|Type of business||Social networking service|
|Headquarters||Wilmington, North Carolina|
|Users||8 million|
|Launched||October 22, 2010|
Untappd includes a functionality that allows users to rate the beer they are consuming, earn badges, share pictures of their beers, review tap lists from nearby venues, see what beers their friends are drinking, and suggests similar beverages. In 2016, an updated version of the application allowed users to find a beer by scanning its barcode and hail an Uber directly to the venue they'd checked into to reduce DUIs.
As a user checks in different beers, they receive different badges. These badges are divided into beer badges, venue badges and special badges. Beer badges are for instance based upon by how many different beers consumed (for example 100, 500, 1000), 5 different from one country, 5 of a type like amber or wit, or it can be 6 check in of one beer. Venue badges are for checking in at locations like different bars, different bars in one night, sport venue and so on. Special badges are available when a beer is checked in on special days like National Beer Day (United States), Christmas, New Year's Eve, or Untappd's anniversary.
On January 15, 2016, Untappd announced that it would become a subsidiary of Next Glass, a beer and wine rating and suggesting application. Both companies indicated their applications will remain independent, but will benefit from increased data integrations.
|Wikidata has the property:
- Bellamy, Cammie. "Brewing up business: Untappd could expand on Front St". Star News Online. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- Mather, Tim (October 22, 2010). "Untappd Connects Beer Drinkers Everywhere". Untappd - Drink Socially. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- Miami New Times - Untappd App: Social Networking for Hops Heads by David Minsky ; 4/27/2012
- Boston Globe -Find new beer; remember your favorites By Joe Allen-Black | The Boston Globe 6/29/2012
- ReadWriteEnterprise.com - Untappd: At the Intersection of Social, Mobile, Data and Beer Archived 2012-06-29 at the Wayback Machine. by Joe Brockmeier, 10/6/2011
- Beer-tracking app Untappd gets barcode scanning, hails an Uber by Billy Steele for www.engadget.com; 02.09.16
- 2016 in Review: The Year’s Best Apps The New York Times By KIT EATON; DEC. 14, 2016
- Warren, Christina. "A Foursquare For Beer Lovers". Mashable. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Untappd is 1,000,000 strong and growing!". Untappd - Drink Socially.
- Two guys created their dream jobs, forged by a love for tech and beer by Tom Rotunno; CNBC.com , Monday, 25 Apr 2016
- Untappd Merges with Beer and Wine Recommendation App, Next Glass Brewhound; by Chris Furnari Jan. 15, 2016 at 5:29 PM,
- We're Taking It To The Next Level Untappd blog, Jan 15 2016
- A spirited merger pairs Untappd and Next Glass by Mike Snider, USA TODAY January 15, 2016
- The 50 Best Apps of the Year Time, November 4, 2016