|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Jack Dunning|
|Occupation(s)||Music producer, musician|
Untold aka Jack Dunning, is an electronic producer from London. He released his first solo record on Hessle Audio in 2008 and has since released on R&S Records, Soul Jazz, Clone Records and more. He released his debut album 'Black Light Spiral' on his own label, Hemlock Recordings in February 2014 
Untold's first solo release was Kingdom on Hessle Audio in March 2008. The release also featured Purify and Test Signal and was described by Resident Advisor as "an excellent debut, and one that is sure to go down well with people who delight in the constantly evolving nature of the genre."
He followed that with Yukon / Walk Through Walls on his own Hemlock imprint which gained a 4/5 review from Resident Advisor . Untold then followed this with Discipline / Bones, also on Hemlock.
He also remixed Ramadanman's 'Revenue' in 2009 for 2nd Drop Records.
Further releases followed including Flexible on Brainmath Recordings as well as a return to Hotflush for Just For You which also featured a Roska remix.
Gonna Work Out Fine EP
Untold's most comprehensive release to date was 2009's Gonna Work Out Fine EP released on Hemlock Recordings. Comprising 6 tracks, the EP was released on triple vinyl. Pitchfork praised his ability to balance "fluency with austerity; he knows which details bring depth and which distract."
- Gonna Work Out Fine
- Stop What You're Doing
- Don't Know. Don't Care
- No One Likes A Smart-Arse
- Never Went Away
2010 – 2011
In 2010 Untold released two collaborations. The first, "Beacon", was a joint effort with Hyperdub's LV and was released on Hemlock Recordings featuring a remix from Mount Kimbie. The second was a collaboration with Roska and Untold's debut on the Glasgow-based label Numbers. Featuring the tracks Myth and Long Range, Resident Advisor praised the releases' ability to "take well-worn tropes and flip them on their heads".
Dunning also made 2 other label debuts in 2010, on Soul Jazz and R&S Records respectively. As part of the former's Future Bass compilation, Untold released the double A side Come Follow Me / Fly Girls as the second single from the compilation.
Untold followed this up later in the year by working with the Electronic label R&S Records. Previously home to such artists as Aphex Twin and Model 500, Untold delivered Stereo Freeze / Mass Dreams of the Future to the newly active label.
Change in a Dynamic Environment
Dunning's latest project marks a return to his own Hemlock Recordings for the first time since 2009. Change in a Dynamic Environment is a 3 part EP featuring 3 separate single releases. The first Motion The Dance / Luminous was released in April and the second Caslon / Breathe in June, with the third set to follow in July.
Black Light Spiral
Black Light Spiral, released in February 2014, is Untold's first album released on Hemlock records. The album received a 7.6 rating on the music website Pitchfork, a rating of 9/10 on music website Spin (Album of the month), 4/5 on FACT magazine, 4/5 from Resident Advisor and 8/10 from XLR8R. Pitchfork commended Dunning for 'pushing his sound in a fresh direction', whilst SPIN claimed 'There is no album this year with a better handle on how to create and maintain tension".
Untold has toured the world extensively as a DJ. In 2010 he combined numerous European shows with a tours of Australia and Russia, as well as a visit to Puerto Rico as part of the Bacardi Pioneers Project with Norman Jay. In 2012 Untold played on the main stage of Sonar Festival in Barcelona and undertook a US Tour. To coincide with the Black Light Spiral album Untold began to play live in 2014. He undertook live shows at album launch parties at La Machine in Paris, Bloc in London, Dekmantel in Amsterdam and Berghain in Berlin.
|2014||Black Light Spiral||Hemlock Recordings|
|2013||Targa / Glare||50 Weapons|
|2012||Change in a Dynamic Environment Part 2: Caslon / Breathe||Hemlock Recordings|
|2012||Change in a Dynamic Environment Part 1: Motion The Dance / Luminous||Hemlock Recordings|
|2011||Little Things Like That / Bachelors Delight||Clone Records|
|2010||Stereo Freeze / Mass Dreams of the Future||R&S Records|
|2010||Come Follow Me / Fly Girls||Soul Jazz Records|
|2010||Long Range / Myth (w/ Roska)||Numbers|
|2010||Beacon (w/ LV)||Hemlock Recordings|
|2009||Gonna Work Out Fine EP'||Hemlock Recordings|
|2009||Just For You||Hot Flush Recordings|
|2009||I Can't Stop This Feeling / Anaconda||Hessle Audio|
|2009||Sweat / Dante||Hot Flush Recordings|
|2009||Revenue (Untold Remix)||2nd Drop Records|
|2008||Discipline / Bones||Hemlock Recordings|
|2008||Yukon / Walk Through Walls||Hemlock Recordings|
|2008||Kingdom / Purify / Test Signal||Hessle Audio|
- Dels – Gob (2011)
- Zero dB – Bongos, Bleeps & Basslines (2011)
- The XX – Islands (2010)
- Boys Noize – Transmission (2010)
- Ke$ha – Tik Tok (2009)
- Jose James – Blackmagic (2009)
- Modeselektor – Revenue (2009)
- Moderat – Seamonkey (2009)
- "RA Reviews: Untold – Kingdom (Single)". Residentadvisor.net. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- . XLR8R.com. 15 February 2012 http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2014/02/listen-untolds-black-light-spira. Retrieved 12 July 2012. Missing or empty
- "RA Reviews: Untold – Yukon (Single)". Residentadvisor.net. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "RA Reviews: Untold – Sweat / Dante on Hotflush Recordings (Single)". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Untold: Dubstep’s Next Mutation". XLR8R. 17 August 2009. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Untold: Gonna Work Out Fine | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. 12 January 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Video: Roska and Untold Talk 'Myth' EP, Bass Music, Labels, and More". XLR8R. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "RA Reviews: Roska and Untold – Myth (Single)". Residentadvisor.net. 19 October 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- — Ari Stein (1 October 2010). "Soul Jazz put out new 12" for Untold". Electronic Beats. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Untold to Drop New 12" via Clone". XLR8R. 28 September 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Untold – 'Change in a Dynamic Environment'". Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- Text: Zara Wladawsky Photography: RosaMaria_Nika (26 June 2012). "Untold interview: 'I wanted to document my change.'". Dummymag.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "RA Reviews: Untold – Change In A Dynamic Environment EP 2 (Single)". Residentadvisor.net. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "RA: Hemlock Recordings – Record Label". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Untold". Pitchfork. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Untold's Deathly Drops, Optimo's Spacey Blues, and 10 More New Dance LP's in Control Voltage". SPIN. 14 February 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Black Light Spiral". FACT. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "RA Reviews: Untold – Black Light Spiral on Hemlock Recordings (Album)". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Black Light Spiral". XLR8R. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Untold's Guaguanco Beats". Dazed Digital. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Sónar 14.15.16 June :: Untold". Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "RA News: Untold returns to North America". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Untold Announces New Live A/V Show". XLR8R. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Untold details debut LP Black Light Spiral – stream bone-shaking album track 'Drop It on the One'". FACT. Retrieved 24 September 2014.