Annabelle Comes Home
|Annabelle Comes Home|
|Directed by||Gary Dauberman|
|Screenplay by||Gary Dauberman|
|Based on||The Annabelle doll|
|Music by||Joseph Bishara|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Annabelle Comes Home is an upcoming American supernatural horror film based on the legend of the Annabelle doll, and serves as a sequel to 2014's Annabelle and to 2017's Annabelle: Creation, and as the seventh installment in the Conjuring Universe franchise. The film is directed by Gary Dauberman in his directorial debut, with the screenplay written by Dauberman from a story co-written with James Wan. Wan also produced the film with Peter Safran. The film stars Mckenna Grace, Madison Iseman, and Katie Sarife, along with Patrick Wilson, and Vera Farmiga, who are reprising their roles as Ed and Lorraine Warren.
"Determined to keep Annabelle from wreacking more havoc, demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) bring the possessed doll to the locked artifacts room in their home, placing her "safety" behind sacred glass and enlisting a priest's holy blessing. But an unholy night of horror awaits as Annabelle awakens the evil spirits in the room, who all set their sights on a new target - the Warren's ten-year-old daughter Judy (Mckenna Grace), and her babysitters (Madison Iseman and Katie Sarife)."
- Mckenna Grace as Judy Warren
- Madison Iseman as Mary Ellen
- Katie Sarife as Daniela
- Patrick Wilson as Ed Warren
- Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren
- Stephen Blackehart as Thomas
- Steve Coulter as Father Gordon
- Paul Dean as Mr. Palmeri
- Luca Luhan as Anthony Rios
In April 2018, Warner Bros. announced July 3, 2019, as the release date for a then-untitled new film in the Conjuring Universe franchise. Later that month, it was announced that the film would be another installment in the Annabelle series, with Gary Dauberman signed on to write and direct the film in his directorial debut, based on a story treatment written by Dauberman and James Wan. Wan and Peter Safran will co-produce the project.
During the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con, James Wan and Peter Safran revealed the film's events would take place after Annabelle and would focus on the doll after she was kept in the glass box in the Warrens' museum. Gary Dauberman later confirmed this by stating that the film will take place shortly after the beginning of The Conjuring where the titular character is introduced, but also before many of the events of the franchise's first installment. Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga were also announced to reprise their roles as Ed and Lorraine Warren.
On September 5, 2018, Michael Burgess was hired as the film's cinematographer.
By late September, Mckenna Grace and Madison Iseman were cast in the film as Judy Warren, the Warrens' 10-year-old daughter, and one of Judy's teenage babysitters. By October, Katie Sarife had joined the cast. That same month, Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga were also announced to reprise their roles as Ed and Lorraine Warren.
Production had commenced by October 17, 2018, in Los Angeles. On December 7, 2018, Patrick Wilson announced that he had finished filming his scenes. Filming officially wrapped on December 14, 2018.
Annabelle Comes Home is scheduled to be released on June 28, 2019, by Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema. It was originally scheduled for release of July 3, 2019. On March 15, 2019, New Line Cinema released a teaser revealing the official title of the movie.
- Pedersen, Erik (February 21, 2019). "Warner Bros Dates 'Space Jam 2', Shifts 'Annabelle' Sequel & 'Godzilla Vs. Kong'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Marc, Christopher (August 2, 2018). "James Wan's Annabelle 3 Eyeing October Production Start In Los Angeles". GWW. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- Nam, Cathy (October 17, 2018). "Evil Comes Home as Production Begins on the Next Terrifying Chapter in New Line Cinema's Annabelle Series". Business Wire. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- Kit, Borys (April 27, 2018). "'Annabelle: Creation' Sequel in the Works With Gary Dauberman Directing (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- Collis, Clark (July 19, 2018). "James Wan says third Annabelle film is 'basically A Night at the Museum, with Annabelle!'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 23, 2018.
- Eisenberg, Eric (September 11, 2018). "Annabelle 3 Is Set During A Surprising Point On The Conjuring Timeline". CinemaBlend. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (September 5, 2018). "Annabelle 3 Hires The Curse Of La Llorona Cinematographer Michael Burgess". GWW. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- PTI (October 1, 2018). "Mckenna Grace to star in 'Annabelle 3'". The Hindu. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- Sprague, Mike (December 7, 2018). "Patrick Wilson on The Conjuring 3: It's Different Than Anything We've Seen". MovieWeb. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- Grace, McKenna (December 14, 2018). "❤️We did it🎬We wrapped Annabelle 3👻💔This is one I'll remember forever. Looked forward to seeing these people every morning and never wanted to go home at the end of the day. This cast, crew, and Judy Warren will always have a piece of my heart! Thankful to be part of the Conjuring universe!". Instagram. Retrieved December 24, 2018.
- Anderson, Derek (February 20, 2019). "The Weeping Woman Wanders Through the Woods in New Poster for The Curse of La Llorona". Daily Dead. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- Squires, John (March 15, 2019). "[Video] Short Teaser Reveals the Title Annabelle Comes Home!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Chitwood, Adam (March 15, 2019). "Annabelle 3 Title Revealed". Collider. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Anderson, Derek (March 15, 2019). "New Annabelle Film Officially Titled Annabelle Comes Home". Daily Dead. Retrieved March 15, 2019.