||Italian|
|A Scream in the Streets||Film by Carl Monson and several other directors contains a few seconds of actual penetration.||English|
|The Devil in Miss Jones||American Film directed by Gerard Damiano and reviewed favorably by Roger Ebert.||English|
|Fleshpot on 42nd Street||This film, directed by Andy Milligan exists in two versions: the hardcore version titled Fleshpot on 42nd Street (original) and the softcore version titled The Girls of 42nd Street (although this cut has also released under the "Fleshpot" title).||English|
|The Other Side of the Mirror (Al otro lado del espejo, Le Miroir obscène, Al otro lado del espejo)||This film by Jess Franco exists in at least five versions, including three different softcore versions (two Spanish and one French) and two different hardcore versions (one French and one Italian).||Spanish|
|Sinner: The Secret Diary of a Nymphomaniac (Le Journal intime d'une nymphomane)||Le Journal intime d'une nymphomane was released in June 1973 in France, and then re-released in a version with hardcore inserts in 1977 under the title Les Inassouvies. There are both DVD and Blu-ray releases of the film.||French|
|A Virgin Among the Living Dead||A Virgin Among the Living Dead is a film by Jess Franco and exists in many hardcore and edited versions.||French|
|The Sinful Dwarf||A film by Eduardo Fuller (credited as Vidal Raski). Severin Films features both the unrated US theatrical version under the re-release title The Abducted Bride and the original Danish hardcore version The Dwarf.||English|
|The Devil's Plaything||A film directed by Joseph W. Sarno, in its uncut version features many explicit scenes, including a close-up scene of female masturbation by dildo.||English|
|Anita: Swedish Nymphet||Swedish film, directed by Torgny Wickman was released in two versions; softcore (Sweden, 1973) and hardcore (the United States, 1975 as Anita, Swedish Nymphette).||Swedish|
|The Sex Thief||There is also a hardcore version of this British film by Martin Campbell, although there is no suggestion that any of the credited cast did hardcore scenes.||English|
|The Porn Brokers||A British pseudo-documentary film by John Lindsay containing hardcore footage for export version.||English|
|Emmanuelle||1974||A film, directed by Just Jaeckin contains a scene where a woman places the cigarette in her vagina and allows it to inhale and exhale the smoke.||French|
|The Eerie Midnight Horror Show||A film directed by Mario Gariazzo, originally released in Italy in 1974 (softcore version) and re-released in US as Sexorcist Devil (hardcore version, with added explicit scenes).||Italian|
|Zelda||For the French version, director Alberto Cavallone shot additional hardcore scenes.||Italian|
|I Tyrens tegn (In the Sign of the Taurus)||Second film in the Danish Zodiac-series of mainstream-comedies, directed by Werner Hedman with hardcore scenes.||Danish|
|Score||American film by Radley Metzger, based on an off-Broadway play that included Sylvester Stallone. It features a scene of unsimulated fellatio between Calvin Culver and Gerald Grant.||English|
|Riot in a Women's Prison (Prigione di donne)||An erotic film, directed by Brunello Rondi was released in France in a version entitled Penitencier de femmes perverses containing additional hardcore scenes added by French distributor.||Italian, English|
|The Girls of Kamare||A Situationist film, directed by René Viénet contains hardcore footage inserted by Viénet himself.||Japanese|
|La Bonzesse||A French film by François Jouffa contains a scene of fellatio (non-simulated, performed during filming according to the source, but not very visible however). The penetration scene might or might not be real.||French|
|Sweet Movie||This film by Dušan Makavejev contains some non-simulated sex acts.||English, French, Polish, Spanish|
|Flossie||A 1974 Swedish erotic film, featuring an actress Marie Forså, shot in two versions; explicit softcore (containing the image of erect penis and "barely hidden fellatio") and hardcore version (with inserts, involving the actors from original production – released theatrically in France in 1975). Bach Films DVD released both versions.||Swedish|
|Immoral Tales||This film, directed by Walerian Borowczyk consists of four stories, titled La marée, Thérèse philosophe, Erszébet Báthory, and Lucrezia Borgia, respectively. In the third story, there is a close up scene of vaginal pearl insertion performed by an actress Marie Forså. The German Blu-ray edition of Immoral Tales contains a (pixelated) film clip from Borowczyk's A Private Collection that features an unsimulated bestiality between a woman and a dog.||French, Italian, Hungarian|
|Lorna the Exorcist||A film, by Jess Franco exists in a number of versions, including French versions of different lengths and an Italian version with hardcore footage shot by another director/producer Robert de Nesle.||French|
|Countess Perverse (La Comtesse perverse)||A film by Jess Franco has been released in at least four variants, including: the director's cut, two French versions (one theatrical, "semi-hardcore" version entitled Les Croqueuses and one hardcore, released on SECAM videocassette as LA COMTESSE PERVERSE although it may also have played theatrically) and one different Italian hardcore version entitled Sexy Nature. Mondo Macabro contains the original director's cut and the Les Croqueuses version under the Sexy Nature title.||French|
|Carnal Revenge (Carnalità)||At least two versions of this film by Alfredo Rizzo were released theatrically; the original version (released in Italy in 1974) and the hardcore one (released in France in 1975, with additional hardcore sequences added by French distributor.||Italian|
|Keep It Up, Jack||British sex comedy film directed by Derek Ford exists also in a version with hardcore inserts, however there is no suggestion that any of the credited cast did hardcore scenes.||English|
|The Hot Girls||British film by John Lindsay has also hardcore export version; it is not clear if the credited cast performed in the extra hardcore sequences.||English|
|Voodoo Sexy (Il pavone nero)||This film by Osvaldo Civirani was released in both softcore version (in Italian VHS) and hardcore version.||Italian|
|Nude for Satan||A film by Luigi Batzella exists in both Original Version (softcore, released theatrically in late 1974 in Italy) and Hardcore Version (contains inserts, with body double for Rita Calderoni and available in a Dutch DVD).||Italian|
|I Tvillingernes tegn (In the Sign of the Gemini)||1975||Third film in the Danish Zodiac-series of mainstream-comedies, directed by Werner Hedman with hardcore scenes.||Danish|
|Der må være en sengekant (Come to My Bedside)||Sixth film in the Danish Bedside-series of erotic mainstream-comedies, directed by John Hilbard and one of the two to have hardcore scenes.||Danish|
|The Image||This film by Radley Metzger, based on the novel L'Image by Catherine Robbe-Grillet, features many unsimulated sex scenes including S&M, fellatio and cunnilingus.||English, French|
|Number Two||Numéro deux is one of Jean-Luc Godard's most sexually explicit works, mixing pornography and politics. It contains at least one non-simulated scene (fellatio).||French|
|The Teenage Prostitution Racket (Storie di vita e malavita)||Film, directed by Carlo Lizzani and Mino Giarda (also a co-writer) available in many different versions, including a version with 10 minutes of additional hardcore footage, shot by Giarda; this version may be found on Italian Raro Blu-ray released in 2018.||Italian|
|Black Emanuelle||This film, directed by Bitto Albertini exists in both softcore and hardcore versions. Hardcore scenes were performed by body doubles. In Italy, it was released on DVD by Stormovie with the fully uncut hardcore print.||Italian|
|Emanuelle's Revenge||A German version of this film directed by Joe D'Amato, and titled Die Lady Mit der Pussycat contains hardcore footage featuring Brigitte Lahaie.||Italian|
|Felicia (Les mille et une perversions de Felicia)||A film by Max Pécas shot as the softcore film and then following Giscardian liberation and the creation of the X classification, Pécas was "forced" to shot the hardcore version. The both versions may be found on Italian DVD.||French|
|But Who Raped Linda?||There are two different versions of this film directed by Jess Franco: softcore version and hardcore French version.||French|
|Female Vampire||Jess Franco originally made three different versions of the film (originally entitled The Bare Breasted Countess), including a straight vampire film called La comtesse noire, a horror-oriented erotic film entitled La Comtesse aux seins nus, and the hardcore version Les avaleuses. The film premiered in France under the title La Comtesse noire in May 1975.||French|
|Les Chatouilleuses (Le sexy goditrici)||A film by Jess Franco. In addition to the French original version released in 1975, there is also the Italian hardcore version released in VHS.||French|
|L'Éventreur de Notre-Dame (Exorcism)||A film by Jess Franco exists in many different versions, including a version titled "Sexorcisme" with hardcore scenes.||French, Latin|
|Justine and Juliette (Justine och Juliette)||A film directed by Mac Ahlberg contains hardcore scenes.||Swedish|
|The Bloodsucker Leads the Dance||This film, directed by Alfredo Rizzo was released in France under the title L’Insatiable Samantha. This version contains some hardcore scenes.||Italian|
|Lips of Blood||Director Jean Rollin shoot two versions of this film: original softcore (released as Lèvres de Sang in 1975) and hardcore (contains a scene of fellatio, released as Suce Moi Vampire in 1976).||French|
|Rêves pornos (Le Dictionnaire de l'érotisme)||Rêves pornos is essentially a compilation of scenes from erotic movies shot by Max Pécas between 1965 and 1974 with additional hardcore sequences. The scenes are taken from movies like la Nuit la plus chaude, Je suis une nymphomane, Comment le désir vient aux filles and some others from that period.||French|
|Wham! Bam! Thank You, Spaceman!||This film, directed by William A. Levey exists in both softcore and hardcore XXX version. The hardcore scenes were performed by body doubles.||English|
|Breaking Point||The third film directed by Swedish director Bo Arne Vibenius features hardcore sex scenes.||English|
|Rolls-Royce Baby||A film directed by Erwin C. Dietrich contains several onscreen fellatio scenes by Lina Romay.||German|
|Girls Come First||There is also a version of this British film, directed by Joseph McGrath with extra hardcore sequences, but it is not clear if any of the credited cast was involved in it.||English|
|The Sexplorer||British sex comedy film by Derek Ford has also a version with hardcore inserts for foreign markets.||English|
|Le Sexe qui parle||This film, directed by Claude Mulot, was the first exclusive hardcore feature film produced and released in France to meet international success, and has been called a cult film. The film was theatrically released in France in November 1975 (at the end of the period of Giscardian liberation, a month before introducing Classification X in France). The film is available in both hardcore version (Alpha France DVD) and softcore version (Bach Films DVD).||French|
|Barbed Wire Dolls||1976||This film by Jess Franco in its uncut version contains explicit scene of digital penetration which had to be removed from the UK DVD version by Anchor Bay in order to achieve an 18 classification.||French|
|Emanuelle in Bangkok||Directed by Joe D'Amato this film, in its uncut Italian DVD version, contains hardcore shots of vaginal penetration by ping pong balls.||Italian|
|Luxure (Lust)||A film by Max Pécas exists in both original softcore version (Luxure) and hardcore version (Sweet Taste of Honey).||French|
|The Opening of Misty Beethoven||American erotic film, based on the play Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw (and its derivative, My Fair Lady), and directed by Radley Metzger, is regarded as attaining a mainstream level in storyline and sets, and is considered, by award-winning author Toni Bentley, the "crown jewel" of the Golden Age of Porn.||English|
|Alice in Wonderland||An erotic musical comedy. Kristine DeBell performed in a unsimulated lesbian sex scene with Juliet Graham. It was produced as a softcore film, but later re-edited as a hardcore pornographic film, to include footage not filmed during the original production, including a sequence of De Bell performing oral sex on the film's producer, Bill Osco, which was edited into the film's Mad Hatter sequence.||English|
|Sømænd på sengekanten (Bedside Sailors)||Eighth and final film in the Danish Bedside-series of erotic mainstream-comedies, directed by John Hilbard and one of the two to have hardcore scenes, including extensive clips from the short Color Climax #1283: Mail Order Sex (1973), watched on 8mm by the ship's crew.||Danish|
|I Løvens tegn (In the Sign of the Lion)||Fourth film in the Danish Zodiac-series of mainstream-comedies, directed by Werner Hedman with hardcore scenes.||Danish|
|In the Realm of the Senses||This film, directed by Nagisa Oshima has many experimental and avant-garde elements features hardcore sex scenes, showing genitals of actors. Based on the story of Sada Abe, features fellatio and other non-simulated sexual acts.||Japanese|
|Through the Looking Glass||Film by Jonas Middleton with many experimental and avant-garde elements. Middleton shot three different versions of the film (two softcore, one hardcore) in order to market the film to different audiences.||English|
|A Real Young Girl||This film is Catherine Breillat's first feature film, shot in 1975, but banned for the next 25 years, mostly due to hardcore nature of its content. Some controversial scenes show: full frontal vagina, bodily fluids, urination and masturbation.||French|
|Die Marquise von Sade||A film by Jess Franco. Ascot Elite Entertainment Group features the hardcore director's cut and softcore version.||German|
|Girls in the Night Traffic||German Blu-ray Edition of this Jess Franco's film contains both softcore and hardcore version.||German|
|The French Governess (Calde labbra)||A film, directed by Demofilo Fidani was released in two main versions; as Calde labbra/Excitation and as Burning Lips – hardcore version, released on VHS.||Italian|
|Inhibition||NoShame Films released both uncut version (hardcore) and cut version (softcore) of this Paolo Poetti's film.||Italian|
|Around the World in 80 Beds (In 80 Betten um die Welt, Mondo Erotico)||Film by Jess Franco available also in hardcore version. However, authenticity of the film as a "real" mondo is highly debated (according to the sources).||German|
|Sex Express||Also known as Diversions, this British film directed by Derek Ford is also available in hardcore "export" version.||English|
|Keep It Up Downstairs||This British film by Robert Young also exists in a version with hardcore inserts that involved body doubles for the main stars.||English|
|Secrets of a Superstud||Directed by Morton L Lewis and Alan Selwyn, this British film was also shoot in hardcore export version, entitled It's Getting Harder All the Time.||English|
|The Office Party||British film, directed by David Grant, has also a hardcore export version.||English|
|The Angel and the Woman||1977||This film by Gilles Carle contains some explicitly unsimulated sexual activity between its stars.||French|
|Agent 69 Jensen i Skorpionens tegn (Agent 69 in the Sign of Scorpio)||Fifth film in the Danish Zodiac series of mainstream comedies, by Werner Hedman with hardcore scenes.||Danish|
|Shining Sex||There are at least two versions of this film by Jess Franco: explicit softcore (available in DVD as Shining Sex – it seems to be Franco's original cut, which is also released in France as La fille au sexe brillant), and hardcore (more explicit re-edited French version with hardcore inserts, available also in DVD).||French|
|Fate la nanna coscine di pollo||A film by Amasi Damiani was shot originally as softcore and (allegedly) released in 1977. A hardcore version under the title Gli amori morbosi di una contessina was released a few years later.||Italian|
|Blue Rita (Le Cabaret des filles perverses)||There are at least two versions of this film by Jess Franco, Director's Cut (released theatricaly in France in 1977; available also in German DVD) and French hardcore version (created of inserts, not released in DVD.)||German|
|Emanuelle in America||A film by Joe D'Amato exists in both softcore and hardcore versions.||Italian|
|Emanuelle Around the World||The hardcore European version of this film by Joe D'Amato, prepared for the French market contains penetration, oral sex, and bestiality scenes with a snake and a dog.||Italian|
|Sister Emanuelle||There is also the Danish DVD version of this film by Giuseppe Vari with hardcore sex scenes.||Italian|
|Nazi Love Camp 27||Film by Mario Caiano, some versions of which contains hardcore inserts.||Italian|
|Under the Bed||British film, directed by David Grant exists in a version with hardcore footage.||English|
|The Mark||Greek film, directed by Ilias Mylonakos exists in both softcore version (The Mark) and hardcore version (Call Girl).||English|
|The Ceremony||A film (also known as Erotiki Teleti) directed by the prolific Greek director Omiros Efstratiadis exists in many versions, including the hardcore ones.||Greek|
|Monsieur Sade||A film, directed by Jacques Robin opens with one "truly pornographic scene", while the rest of the footage is mostly simulated.||French|
|Caligula's Hot Nights (Le calde notti di Caligola)||Erotic comedy directed by Roberto Bianchi Montero, shot in two versions, one softcore and one hardcore (containing one penetration and several fellatio scenes; prepared for foreign market).||Italian|
|Agent 69 Jensen i Skyttens tegn (Agent 69 Jensen in the Sign of Sagittarius)||1978||Sixth and final film in the Danish Zodiac-series of mainstream-comedies, by Werner Hedman with hardcore scenes.||Danish|
|Behind Convent Walls (Interno di un convento)||The uncut version of this nunsploitation film by Walerian Borowczyk features hardcore scene of female masturbation by a wooden dildo with the face of Christ painted on one end of it; "the most graphic sexual scene in the film and what makes the film infamous".||Italian|
|Blue Movie||This film, directed by Alberto Cavallone, also exists in uncut 8mm version with hardcore material that includes fellatio and intercourse scenes.||Italian|
|Sister of Ursula (La sorella di Ursula)||The director Enzo Milioni confirmed the existence of both uncut softcore version and hardcore version (with inserts, added by producers) of the film.||Italian|
|The Coming of Sin (La visita del vicio)||The film by José Ramón Larraz was originally released in two versions; international version (significantly shortened original Director's cut with some fairly graphic sex scenes, released in Holland and other European countries as Violation of the Bitch) and hardcore version (with inserts, released in Italian PAL VHS as Sodomia). The 2019 Arrow Films Blu-ray released Larraz's original, uncensored cut for the first time.||Spanish|
|Pleasure Shop on the Avenue (Il porno shop della settima strada)||Erotic thriller film (also known as Il porno shop della settima strada), directed by Joe D'Amato was originally shoot as a softcore, and then at the request of the producers, some hardcore footage was added. The full hardcore version of the film can be found on the Italian DVD by Cinesexy, released in 2015.||Italian|
|You're Driving Me Crazy||There is a hardcore version of this film by David Grant, but it is not clear if any of the cast participated in the hardcore inserts.||English|
|Immoral Women||1979||This film, directed by Walerian Borowczyk consists of three stories titled Margherita, Marceline, and Marie, respectively. In the first story, Margherita, there is an unsimulated intercourse scene.||French, Italian|
|Caligula||The film's producer, Bob Guccione, added six minutes of several hardcore inserts, including penetration, fellatio and ejaculation. The scenes shot by Tinto Brass are entirely softcore.||English|
|Images in a Convent||This film by Joe D'Amato contains many explicit sex scenes including hardcore sex in the rape scene.||Italian|
|Play Motel||A giallo film directed by Mario Gariazzo contains hardcore sex scenes.||Italian|
|Giallo a Venezia||A film by Mario Landi available in a Scorpion Releasing Blu-ray includes one hardcore insert.||Italian|
|Malabimba - The Malicious Whore||A nunsploitation film directed by Andrea Bianchi containing hardcore footage (including fellatio scene, performed by the actors from the main production). The film was distributed theatrically in Italy in September 1979.||Italian|
|Bare Behind Bars||1980||A women in prison film by Oswaldo de Oliveira containing some hardcore scenes. The film was released theatrically in Brazil in 1980, and later in DVD by Blue Underground.||Portuguese|
|Beast in Space (La bestia nello spazio)||Severin Films released both softcore version (Unrated) and hardcore version (made using some separately shot hardcore sequences) of this film by Alfonso Brescia; it is uncertain which of the versions is original.||Italian|
|Blow Job (Soffio erotico)||Director Alberto Cavallone stated that the film did not feature any graphic sex scenes except for one simulated scene of oral sex. This claimed was refuted by other members of the films production. A hardcore version of the film was shot with the cast featuring three uncredited performers who work with Cavallone again in his hardcore films, including Pauline Teutscher, Guya Lauri Filzi, and Hassan Jabar. The film was distributed theatrically in Italy by Distribuzione Cinematografica in May 1980.||Italian, French|
|La gemella erotica||Alberto Cavallone shoot this film in both softcore and hardcore versions.||Italian|
|Erotic Nights of the Living Dead||In his book assistant professor Danny Shipka of Louisiana State University gave Erotic Nights of the Living Dead negative review, criticizing the acting, gore, and sex scenes, and concluding that the merging of "hardcore sex and extreme violence is disturbing".||Italian|
|Sesso nero – Exotic Malice||This film by Joe D'Amato is considered by authors of the book Luce Rossa. La nascita e le prime fasi del cinema pornografico in Italia as the first Italian hardcore film to be shown in Italian theatres. It is explained on the site www.mondo-digital.com why this film, like most of D'Amato's films from the period, "can't be classified as a traditional porn film".||Italian|
|Flying Sex (Sesso profondo)||An Italian film, directed by Marino Girolami contains hardcore sex scenes. The film was released in many European countries, including Italy and Sweden.||Italian|
|Libidomania 2 (Sesso perverso, mondo violento)||A mondo film by Bruno Mattei containing hardcore scenes. According to available sources, some of these "mondo sequences" are actually sections, retrieved from other mondo films, rather than being licensed news, reportage or actuality footage.||Italian|
|Quando l'amore è oscenità (lit. When love is obscenity)||A film by Renato Polselli, according to the source "his most notorious, most offensive, most challenging film", shot in 1973 but not released theatrically until 1979/1980 due to censorship problems. The fully uncut version of the film contains both scenes of various kinds of sexual activities (some of which are hardcore) and scenes of strong violence/gore.||Italian|
|Hard Sensation||Uncut version of this film by Joe D'Amato contains hardcore scenes.||Italian|
|Hotel Paradise (Orinoco: Prigioniere del sesso)||Both of softcore and hardcore versions of this film, directed by Edoardo Mulargia can be found on the Danish DVD by Another World Entertainment.||Italian|
|Sex and Black Magic (Orgasmo nero)||This, mostly softcore film by Joe D'Amato shows one brief hardcore insert.||Italian|
|Porno Esotic Love (Sexy Erotic Love )||To produce Porno Esotic Love, director Joe D'Amato juxtaposed sequences from Black Cobra Woman and Emanuelle in Bangkok with hardcore footage added.||Italian|
|The Porno Killers (Le porno killers)||Uncut version of this film by Roberto Mauri (his last film) contains strong scenes of violence and hardcore sex.||Italian|
|Spetters||This film directed by Paul Verhoeven features explicit hardcore sex scenes, including oral sex.||Dutch|
|Taxi zum Klo||A film directed by Frank Ripploh features hardcore gay sex scenes.||German, English, French|
|Fruits of Passion||1981||This film by Shūji Terayama contains unsimulated fellatio.||Cantonese, Japanese, English, French|
|Emmanuelle in Soho||British film, directed by David Hughes is also available in a hardcore version with different performers, two female and one male.||English|
|Porno Holocaust||Assistant professor Danny Shipka of Louisiana State University gave Porno Holocaust negative review, criticizing the acting, gore, and sex scenes, and concluding that the merging of "hardcore sex and extreme violence is disturbing".||Italian|
|Caligula... The Untold Story||1982||The uncut European version of this film, directed by Joe D'Amato contains hardcore material of various sorts. Caligula... The Untold Story was released in Italy and in other European countries in both theaters and on home video in several different softcore and hardcore versions.||Italian|
|Scandale||This film by George Mihalka contains both softcore and hardcore sex scenes.||French|
|Apocalipsis sexual (lit. Sexual apocalypse)||A film by Carlos Aured and Sergio Bergonzelli (uncredited) was released in both softcore version (in Spanish DVD) and hardcore version (in Italian VHS).||Spanish|
|Aphrodite||A softcore film directed by Robert Fuest (his last feature film), which includes a scene showing the partial insertion of a big toe into a vagina. The film was released in French cinemas in July 1982.||French|
|Il nano erotico||A film directed by Alberto Cavallone, exists in two version: the softcore version titled Essere tenuto – Being Captured and the hardcore version titled Baby Sitter [released in France as Petites fesses juvéniles (pour membres bienfaiteurs)]||Italian|
|My Nights with Messalina (Bacanales Romanas)||A Spanish erotic peplum directed by Jaime J. Puig containing both hardcore scenes (which are "limited and somewhat restrained with more emphasis on characters and an erotic narrative") and violence. It is one of the first film with hardcore sex produced in that country after the death of Francisco Franco in 1975 which led to a more relaxed censorship environment.||Spanish|
|The Virgin for Caligula (Una virgen para Caligula)||A Spanish peplum by Jaime J. Puig containing various sexual situations, including hardcore scenes.||Spanish|
|Luz del Fuego||This Brazilian film, directed by David Neves tells the liberal and romantic story about the controversial Brazilian vedette Luz del Fuego. Film contains a scene in which the main actress rubbing up against the penis.||Portuguese|
|Perdida em Sodoma||This Brazilian film, usually translated as Lost Girl in Sodom, written and directed by Nilton Nascimento contains several hardcore scenes of fellatio and penetration.||Portuguese|
|Killing of the Flesh (Delitto carnale)||1983||This giallo film, directed by Cesare Canevari was released in both softcore version (as a contemporary thriller) and hardcore version.||Italian|
|Satan's Baby Doll||A film by Mario Bianchi, shoot in two versions: as an erotic horror (softcore, released theatrically in Spain and Italy in February and July 1983, respectively) and in hardcore version (as Orgasmo di Satana in Italy. Although Bianchi and producer Gabriele Crisanti had denied it had ever existed, a hardcore version premiered on a German DVD in 2007).||Italian|
|Taking Tiger Mountain||A film by Tom Huckabee and Kent Smith, with Bill Paxton in the main role, contains several graphic scenes, including a brief hardcore shoot of fellatio.||English|
|Emmanuelle 4||1984||This film, directed by Francis Leroi and Iris Letans exists in at least two versions. The Canadian VHS contains 3 hardcore scenes, including oral sex and intercourse.||French|
|Lillian, the Perverted Virgin [Lilian (la virgen pervertida)]||A film by Jess Franco containing several hardcore sequences which, according to available sources were added later as an inserts just to extend the already existing sex scenes, since the film had been shot as a softcore – "low-budget" drama in the first place. The film was theatrically released in Spain in 1984 and is available via Spanish kiosk DVD.||Spanish|
|The Alcove||1985||Film by Joe D'Amato contains some real sex scenes.||Italian|
|James Joyce's Women||This film, directed by Michael Pearce, is based on James Joyce's Ulysses and shows about twenty minutes of real, on camera masturbation by Fionnula Flanagan, the main actress.||English|
|Devil in the Flesh||1986||A film by Marco Bellocchio, featuring a short scene of fellatio, during which the man tells the woman about Lenin's return to St. Petersburg in 1917.||Italian|
|Emmanuelle 5||1987||This film, directed by Walerian Borowczyk, exists in at least three versions. A hardcore version was only released in France on VHS and contains scenes of intercourse, oral sex, masturbation and urination.||French, English|
|Emmanuelle 6||1988||A hardcore version of this film by Bruno Zincone and Jean Rollin was released in France on VHS, making it about 10 minutes longer than US DVD version.||French|
|Hotel St. Pauli||This film by Svend Wam shows unsimulated oral sex.||Norwegian, Swedish|
|Kindergarten||1989||This Argentinian film, directed by Jorge Polaco was banned for 20 years (in Argentina) due to nude content involving minors, as well as because of a brief hardcore shot of fellatio.||Spanish|
|Kinski Paganini||Klaus Kinski's directorial debut. According to one reviewer: "[...] it is really extremely bizarre, in moments brutal and almost experimental film with plenty of softcore and hardcore scenes [...]"||Italian|
|トパーズ (Also known as: Tokyo Decadence and Topāzu)||1992||This film by Ryu Murakami about prostitution in Japan contains sexually explicit and graphic scenes, including explicit use of a vibrator and strap-on, as well as a urination scene. However, "Murakami didn't make this film to tickle people's libidos; he wanted to bring out the potential ugliness that can come through sex."||Japanese, English|
|The Soft Kill||1994||The DVD version of this film, directed by Eli Cohen, features penetration.||English|
|La fille seule (English title: A Single Girl)||1995||This film by Benoit Jacquot features a brief scene of unsimulated penetration.||French|
|Xue Lian (English title: Trilogy of Lust)||1995||A Hong Kong Category III film containing unsimulated penetration and fellatio.||Cantonese|
|La Vie de Jésus (English title: The Life of Jesus)||1997||"In Life of Jesus, Dumont included extreme close-ups of penetration to emphasize the animal nature of the sex act."||French|
|Idioterne (English title: The Idiots)||1998||This film by Lars von Trier features extremely brief penetration and group sex.||Danish|
|L'Ennui||A film by Cédric Kahn contains non-simulated sex scenes.||French|
|Fiona||This film directed by Amos Kollek features a brief oral sex scene.||English|
|Jezus is een Palestijn (English title: Jesus is a Palestinian)||1999||Dutch film containing a scene of penetration.||Dutch|
|Romance||Directed by Catherine Breillat, features male and female masturbation, fellatio, penetration, ejaculation, and sadomasochistic bondage.||French|
|Pola X||"Pola X gained infamy world wide for its unsimulated sex acts between Guillaume Depardieu (Pierre) and Yekaterina Golubeva (Isabelle). Although body stand-ins were used for the most explicit parts."||French|
|The Man-Eater (La donna lupo)||Film by Aurelio Grimaldi contains a scene of non-simulated fellatio.||Italian|
|Guardami||Film, directed by Davide Ferrario contains non-simulated sex scenes, including fellatio by Elisabetta Cavallotti.||Italian|
|Vampire Strangler||A film by William Hellfire shows non-simulated fellatio and some other hardcore scenes.||English|
|Lies (Gojitmal)||Contains unsimulated intercourse, fellatio, coprophilia and S&M.||Korean|
|Tokyo Elegy (Shabondama Elegy)||Contains unsimulated intercourse, fellatio, cunnilingus performed by Dutch actor Thom Hoffman and Japanese adult actress Mai Hoshino.||Japanese, Dutch|
|Baise-moi||2000||Several actual sex scenes, including penetration and fellatio.||French|
|O Fantasma||Contains an unsimulated scene of homosexual fellatio.||Portuguese|
|Scrapbook||This film by Eric Stanze includes non-penetrative sex acts (hardcore fellatio and an actor urinating on an actress).||English|
|Le Pornographe (English title: The Pornographer)||This film by Bertrand Bonello shows many hardcore sex scenes, including penetration.||French|
|Lucía y el sexo (English title: Sex and Lucia)||This film by Julio Medem contains several real sex scenes, including penetration and fellatio from the porn movie made by one of the film's characters as well as manual stimulation of an erect penis and cunnilingus performed by and on another film's character.||Spanish, English|
|Hundstage (English title: Dog Days)||The first fictional feature film by director Ulrich Seidl contains a hardcore orgy scene.||German|
|The Center of the World||Film by Wayne Wang contains non-simulated scene where a stripper inserts a lollipop into her vagina (performed by pornographic actress Alisha Klass).||English|
|Lazaro's Girlfriend (La novia de Lázaro)||2002||This film by Fernando Merinero shows real fellatio.||Spanish|
|Le loup de la côte Ouest (English title: The Wolf of the West Coast)||A Hugo Santiago film with James Faulkner and Anna Mouglalis features unsimulated sex scenes.||French, English|
|Blissfully Yours (S̄ud s̄aǹeh̄ā)||This film, directed by Apichatpong Weerasethakul, contains a non-simulated scene of manual stimulation of penis to erection.||Thai|
|Choses secrètes (English title: Secret Things)||A Jean-Claude Brisseau film about female sexuality that shows many explicit sex scenes, including public masturbation by a female character and a hardcore orgy scene. The first film of a trilogy.||French|
|Ken Park||Directed by Larry Clark, this film shows both simulated and unsimulated sex scenes, such as a male masturbation and ejaculation scene.||English|
|The Brown Bunny||2003||This film by Vincent Gallo features a scene of fellatio.||English|
|Private (Fallo!)||Film directed by Tinto Brass was released in two DVD versions: Director's Cut (in Italian) that contains non-simulated oral sex scene, and alternate Producers Cut version (in English) that omits the non-simulated scene.||Italian, French, English, Spanish|
|Rossa Venezia||This film by Andreas Bethmann features many hardcore sex scenes, mostly lesbian.||German|
|The Principles of Lust||British film by Penny Woolcock which has an "x-rated orgy scene".||English|
|Anatomie de l'enfer (English title: Anatomy of Hell)||2004||By director Catherine Breillat, it features "actual sex, high-level sex scenes and high-level themes" according to the Australian Classification Review Board.||French|
|9 Songs||Several non-simulated sex scenes, including penetration, fellatio, cunnilingus and ejaculation.||English|
|Story of the Eye||Based on the novel Story of the Eye by Georges Bataille, this film, directed by Andrew Repasky McElhinney contains many hardcore sex scenes.||English|
|Kärlekens språk 2000||A Swedish (fictional) sex educational film directed by Anders Lennberg shows some authentic sex scenes. It had limited theatrical release, was shown in schools and also has DVD version.||Swedish|
|Stupid Boy (Garçon stupide)||A film by Lionel Baier contains "strong real sex". It was theatrically released in at least three countries, including France, Germany and Spain.||French|
|All About Anna||2005||A film directed by Jessica Nilsson, featuring intercourse performed both by Eileen Daly and Gry Bay and male actors, fellatio with ejaculation performed by Eileen Daly on Mark Stevens, cunnilingus performed by Ovidie on Gry Bay.||Danish|
|Battle in Heaven||Film directed by Carlos Reygadas, featuring an opening scene of unsimulated fellatio between Anapola Mushkadiz and Marcos Hernández.||Spanish|
|8mm 2||A film directed by J. S. Cardone, featuring various erotic scenes that include group sex, female masturbation, oral stimulation, authentic pornography frames, and lesbian cunnilingus.||English|
|Kissing on the Mouth||Film by Joe Swanberg contains a real scene of masturbation with ejaculation.||English|
|天邊一朵雲 (English title: The Wayward Cloud)||This film directed by Tsai Ming-liang features fellatio and penetration.||Mandarin|
|Princesas||This film by Fernando León de Aranoa contains a scene of explicit fellatio.||Spanish|
|Lie with Me||A film by Clement Virgo, based on the novel of the same title, contains "medium-to-hardcore sex".||English, Spanish|
|Destricted||2006||This film is a compilation of seven short films made by artists and independent film-makers who were commissioned to "explore the fine line where art and pornography intersect". It "contains strong, real sex".||English|
|Shortbus||Several actors perform real sexual acts including explicit masturbation, autofellatio, coitus, and fellatio.||English|
|Taxidermia||This film, directed by György Pálfi contains two sequences of brief real sexual activity (male masturbation and vaginal penetration).||Hungarian, English, Russian|
|Les Anges Exterminateurs||The second Jean-Claude Brisseau film that explores female sexuality. It shows unsimulated female masturbation.||French|
|Auftauchen (Also known as Amour fou)||Felicitas Korn's feature film debut shows several authentic sex scenes.||German|
|Ex Drummer||2007||A Flemish film, directed by Koen Mortier; it contains "strong real sex". It was theatrically released in Belgium and Netherlands.||Dutch|
|It Is Fine! Everything Is Fine.||This film directed by David Brothers and Crispin Glover contains actual penetration.||English|
|The Story of Richard O. (L'histoire de Richard O.)||This film by Damien Odoul shows some non-simulated sex scenes.||French, Finnish|
|Import/Export||The second feature film by Ulrich Seidl contains images of non-simulated sex such as digital penetration and oral sex.||German, Slovak, Russian, English|
|Lust, Caution||Contains unsimulated intercourse.||Mandarin, Cantonese|
|Serbis (English title: Service)||2008||Directed by Brillante Mendoza, it shows explicit fellatio.||Filipino, Tagalog|
|Tropical Manila||This film, directed by Sang-woo Lee, contain several explicit sex acts, including real fellatio.||Filipino, Korean|
|Otto; or Up with Dead People||A film by Bruce LaBruce contains "strong real sex".||English, German|
|À l'aventure||The third film by Jean-Claude Brisseau about female sexuality contains many explicit sex scenes, including authentic female masturbation and orgasm.||French|
|Amateur Porn Star Killer 2||This film by Shane Ryan includes explicit scenes of penetration and oral sex. The second film of a trilogy.||English|
|Gutterballs||Canadian film, directed by Ryan Nicholson exists in at least two versions; Original Version that feature explicit shots of male and female genitalia, and so called Pin-Etration Edition, basically the same as the Original Version with added short hardcore shots, including shot of vagina being penetrated by a (rubber) penis during the rape scene. Thus, Pin-Etration Edition is only 20 seconds longer then the Original Version and also has the advice Adults Only.||English|
|House of Flesh Mannequins||2009||Film, directed by Domiziano Cristopharo contains both real sex scenes and (at least some) real torture scenes performed by international porn stars and extreme body art performers, respectively. The US DVD release is Director's Cut (with warning).||English|
|Antichrist||This film by Lars von Trier features a scene of penetrative vaginal intercourse, and also includes graphically violent sexual imagery. Body doubles were used to make the film.||English|
|Enter the Void||This film, directed by Gaspar Noé contains long sequence of hardcore sex.||English, Japanese|
|The Band||This film directed by Anna Brownfield features numerous sequences of unsimulated sex.||English|
|Dogtooth||A film by Yorgos Lanthimos. "The brief real sex is used to establish the unusual and dysfunctional lifestyle that results from the isolation orchestrated by the dictatorial father, including incest."||Greek|
|Engel mit schmutzigen Flügeln (Angels with Dirty Wings)||In this film by Roland Reber, an actress Antje Mönning has actual sex in front of the camera.||German|
|Now & Later||American independent film by French director Philippe Diaz, containing multiple simulated sex scenes and one unsimulated oral sex scene performed by Shari Solanis on costar James Wortham.||English|
|Human Zoo||A film directed by Rie Rasmussen that contains unsimulated cunnilingus.||English, Serbian, Aerbian, French|
|Mundane History||A film by Anocha Suwichakornpong contains an explicit scene of male masturbation.||Thai|
|Bedways||2010||This film by Rolf Peter Kahl show real sex scenes, including two scenes of masturbation.||German|
|Rio Sex Comedy||A film by Jonathan Nossiter contains one non-simulated sex scene, involving actress Irène Jacob.||English, French|
|The Bunny Game||This film directed by Adam Rehmeier contains lengthy unsimulated fellatio.||English|
|Año bisiesto (English title: Leap Year)||Film by Michael Rowe features unsimulated sex scenes.||Spanish|
|Gandu||An Indian film, directed by Qaushiq Mukherjee, that contains actual sex scenes.||Bengali|
|LelleBelle||This film by Mischa Kamp contain images of unsimulated penetration.||Dutch|
|Q (English title: Desire)||2011||A 2011 French film, directed by Laurent Bouhnik, which features several graphic unsimulated depictions of sex.||French|
|愛很爛 (English title: Love Actually... Sucks!)||A Hong Kong film, directed by Scud, features fellatio.||Mandarin, Cantonese, English|
|Chatrak (English title: Mushrooms)||Indian Bengali film directed by Vimukthi Jayasundara contains a scene of unsimulated cunnilingus featuring actress Paoli Dam.||Bengali|
|Caged||A 2011 Dutch film directed by Stephan Brenninkmeijer, it contains several explicit hardcore sex scenes.||Dutch|
|Léa||This film, directed by Bruno Rolland, contains an unsimulated scene of cunniligus.||French|
|The Wrong Ferarri||An experimental film written and directed by, and starring, musician Adam Green, which features an unsimulated scene of Green being anally penetrated by a dildo.||English|
|The Slut||This film, directed by and starring Hagar Ben Ashar, contains unsimulated intercourse.||Hebrew|
|Clip||2012||Début film by Maja Miloš about hypersexualized teenagers. Contains two unsimulated fellatio scenes, "though Maja Milos points out that the young cast were not involved and body doubles were involved. In fact the end credits start with the statement, "Underaged persons weren’t involved in scenes of explicit sex and nudity"". Prosthetics and visual effects were also used for other scenes.||Serbian|
|Starlet||This film by Sean S. Baker contains a scene of penetration.||English|
|Paradise: Faith||Paradise: Faith is a 2012 Austrian film directed by Ulrich Seidl, the second in his Paradise trilogy. It contains "strong real sex" including brief scenes of masturbation and fellatio.||German|
|They Call It Summer (E la chiamano estate)||Film by Paolo Franchi contains non-simulated sex involving Isabella Ferrari.||Italian|
|I Want Your Love||A feature-length film from 2012, directed by Travis Mathews contains "strong real sex" between men.||English|
|Sexual Chronicles of a French Family (Chroniques sexuelles d'une famille d'aujourd'hui)||A film by Pascal Arnold and Jean-Marc Barr exists in two versions: Sensual version (softcore) and Sexual version (hardcore).||French|
|The Dark Side of Love||Contains unsimulated fellatio and golden showers.||English|
|Nymphomaniac||2013||A two-part drama by Lars von Trier, the third of his loose "Depression" trilogy. To produce scenes of simulated sex, von Trier used digital compositing to superimpose the genitals of pornographic film actors onto the bodies of the film's actors. Producer Louise Vesth explained during the Cannes Film Festival: "We shot the actors pretending to have sex and then had the body doubles, who really did have sex, and in post we will digital impose the two. So above the waist it will be the star and the (sic) below the waist it will be the doubles." The actresses playing the female lead at different ages, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stacy Martin, further revealed that prosthetic vaginas were used during filming.||English|
|Pornopung||A 2013 Norwegian film, directed by Johan Kaos, that features a scene of explicit fellatio.||Norwegian|
|Stranger by the Lake||Directed by Alain Guiraudie, Stranger by the Lake contains scenes of unsimulated sex that were shot using body doubles.||French|
|Wetlands||Film by David Wnendt contains a real scene of masturbation and ejaculation by four men on a spinach pizza. Porn actors were hired for shooting the scene.||German|
|Pasolini||2014||A film by Abel Ferrara, about the final day in the life of Pier Paolo Pasolini, shows extended, unsimulated fellatio sequence.||English, Italian, French|
|Diet of Sex||Film by Borja Brun features non-simulated sex scenes.||Spanish|
|Angry Painter (Sungnan Hwaga)||2015||Film by Kyu-hwan Jeon contains "x-rated" sexual content, including unsimulated intercourse scenes between Moon Jong-won and Russian actress Natallia Bulynia.||Korean|
|Love||This film by Gaspar Noé features scenes of unsimulated sexual activity and is notable as being a 3-D release.||English|
|Much Loved (Zin Li Fik)||An extended version of this film by Nabil Ayouch about the prostitution in Marrakesh contains non-simulated fellatio by Loubna Abidar. The scene was most likely deleted from the final cut of the movie that was screened at Cannes since, according to the review of the film in Hollywood Reporter, "Ayouch is generous in revealing body parts" they are only "of the female members of the cast".||Arabic, French|
|Melon Rainbow||A short film about a young woman who works in a home for blind people. Contains unsimulated fellatio.||Danish|
|Paris 05:59: Théo & Hugo||2016||The film opens with an 18-minute unsimulated gay orgy scene at a Paris sex club.||French|
|We Are the Flesh (Tenemos la carne)||Mexican film, directed by Emiliano Rocha Minter contains non-simulated sex scenes, including a scene of masturbation captured to climax.||Spanish|
|Needle Boy||Film, directed by Alexander Bak Sagmo features non-simulated sex scenes.||Danish|
|Love Machine (Mashina Lyubvi)||Somewhat controversial (regarding its real intention), sexually explicit film by Pavel Ruminov contains just a few hardcore moments, including oral sex.||Russian|
|The Night (La noche)||A film by Edgardo Castro features lengthy sequences of non-simulated sexual acts.||Spanish|
|A Thought of Ecstasy||2017||A film by Rolf Peter Kahl; it contains images of full-frontal nudity, erect penises, exposed vaginas as well as unsimulated sex scenes.||German|
|Picture of Beauty||A film by Maxim Ford contains non-simulated sex scenes.||English|
|Portraits of Andrea Palmer||A horror film that contains unsimulated masturbation, fellatio, and intercourse.||English|
|Marfa Girl 2||2018||A sequel to Larry Clark's 2012 film Marfa Girl, this film contains real sex scenes performed by non-actors.||English|
|Mektoub, My Love: Intermezzo||2019||A film by Abdellatif Kechiche features 13 minutes-long scene of non-simulated cunnilingus.||French|
|One Last Time||2020||A film by Olympe de G. contains unsimulated sex scenes such as penetration, masturbation and cunnilingus.||French|
|Public Eye||2021||A film written and directed by Davo Hardy, as well as starring him, this film contains explicit masturbation scenes from both genders, as well as brief allusions to other sexual acts, performed by various members of the ensemble cast.||English|
In music videos
|Protège-moi||2003||Directed by Gaspar Noé, was not officially released at the time and was replaced with footage of the song being performed live.||French, English|
|Pussy (Rammstein song)||2009||The music video included unsimulated sex scenes of body doubles of German band Rammstein.||English|
|Ritmo en la sangre||2016||The music video included unsimulated sex scenes of Spanish rock band Novedades Carminha with Amarna Miller on the band's website which requires a password to watch the video.||Spanish|
- Villadsen, Ebbe (2005): Danish Erotic Film Classics.
- Williams, Linda Ruth (2005): The Erotic Thriller in Contemporary Cinema. Indiana University Press. ISBN 0-253-34713-0.
- Hohendal, Kristin (1 July 2001). "Film Goes All the Way (In the Name of Art)". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 9 December 2010. Retrieved 29 November 2009.
- Gerrard, Nicci (3 October 1999). "Coming soon to a cinema near you". Thihe Observer. London. Archived from the original on 12 March 2014. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
Catherine Breillat's controversial French film, Romance, has just been given an 18 certificate by the British Board of Film Classification. It will be granted the respectability of mainstream cinemas round the country. It has been passed because it is 'philosophical', not pornographic. It is about sexual relationships, not an aid to sexual gratification.
- Dirks, Tim. "History of Sex in Cinema: The Greatest and Most Influential Sexual Films and Scenes". Filmsite.org. American Movie Classic Company. Archived from the original on 10 January 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Cookney, Franki. "Porn Was Legalized 50 Years Ago, This Is How The Business Has Changed". Forbes. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- Corliss, Richard (29 March 2005). "That Old Feeling: When Porno Was Chic". TIME. Archived from the original on 24 February 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Jensen, Michael (November 2006). "Legitimizing Illegitimacy: Identity Spaces and Markets for Illegitamate Products" (PDF). Organizations & Markets Workshop. Chicago Booth. Archived (PDF) from the original on 29 December 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- "Explicit Euro-sex test for British censors". The Guardian. London. 22 February 1999. Archived from the original on 4 February 2014. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Wilmington, Michael (27 August 2001). "Graphic Sex Scenes on Film Causing Little Fuss—for Now". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 4 September 2011. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- Dalton, Stephen (7 October 2006). "Sealed with a Glasgow kiss". The Times. London. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- Barlow, Helen (9 December 2015). "Director Gaspar Noé explains why real sex scenes were filmed for Love movie". Irish Examiner. Archived from the original on 31 July 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Logan, Lynn (interviewer) (16 May 2013). "Unsimulated Sex: An Interview With James Franco and Travis Matthews". Huffington Post. The Blog. Archived from the original on 2 September 2017. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
|first1=has generic name (help)
- "'Enter the Void' Director Gaspar Noé Uncensored". Black Book. 24 September 2010. Archived from the original on 31 July 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Peary, Danny (1988). Cult Movies 3. New York: Simon & Schuster Inc. pp. 52–56. ISBN 0-671-64810-1.
- What Blockbuster Didn't Bust Blockbuster's inconsistent ratings policy -- The video rental store cracks down on X and NC-17 rated films, but ignores racier unrated fare like Wild Orchid Archived 8 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine, Ty Burr, Entertainment Weekly, 29 March 1991.
- Ebbe Villadsen: Danish Erotic Film Classics (2005).
- Dom kallar oss mods (1968). www.svenskfilmdatabas.se (in Swedish)
- Björklund, Elisabet; Larsson, Mariah (2016). Swedish Cinema and the Sexual Revolution: Critical Essays. McFarland & Company. p. 130. ISBN 978-1476665443.
- Canby, Vincent (22 July 1969). "Movie Review – Blue Movie (1968) Screen: Andy Warhol's 'Blue Movie'". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 31 December 2015. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Canby, Vincent (10 August 1969). "Warhol's Red Hot and 'Blue' Movie. D1. Print. (behind paywall)". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 31 December 2015. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Comenas, Gary (2005). "Blue Movie (1968)". WarholStars.org. Archived from the original on 30 December 2015. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Comenas, Gary (1969). "21 July 1969: Andy Warhol's Blue Movie Opens". WarholStars.org. Archived from the original on 19 January 2016. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Haggerty, George E. (2015). A Companion to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Studies. John Wiley & Sons. p. 339. ISBN 9781119000853. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Thrower, Stephen; Grainger, Julian (2015). Murderous Passions: The Delirious Cinema of Jesús Franco. Strange Attractor Press. ISBN 978-1907222313.
- 99 Women. www.anotherworldent.com (in Danish)
- Lucas, Tim. Blood and Black Lace DVD, Image Entertainment, 2005. ASIN: B000BB1926
- Curti, Roberto (2017). The Life and Works of a Born Filmmaker. McFarland & Company. p. 244. ISBN 978-1476669700.
- Sex and the City: A Situationist Reading of Jens Jorgen Thorsen's Film Adaptation of Henry Miller's Quiet Days in Clichy (PDF – no.30.) journals.openedition.org
- Sheridan, Simon (2011). Keeping the British End Up: Four Decades of Saucy Cinema. Titan Books Ltd. ISBN 978-0857682796.
- Lentz III, Harris M. (2014). Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2013. McFarland & Company. p. 314. ISBN 978-0786476657.
- Bacchanale. Archived 12 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine The Worldwide Celluloid Massacre
- Lentz III, Harris M. (2016). Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2015. McFarland & Company. p. 274. ISBN 978-0786476671.
- Andrew Hershberger. Cry Uncle!. Archived 19 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine efilmcritic.com. 25 February 2001.
- Curti, Roberto (2013). Italian Crime Filmography, 1968–1980. McFarland & Company. p. 295. ISBN 978-0786469765.
- Lizard in a Woman's Skin. action-cut.com (in French)
- Luminous Procuress. Archived 12 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine The Worldwide Celluloid Massacre
- Luminous Procuress 2. www.chicagoreader.com
- Secret Rites. Archived 2 April 2017 at the Wayback Machine cinemawasteland.com
- A Clockwork Blue. dvdcompare.net
- Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio / A Clockwork Blue (Limited Edition Blu-ray / DVD Combo). 10kbullets.com
- 1997: Why PINK FLAMINGOS was banned. Archived 7 June 2015 at the Wayback Machine Censorship in Australia.
- Terza ipotesi su un caso di perfetta strategia criminale. Archived 2 February 2017 at the Wayback Machine ilmiovizioeunastanzachiusa.wordpress.com (Italian)
- Il crudele western di Corbucci e la pericolosa indagine di Lou Castel in DVD. www.taxidrivers.it
- Diabolik – il cinema fantastico italiano, ISSUE 2, Renato Polselli-interview and filmography with Jason J. Slater, p.25
- Curti, Roberto (2013). Italian Crime Filmography, 1968–1980. United States: McFarland & Company. p. 50. ISBN 9780786469765.
- Red Headed Corpse (hard version). zddvm.com
- Das Grauen kommt Nachts erstmals auf DVD. www.schnittberichte.com
- Delirio caldo (uncut). zddvm.com
- Christina, The Devil Nun. Archived 28 September 2017 at the Wayback Machine zddvm.com
- Christina, The Devil Nun aka: Loves of a Nympho. Archived 28 September 2017 at the Wayback Machine NUNSPLOITATION FILMS
- Rediscovering Brunello Rondi. offscreen.com
- Thriller: A Cruel Picture – Comparison: Vengeance Edition/Limited Edition. www.movie-censorship.com
- Diabolik – il cinema fantastico italiano, ISSUE 2, Renato Polselli – interview and filmography (with Jason J. Slater), p.25
- Stuart Willis. A Scream In The Streets. Sex Gore Mutants.
- Ebert, Roger (13 June 1973). "The Devil in Miss Jones – Film Review". RogerEbert.com. Archived from the original on 7 February 2015. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- Fleshpot on 42nd Street AKA The Girls of 42nd Street AKA Erotic Diary of a Happy Hooker (1973). www.dvdcompare.net
- Other Side of the Mirror (The) AKA Al otro lado del espejo AKA La Miroir obscène AKA Lo specchio del piacere (1973). www.dvdcompare.net
- JOURNAL INTIME D'UNE NYMPHOMANE. www.devildead.com (in French)
- A Virgin Among the Living Dead. Archived 2 December 2016 at the Wayback Machine moria.co.nz
- Sinful Dwarf (The) AKA Dværgen AKA Teenage Bride (Blu-ray). Archived 20 December 2016 at the Wayback Machine dvdcompare.net
- Comparison: R-Rated/Unrated. Archived 9 January 2017 at the Wayback Machine movie-censorship.com
- Anita. 10kbullets.com
- Björklund, Elisabet; Larsson, Mariah (2016). Swedish Cinema and the Sexual Revolution: Critical Essays. McFarland & Company. p. 222. ISBN 978-1476665443.
- DVD REVIEW: EMMANUELLE. Archived 23 July 2018 at the Wayback Machine chud.com
- L'ossessa (1974). archiviodelcinemaitaliano.it (in Italian)
- Paul, Louis (2015). Italian Horror Film Directors. McFarland & Company. pp. 280–281. ISBN 978-0786461134.
- Alberto Cavallone: Story of an Eye. Archived 30 January 2018 at the Wayback Machine esotikafilm.com
- Gallagher, Steve (Summer 1997), "The Libertine", Filmmaker Magazine, archived from the original on 22 September 2015, retrieved 24 May 2015
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris". Playboy. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris" (PDF). ToniBentley.com. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 February 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- Penitencier de femmes perverses. www.cinefiches.com
- Movie Rip-Offs: A User's Guide – Détournement and Dub Parodies: Les Filles de Kamare (The Girls of Kamare). Physical Impossibility.
- La bonzesse. archive.wikiwix.com (in French)
- Sweet Movie. web.archive.org
- Flossie. www.sueursfroides.fr (in France)
- Flossie – Bach Films. www.psychovision.net (in France)
- Endnotes no. 26. Archived 21 July 2016 at the Wayback Machine Senses of Cinema
- Immoral Tales (Contes immoraux). Archived 8 August 2016 at the Wayback Machine The Digital Fix
- Lorna The Exorcist AKA Les Possédées du Diable. www.dvdcompare.net
- LORNA, THE EXORCIST. www.tcm.com
- Countess Perverse AKA La Comtesse Perverse AKA The Perverse Countess AKA Sexy Nature AKA Les Croqueuses (Blu-ray). Archived 7 June 2017 at the Wayback Machine dvdcompare.net
- Carnal Revenge (1974). hwww.flickchart.com
- OBSESSIONS CHARNELLES – 1974. www.cinefiches.com
- Il pavone nero. www.kultvideo.com
- Il Pavone nero (hardcore version). Archived 18 February 2018 at the Wayback Machine zddvm.com
- Curti, Roberto (2017). Italian Gothic Horror Films, 1970–1979. McFarland & Company. pp. 128–129. ISBN 978-1476664699.
- Atanasov, Dr. Svet (11 June 2011). "The Image Blu-ray Review". blu-ray.com. Archived from the original on 2 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Numéro deux (No. 2). www.dvdtalk.com
- Jean-Luc Godard-Number Two. thelastexit.net
- The Teenage Prostitution Racket. www.dvdcompare.net
- “‘Tis a Pity She's a Whore...”. www.zekefilm.org
- The Teenage Prostitution Racket (1975) Blu-ray Review: Don't Try This at Home, Kids. cinemasentries.com
- "Black Emanuelle (1975)". Archived from the original on 2 April 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Black Emanuelle/Review – The Grindhouse Cinema Database". www.grindhousedatabase.com. Archived from the original on 6 October 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Emanuelle e Francoise le sorelline Review (1976)". www.thespinningimage.co.uk. Archived from the original on 6 October 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Emanuelle e Francoise: Le Sorelline (1976) – Aristide Massaccesi – Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related – AllMovie". AllMovie. Archived from the original on 19 August 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Max Pécas – Max attacks!. www.lesinrocks.com
- Cuginetta inglese, La (Soft + XXX) (Ed. Limitata E Numerata). www.bloodbuster.com
- Hot Nights of Linda (The) AKA Les nuits brûlantes de Linda AKA But Who Raped Linda? (Blu-ray). Archived 18 October 2015 at the Wayback Machine dvdcompare.net
- Hawkins, Joan (2000). Cutting Edge: Art-Horror and the Horrific Avant-Garde. University of Minnesota Press. p. 96. ISBN 0816634149.
- "Visa and Classification by the CNC, France". CNC (in French).
- Les Chatouilleuses. www.encyclocine.com
- Le sexy goditrici. www.kultvideo.com
- Exorcism AKA L'Éventreur de Notre-Dame AKA Demoniac AKA The Ripper of Notre Dame. Archived 4 April 2016 at the Wayback Machine dvdcompare.net
- JUSTINE & JULIETTE. Archived 1 January 2016 at the Wayback Machine dvddrive-in.com
- Curti, Roberto (2017). Italian Gothic Horror Films, 1970–1979. United States: McFarland & Company. p. 156. ISBN 978-1476664699.
- Smith, Gary A. (2017). Vampire Films of the 1970s: Dracula to Blacula and Every Fang Between. McFarland & Company. pp. 99–101. ISBN 978-0786497799.
- Rêves pornos. archive.wikiwix.com
- Wham Bam Thank You Spaceman. Archived 15 August 2017 at the Wayback Machine Horror Cult Films
- Ekeroth, Daniel (2011). Swedish Sensationsfilms: A Clandestine History of Sex, Thrillers, and Kicker Cinema. Bazillion Points. p. 319. ISBN 978-0979616365.
- Rolls-Royce Baby. Archived 31 May 2017 at the Wayback Machine Girls, Guns and Ghouls
- Rolls-Royce Baby 2. www.searchmytrash.com
- Slavoj Zizek (2004). Organs without bodies: Deleuze and consequences. Routledge. p. 173. ISBN 0-415-96921-2.
- PUSSY TALK (La sexe qui parle). devildead.com
- Le Sexe qui parle (1975) – DVD (Version soft). www.dvdfr.com
- Barbed Wire Dolls AKA Frauengefängnis AKA Caged Women AKA Women's Penitentiary IV. Archived 1 December 2016 at the Wayback Machine dvdcompare.net
- Wurm, Gerald. "Black Emanuelle (Comparison: BBFC 18 DVD - Italian DVD) - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com. Archived from the original on 4 July 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- LUXURE DVD. www.twistedanger.com
- Sweet Taste of Honey.www.trashpalace.com
- Mathijs, Ernest; Mendik, Xavier (2007). The Cult Film Reader. Open University Press. ISBN 978-0335219230.
- "Alice in Wonderland (1976): What really happened?". Rialto Report. 22 March 2015.
- Maass, Dave (28 February 2008). "Real Sex in Unreal Films: Penetrating movies that aren't pornos". Film.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2010. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Kehr, Dave (24 April 2009). "Nagisa Oshima's Realm of Restraint and Precision". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 12 February 2013. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Ford, Luke (1999). A History of X: 100 Years of Sex in Film. Prometheus Books. pp. 94–95. ISBN 1573926787. Archived from the original on 13 June 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- A REAL YOUNG GIRL. Archived 7 August 2016 at the Wayback Machine filmjournal.com
- Review: ‘A Real Young Lady’. Archived 8 October 2016 at the Wayback Machine Variety.com
- A Real Young Girl (1976, Fr.) (aka Une Vraie Jeune Fille). Archived 26 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine History of Sex in Cinema
- Doriana Grey AKA Die Marquise von Sade AKA Das Bildnis der Doriana Gray (Blu-ray) (1976). www.dvdcompare.net
- Girls in the Night Traffic AKA Mädchen im Nachtverkehr AKA Wilde Lust (Blu-ray) (1976). www.dvdcompare.net
- Calde labbra. www.cinematografo.it
- Burning lips (Calde labbra xxx). www.missingvideo.com
- Inhibition – Comparison: Softcore/Hardcore. Archived 4 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine movie-censorship.com
- In 80 Betten um die Welt, a.k.a. Mondo Erotico (German Blu-Ray Review). diaboliquemagazine.com
- ‘Mondo Erotico’ Blu-ray Review (Ascot Elite). www.nerdly.co.uk
- Tom Newth. The Imaginary Documentaries of Montreal Filmmakers Frank Vitale, Allan Moyle, and Stephen Lack. Archived 6 April 2016 at the Wayback Machine popOptiq. 20 February 2015
- Shining sex (La fille au sexe brillant). www.sueursfroides.fr
- Shining Sex. www.trashpalace.com
- Fate la nanna coscine di pollo. www.nocturno.it
- Cabaret des filles perverses (Le) / Blue Rita. www.ecranlarge.com
- Das Frauenhaus (a.k.a. Blue Rita – German Blu-Ray Review). diaboliquemagazine.com
- Das Frauenhaus. www.italo-cinema.de
- Wurm, Gerald. "Emanuelle in America (Comparison: Softcore Version - Hardcore Version) - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com. Archived from the original on 20 November 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Emanuelle Around the World: XXX European Cut (1977)". Archived from the original on 4 March 2013. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Wurm, Gerald. "Sister Emanuelle (Comparison: US DVD - Danish DVD) - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com. Archived from the original on 11 April 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Nazi Love Camp 27 (uncut composite). zddvm.com
- Nazi Love Camp 27 AKA La svastica nel ventre. www.dvdcompare.net
- The Mark. csfd.cz (in Czech)
- The Mark. latenightmoviecrypt.wordpress.com
- The Ceremony. Archived 17 May 2017 at the Wayback Machine Movie House Commentary
- Monsieur Sades. Archived 3 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine nanarland.com (in French)
- Le calde notti di Caligola. Archived 2 September 2017 at the Wayback Machine Maniaco Deprebis
- Behind Convent Walls. Archived 5 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine DVD Beaver
- Behind Convent Walls (1978, It.) (aka Interno di un Convento, or Interieur d'un Couvent). Archived 16 July 2016 at the Wayback Machine The History of Sex in Cinema
- Moreno, Victor. "Review: Behind Convent Walls (1978) DVD Release from Cult Epics (2010)". Cult Following. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- Comparison: US DVD/Extended Version. Archived 10 November 2016 at the Wayback Machine movie-censorship.com
- Sister of Ursula (The) AKA La Sorella di Ursula. Archived 10 July 2017 at the Wayback Machine dvdcompare.net
- Blood Hunger – The Films of José Larraz. www.mondo-digital.com
- Il porno shop della settima strada. allthatdigital.it (Italian)
- Walerian Borowczyk's Heroines of Desire. Archived 21 July 2016 at the Wayback Machine Senses of Cinema
- Caligula: A Film Review by David Carter Archived 9 December 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- Stuart Galbraith IV. Reviews: Images in a Convent. Archived 12 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine Media Blasters. 14 June 2005
- Davies, Clive (2015). Spinegrinder: The Movies Most Critics Won't Write About. Headpress. ISBN 978-1909394278.
- GIALLO IN VENICE (1979) Blu-ray. www.dvddrive-in.com
- Curti, Roberto (2017). Italian Gothic Horror Films, 1970–1979. McFarland & Company. pp. 208–210. ISBN 978-1476664699.
- Bare Behind Bars. 10kbullets.com
- The Beast in Space (1980) a.k.a. La Bestia nello spazio. mondo-esoterica.net
- Comparison: Unrated/Hardcore Version. Archived 11 November 2016 at the Wayback Machine movie-censorship.com
- Curti, Roberto (2019). Italian Gothic Horror Films, 1980–1989. McFarland & Company. pp. 15–17. ISBN 978-1476672434.
- Curti, Roberto (2019). Italian Gothic Horror Films, 1980–1989. McFarland & Company. p. 18. ISBN 978-1476672434.
- Shipka, Danny (2011). Perverse Titillation: The Exploitation Cinema of Italy, Spain and France, 1960-1980. McFarland & Company. p. 133. ISBN 978-0786448883.
- Grattarola, Franco; Napoli, Andrea (2014). Luce Rossa. La nascita e le prime fasi del cinema pornografico in Italia. Iacobelli Editore. pp. 405–406. ISBN 9788862522137.
- Sesso nero – Exotic Malice. www.mondo-digital.com
- Curti, Roberto (2015). Italian Gothic Horror Films, 1957–1969. McFarland & Company. p. 56. ISBN 978-0786494378.
- Sesso profondo (1980). www.archiviodelcinemaitaliano (in Italian)
- Sesso profondo (1980). www.svenskfilmdatabas.se (in Swedish)
- Allmer, Patricia; Brick, Emily; Huxley, David (2012). European Nightmares: Horror Cinema in Europe since 1945. Columbia University Press. pp. 161–162. ISBN 978-0-231-16206-7.
- Stine Aaron, Scott (2003). The Gorehound's Guide to Splatter Films of the 1980s. McFarland & Company. p. 167. ISBN 0-7864-1532-0.
- OSCENITA (1979). asiancult.com
- Hard Sensation (uncut). zddvm.com
- Comparison: Softcore Version/Hardcore Version. Archived 3 July 2016 at the Wayback Machine Movie – Censorship.com
- Orgasmo Nero. Archived 2 August 2016 at the Wayback Machine Film Critics United
- Mann, Dave (2014). Harry Alan Towers: The Transnational Career of a Cinematic Contrarian. McFarland & Company. p. 222. ISBN 978-0786479825.
- Porno Esotic. zddvm.com
- PORNO KILLERS. asiancult.com
- Tiff's Flesh + Blood: The Films of Paul Verhoeven Review: Spetters (1980). OLLIE ENGLAND Archived 14 March 2014 at the Wayback Machine. 12 February 2014
- Peter Bradshaw. Taxi zum Klo – review. Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine The Guardian. 21 April 2011
- The Fruits of Passion. Archived 18 July 2016 at the Wayback Machine The Digital Fix
- Shipka, Danny (2011). Perverse Titillation: The Exploitation Cinema of Italy, Spain and France, 1960–1980. McFarland & Company. p. 133. ISBN 978-0786448883.
- Stine Aaron, Scott (2003). The Gorehound's Guide to Splatter Films of the 1980s. McFarland & Company. p. 62. ISBN 978-0786415328.
- Grattarola, Franco; Napoli, Andrea (2014). Luce Rossa. La nascita e le prime fasi del cinema pornografico in Italia. Iacobelli Editore. pp. 278–280. ISBN 9788862522137.
- Ralph Elawani. Scandale. Archived 11 June 2015 at the Wayback Machine Canuxploitation.
- Apocalipsis Sexual – Comparison: Softcore Version/Hardcore Version. Archived 12 November 2016 at the Wayback Machine movie-censorship.com
- Aphrodite (1982). www.scoopy.com
- Aphrodite (1982) Robert Fuest. cinema.encyclopedie.films.bifi.fr
- Baby Sitter (Il nano erotico). Archived 21 November 2011 at the Wayback Machine Alberto Cavallone – Esotika Erotica Psychotica
- Curti, Roberto (2018). Mavericks of Italian Cinema: Eight Unorthodox Filmmakers, 1940s–2000s. United States: McFarland & Company. p. 57. ISBN 978-1476672427.
- Bacanales Romanas. asiancult.com
- Una virgen para Caligula. asiancult.com
- Luz del Fuego-The Movie. Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine (Portuguese)
- Sexual Scene from the Film. Archived 21 September 2017 at the Wayback Machine i.imgur.com
- PERDIDA EM SODOMA. Archived 9 August 2017 at the Wayback Machine Cinemateca Brasileira (Portuguese)
- A Fellatio scene from the film at 28:48. youtube.com (age restricted)
- Killing of the Flesh. Archived 5 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine filmtipps.at
- THE PERVERSE, DERANGED AND LOST MOVIES OF ALBERTO CAVALLONE (PART 2). filmthreat.com
- Curti, Roberto (2019). Italian Gothic Horror Films, 1980–1989. McFarland & Company. pp. 111–114. ISBN 978-1476672434.
- Taking Tiger Mountain. Archived 12 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine The Worldwide Celluloid Massacre
- Wurm, Gerald. "Emmanuelle 4 (Comparison: Original Version - Canadian VHS) - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com. Archived from the original on 17 May 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Lilian. 10kbullets.com
- Lilian (la virgen pervertida) (Jess Franco, 1984). kinodetour.wordpress.com
- The Alcove (1985). Archived 7 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine Severin Films
- James Joyce's Women (1985). Archived 3 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine Movie House Commentary.
- Canby, Vincent (29 May 1987). "Devil in the Flesh (1986)". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Hume, Christopher (13 August 1986). "Sex act offends censor festival film ordered cut". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 29 November 2009.
- Wurm, Gerald. "Emmanuelle 5 (Comparison: Original European Version - French VHS Version) - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com. Archived from the original on 14 April 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Wurm, Gerald. "Emmanuelle 6 (Comparison: US DVD - French VHS) - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com. Archived from the original on 9 August 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Hotel St. Pauli". 27 March 2013. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Kindergarten. Archived 19 August 2017 at the Wayback Machine Boyhood (with pictures)
- ‘Kinski Paganini: originalna verzija’ (1989). Archived 6 October 2016 at the Wayback Machine Žuti titl. (Croatian)
- James Berardinelli. Tokyo Decadence. ReelViews. 8/6/93.
- Greg Wroblewski. The Soft Kill. Archived 1 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine Movie House Commentary.
- A Single Girl. Trivia IMDB.
- "In the Cinéma Club of... Nick Pinkerton". Archived from the original on 6 June 2021.
- Erickson, Steve (29 November 2000). "Mysteries of Love". Minneapolis City Pages. Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
- "Group sex film passed by censor". Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- L'Ennui. Archived 1 August 2018 at the Wayback Machine www.tiff.net
- Naughty Netflix: Fiona. Archived 31 March 2014 at the Wayback Machine 17 November 2009
- Lodewijk Crijns. Spirituele extase door middel van piercing. Archived 24 March 2015 at the Wayback Machine De Filmkrant. February 1999 (Dutch)
- Adair, Gilbert (28 September 1999). "Welcome to planet porn". The Independent. London. Archived from the original on 7 May 2009. Retrieved 29 November 2009.
- Simpson, Clare (25 February 2015). "10 Mainstream Films With Unsimulated Sex Acts – Pola X". WhatCulture.com. Archived from the original on 7 July 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- Ebert, Roger (6 October 2000). "Film Review – Pola X". RogerEbert.com. Archived from the original on 7 July 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "Pola X". Cannes Film Festival. 1999. Archived from the original on 7 July 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- LA DONNA LUPO. www.mymovies.it (in Italian)
- Morante: sesso sul set? No Gerini: "Qui troppo moralismo". www.ilgiornale.it (in Italian)
- Che schifezza i corpi addosso. ricerca.repubblica.it (in Italian)
- Vampire Strangler. www.scoopy.com
- Vampire Strangler (1999). www.dantenet.com
- Vampire Strangler 2-DVD Collector's Edition. www.dvdtalk.com
- David Parkinson (1 January 2000). "Lies Review". Empire Magazine. London: Bauer Media Group. Archived from the original on 25 August 2021. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Giovanni Fazio (2 May 2001). "Artcore". Japan Times. Tokyo: The Japan Times LTD. Archived from the original on 7 January 2019. Retrieved 2 May 2001.
- DAVID FLINT (21 April 2020). "Art, Sex And Seven Days In The Snake Pit: Tokyo Elegy". Archived from the original on 18 January 2021.
- Tim Adams (26 November 2006). "Everybody's doing it..." The Guardian. London: Guardian News and Media Limited. Archived from the original on 16 January 2007. Retrieved 15 January 2007.
- "UNSPEAKABLE DESIRE: THE FILMS OF JOÃO PEDRO RODRIGUES". www.artforum.com. Retrieved 20 August 2022.
- Scrapbook (2000)-with pictures. www.filmsite.org.
- "Dangerous liaisons". 22 June 2001. Archived from the original on 6 October 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017 – via www.theguardian.com.
- Scott Weinberg. The Pornographer. Archived 13 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine 14 June 2005
- Sex and Lucia – Comparison: R-rated/Unrated version. Archived 4 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- Film of the Month: Dog Days. Archived 3 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Esquire Cuts Sex Scene from Center of the World. www.citybeat.com
- La novia de Lázaro. www.cinestrenos.com (in Spanish)
- Wolf of the West Coast. Archived 27 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine Women in Prison Films. 13 February 2013
- Testing the Waters. www.nysun.com
- Charles Taylor. "Secret Things". Archived 2 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine Salon.com. 20 February 2004.
- "A naked star is born" Archived 12 February 2013 at the Wayback Machine, George Gurley, Observer, New-York, NY, USA. (accessed 11.06.2016)
- Gilbey, Ryan (16 February 2008). "Chloë's world". The Guardian. London. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- PRIVATE. www.mondo-digital.com
- Andreas Bethmann. Archived 22 October 2014 at the Wayback Machine The Worldwide Celluloid Massacre
- David Stanners. The Principles Of Lust. Archived 3 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine EyeForFilm.co.uk. 11 March 2004
- Maddox, Garry (8 July 2004). "Censors refuse to ban film depicting real sex". The Sydney Morning Herald. Archived from the original on 25 September 2009. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Dave Kehr. Exploring the Temptation to Look (and to Look Away). Archived 28 May 2015 at the Wayback Machine New York Times. 22 September 2004
- Att ta varumärkesfetischen för långt. www.stockholmsfria.se (in Swedish)
- GARCON STUPIDE – STUPID BOY. Archived 27 July 2018 at the Wayback Machine bbfc.co.uk
- "Release Info". IMDb. Archived from the original on 18 August 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "History of Sex in Cinema: The Greatest and Most Influential Sexual Films and Scenes (Illustrated) 2005, Part 1". Archived from the original on 26 August 2015. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "El sexo entre cuerpos perfectos, farsa del cine comercial: Reygadas". La Jornada (in Spanish). 17 May 2005. Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- Wurm, Gerald. "8MM 2 (Comparison: R-Rated - Unrated) - Movie-Censorship.com". www.movie-censorship.com.
- Don R. Lewis. Kissing on the Mouth. Archived 19 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine 14 September 2006
- Nathan Lee. Watermelon-Eating Contest!. Archived 21 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine The Village Voice. 13 February 2007
- Sarah Cronin. Tsai Ming-Liang. Archived 21 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine Electric Sheep Magazine. 1 November 2007
- Keith Phipps. Princesas. Archived 23 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine The Onion A.V. Club. 23 August 2006
- Leslie Felperin. Review: ‘Lie with Me’. Archived 29 May 2016 at the Wayback Machine Variety. 12 October 2005.
- Hard-core sex film to be premiered as art at Tate Modern. Archived 27 July 2018 at the Wayback Machine telegraph.co.uk
- Brian D. Johnson (2 June 2006). "Sook-Yin Lee shocker in Cannes | Maclean's – Culture – Lifestyle". Maclean's. Archived from the original on 30 May 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- Taxidermia (2006)-insight. www.bbfc.co.uk
- A.O.Scott. A Cerebral Skin Flick. Archived 6 November 2014 at archive.today New York Times. 7 March 2007
- Joachim Kurz. Auftauchen. Archived 12 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine kino-zeit.de. 11 September 2008 (German)
- EX DRUMMER. bbfc.co.uk
- "Release Info". IMDb. Archived from the original on 19 August 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Peter Sciretta. Sundance: It is Fine! EVERYTHING IS FINE. Movie Review. Archived 13 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine /Film. 25 January 2007
- L’histoire de Richard O. – (France – 1h15) de Damien Odoul. www.journalventilo.fr (in Franch)
- IMPORT EXPORT. www.bbfc.co.uk
- Not daring to recall "Lust Caution." Ang Lee: the sex scenes are all real! (in Chinese) Archived 6 November 2021 at the Wayback Machine www.enanyang.my
- Jay Weissberg. Review: ‘Service’. Archived 22 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine Variety.com. 18 May 2008
- Tropical Manila SD-2008. International Film Festival Rotterdam.
- OTTO; OR, UP WITH DEAD PEOPLE (2008). Archived 27 July 2018 at the Wayback Machine bbfc.co.uk
- À l'Aventure. DVD Times. 8 July 2009.
- Gary Tooze. À l'Aventure. Archived 21 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine DVDBeaver.
- Jay S. Jacobs. Amateur Porn Star Killer 2. Archived 1 May 2015 at the Wayback Machine PopEntertainment.com. 6 June 2008
- Gutterballs – Comparation: Original Version/Pin-Etration Edition. www.movie-censorship.com
- Film Review: House of the Flesh Mannequins (2009). horrornews.net
- House of Flesh Mannequins (2009). www.dvdcompare.net
- Domiziano Cristopharo – "House of Flesh Mannequins" [DVD Review]. puregrainaudio.com
- "RT Interview: Lars von Trier on Antichrist". Rotten Tomatoes. 22 July 2009. Archived from the original on 3 March 2010. Retrieved 21 July 2010.
- Enter The Void. www.dvdtalk.com
- Tyler Foster. The Band. 16 February 2010
- Dogtooth-insight. Archived 21 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine The British Board of Film Classification.
- "Sex erzählt Geschichte". www.nw.de
- Kramer, Gary M. (19 May 2011). "Q&A; with Shari Solanis: 'The goal isn't pornography'". Philadelphia City Paper. Archived from the original on 2 October 2015.
- "Mr. Beaks And Rie Rasmussen Candidly Discuss Her Fascinating Debut Feature, HUMAN ZOO!". aintitcool.com. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "Mundane History (Jao Nok Krajok)". The Arts Shelf. 18 October 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2022.
- "Bedways" – Go, Libido, go!. www.spiegel.de (in German)
- Rio Sex Comedy. variety.com
- ‘The Bunny Game’ Doesn’t Play Nice. bloody-disgusting.com
- Caterina Benincasa. Late review – London Film Fest 2010 Day 5 – Leap Year / Ano Bisiesto. Archived 3 August 2015 at the Wayback Machine Bina007 Movies. 26 November 2010
- Mike S. Ryan. GANDU. Archived 14 October 2014 at the Wayback Machine Hammer to nail. 30 January 2011
- Monica Meijer. Lellebelle. Archived 25 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine Cinemagazine. 21 January 2011 (Dutch)
- "LelleBelle". Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2017 – via Amazon.
- Libiot, Eric (9 September 2011). "Q: Un film sur le désir et l'amour, mais raté". L'Express (in French). Archived from the original on 13 September 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- Raymond Ko. Love Actually... Sucks! – Scud's latest film censored. Archived 24 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine 25 July 2011.
- Vats, Rohit (12 October 2011). "Is 'Chatrak' the boldest film ever made in India?". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 23 September 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- Dasgupta, Priyanka (15 September 2011). "Paoli axed from movie promos". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 18 January 2014. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- Dasgupta, Priyanka (18 September 2011). "I'll cast Paoli in my next: Vimukti Jayasundara". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 5 December 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- Recensie: Caged (Stephan Brenninkmeijer, 2011). Archived 16 October 2014 at the Wayback Machine De Nachtvlinders. 3 September 2011 (Dutch)
- Léa. Archived 2 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine FilmBizarro.com.
- Goodman, Lizzy. "Ketamine Fueled Ferrari's". MTV News. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- McCarthy, Todd (13 May 2011). "The Slut: Cannes Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 11 May 2021. Retrieved 21 April 2022.
- Adams, Mark. "Clip". Screen Daily. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Maja Milos". ScreenDaily. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- Don Simpson. Starlet | Review. Archived 21 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine Smells Like Screen Spirit. 12 March 2012
- PARADIES GLAUBE – PARADISE FAITH. Archived 1 August 2018 at the Wayback Machine bbfc.co.uk
- La Ferrari scandalizza il Festival. www.ilsecoloxix.it (in Italian)
- I WANT YOUR LOVE. Archived 30 July 2018 at the Wayback Machine bbfc.co.uk
- CHRONIQUES SEXUELLES D'UNE FAMILLE D'AUJOURD'HUI. www.allocine.fr (in French)
-  IMDB.com parents guide
- Lanxon, Nate (22 May 2013). "Hardcore sex in 'Nymphomaniac' puts porn actor genitals on cast's bodies". Wired UK. Archived from the original on 25 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Xan Brooks; Henry Barnes (20 February 2014). "Nymphomaniac star Charlotte Gainsbourg: 'The sex wasn't hard. The masochistic scenes were embarrassing' – video interview" (Video upload). The Guardian. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Stig-Lennart Sørensen. Filmanmeldelse: «Pornopung». Archived 28 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine Videomagasinet. (Norwegian)
- Osenlund, R. Kurt (24 January 2014). "Interview: Alain Guiraudie". Slant Magazine. Archived from the original on 14 January 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- Jada Yuan. Wetlands Is Sundance's Crassest, Most Outrageous Movie. Archived 9 October 2015 at the Wayback Machine 23 January 2014
- Abel Ferrara's Pasolini. paracinema.net
- Crítica de la película “Diet of sex” (2014), de Borja Brun. www.nosolocine.net (in Spanish)
- Entrevista a Borja Brun, director de la película “Diet of sex”. www.nosolocine.net (in Spanish)
- ANGRY PAINTER. www.themoviebeat.com
- BiFan 2015 Review: ANGRY PAINTER Presents Artsy Revenge Erotica. screenanarchy.com
- Giovanni Marchini Camia. Love. Archived 22 May 2015 at the Wayback Machine Cannes 2015 Review. 21 May 2015
- "All this for a film you haven't seen": Reflections on Much Loved [(PDF) p.23. digitalcommons.bard.edu
- "Melon Rainbow". 14 July 2015.
- Boyer, Thomas (16 May 2016). "F*cking Deep: Explicit Sex and Queer Cinema". Inside Out. Archived from the original on 15 August 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Weissberg, Jay (19 February 2016). "Berlin Film Review: 'Paris 05:59'". Variety. Archived from the original on 9 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- THE NEAR-BRILLIANT ANTI-ART DEPRAVITY OF WE ARE THE FLESH. www.audienceseverywhere.net
- ’Needle Boy’: Skolemassakre og eksplicit sex i dansk talents særsyn af en film. soundvenue.com (in Danish)
- Little Wing Film Festival: Needle Boy. www.unrestrictedview.co.uk
- Pavel Ruminov: Love Machine (Mashina liubvi, 2016). www.kinokultura.com
- Mashina Lyubvi (2016). www.moviemeter.nl (in Dutch)
- Love Machine. www.bmoviesheroes.com (in Italian)
- The End of Youth: BAFICI 2016. sensesofcinema.com
- Tallinn Film Review: ‘A Thought of Ecstasy’. variety.com
- ‘Picture of Beauty’ Review. www.nerdly.co.uk
- https://horrornews.net/136242/film-review-portraits-andrea-palmer-2017/ Film Review: Portraits of Andrea Palmer Horror News
- Film Review: Larry Clark's ‘Marfa Girl 2’. variety.com
- Behind the 3-Hour Movie That Scandalized Cannes with Unsimulated Cunnilingus. www.vulture.com
- "Une dernière fois : Quand la pornographie devient existentielle devant la caméra d'Olympe de G." myCANAL (in French). Retrieved 20 October 2022.
- "Film Review: Davo Hardy's 'Public Eye'". UK Film Review
- Vídeos novedadescarminha.band