Puzzle Uo Poko
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Puzzle Uo Poko|
|Platform(s)||Arcade, Mobile phone|
|Arcade system||CAVE 68000|
Puzzle Uo Poko is a visual matching game in which one player or two co-operative players (represented by cats) try to clear the screen of coloured bubbles in order to progress to the next level. All the action takes place underwater across 30 stages and with each completed level the cats travel deeper in their submarine.
Development and release
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2021)
Puzzle Uo Poko was released in Japanese arcades by Jaleco in February 1998. Unlike several other releases by Cave, Uo Poko remained exclusive to arcades and did not see a contemporary port for a home console. The title has since been re-released on the AntStream service.
- Ishii, Zenji (15 April 1998). "紹介 - 魚ポコ". Gamest (in Japanese). No. 219. Shinseisha. p. 185.
- Ishii, Zenji (30 April 1998). "紹介 - 魚ポコ". Gamest (in Japanese). No. 221. Shinseisha. p. 198.
- Ishii, Zenji (15 May 1998). "攻略 - 魚ポコ (10 ～ 19 話)". Gamest (in Japanese). No. 222. Shinseisha. pp. 176–183.
- Ishii, Zenji (May–June 1998). "攻略 - 魚ポコ (20 ～ 30 話)". Gamest (in Japanese). No. 224. Shinseisha. pp. 206–207.
- "魚ポコ - 富沢敏明氏". Game Hihyō (in Japanese). Vol. 22. Micro Magazine. September 1998. p. 92. (Translation by Shmuplations. Archived 2020-12-10 at the Wayback Machine).
- "CAVE 15th Anniversary ~Shoot'em All!!~". Monthly Arcadia (in Japanese). No. 118. Enterbrain. March 2010. pp. 46–55. (Translation by Shmuplations. Archived 2019-09-14 at the Wayback Machine).
- "Dossier Shoot 'em up". IG Magazine (in French). No. 8. Ankama Presse. May–June 2010. (Translation by Gaming.moe. Archived 2019-02-13 at the Wayback Machine).
- Akagi, Masumi (13 October 2006). ケイブ Cave; ジャレコ（ジャパンレジャー） Jaleco. アーケードTVゲームリスト 国内•海外編 (1971-2005) (in Japanese) (1st ed.). Amusement News Agency. pp. 26, 33. ISBN 978-4990251215.
- "The Unconverted: Puzzle Uo Poko". Retro Gamer. No. 203. Future Publishing. 23 January 2020.
- Mason, Graeme (10 December 2019). "The Best Games From Cave - Now on Antstream Arcade". Antstream Arcade. Archived from the original on 12 February 2021. Retrieved 12 February 2021. Cite magazine requires
- "Game Machine's Best Hit Games 25 - TVゲーム機ーソフトウェア (Video Game Software)". Game Machine (in Japanese). No. 562. Amusement Press. 15 April 1998. p. 21.
- "Arcade Game Pickup - 魚ポコ". Game Hihyō (in Japanese). Vol. 21. Micro Magazine. July 1998. p. 56.
- Official website (in Japanese)