Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time
|Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time|
|Created by||Travis Richey|
|Directed by||Vincent Talenti
|Opening theme||"UWSAASTWCATTT Opening Score"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7 (one being animated)|
|Executive producer(s)||Travis Richey|
|Location(s)||Los Angeles, California|
|Running time||3-5 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Siv-Art Productions|
|Original release||September 10, 2012– present|
Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time (UWSAASTWCATTT), also known as Inspector Spacetime, is an ongoing adventure-sci-fi web series created by Travis Richey, and based on the television comedy series Community. The series is based on a fictional series first mentioned during the episode "Biology 101" of Community. Inspector Spacetime is, by itself, a Doctor Who parody. UWSAASTWCATTT follows The Inspector, a character that can travel through time and space by way of a red BOOTH (Bio Organic Omnidirectional Time Helix), a special space/timeship similar in some ways to the TARDIS. Reception for the series has been positive, with USA Today including it in their "Best of TV on the Web in 2012" list. A feature film based on the series, entitled The Inspector Chronicles, is currently in production.
The series was initially pitched to NBC (Community 's television network at the time), who appeared uninterested. Richey then began a Kickstarter campaign to fund the series, which was successful. After an animated teaser episode for the series was produced, NBC requested the production be cancelled. Richey continued with the series, but with references to the name 'Inspector Spacetime' removed and the appearance of the character altered. The series' name was then changed to Untitled Web Series About A Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time.
Season two began shooting in April 2013, with the announcement that Mayim Bialik would be joining the series as the voice of the time machine. In July 2013, it was also announced that Star Trek: Voyager alum Robert Picardo would also be joining the cast for season two. It has recently been announced that season 2, will instead be a feature film called the Inspector Chronicles: A Motion Picture about a Space Traveler who can also travel through time. Sylvester McCoy has joined the cast as Uncle Roderick. A crowdfunding campaign at indiegogo.com was released to fund development of the film, it made $36,993, passing its goal, which was $25,000.
- Travis Richey as The Inspector
- Carrie Keranen as Piper Tate
- Eric Loya as Boyish the Extraordinary
- Robert Picardo as Bernard
- Chase Masterson as Annabelle Wagner
- Sylvester McCoy as Uncle Roderick
- Mayim Bialik as B.O.O.T.H.
- Nicholas Brendon as Chief Engineer Britman
- Rosearik Rikki Simons as T.A.R.V.I.S.
- "'Inspector Spacetime' Travis Richey enters new frontier". Wausau Daily Herald. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Upcoming Web Series Borrows Much From Community’s Inspector Spacetime". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Attention 'Community' fans: 'Inspector Spacetime' is real". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- Blas, Lorena (January 6, 2013). "Best of TV on the Web in 2012". USA Today. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- "'Community's' Inspector Spacetime, Travis Richey, Producing 'Untitled Web Series About A Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time'". The Huffington Post. 16 September 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "NBC nixes Inspector Spacetime". TG Daily. 3 March 2012. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "Here’s Episode One of the Inspector-Spacetime-in-Everything-but-Name Inspector Spacetime Webseries". The Mary Sue. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "NBC tries to kill Inspector Spacetime, but he regenerates instead". io9. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Watch the first episode of the Inspector Spacetime webseries that can’t legally call itself Inspector Spacetime". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Mayim Bialik joins 'Untitled Web Series About A Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time'". Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- "‘Untitled Web Series about a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time’ Returns For Second Season". Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Official website
- (Old) Inspector TV Site
- Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time at the Internet Movie Database
- Sivart Productions Tumblr
- UWSAASTWCATTT Official Facebook Page