Up in Smoke Tour
|American tour by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Eminem|
|Associated albums||The Chronic 2001
The Marshall Mathers LP
No Limit Top Dogg
War & Peace, Vol. 2
The Last Meal
|Start date||June 15, 2000|
|End date||August 20, 2000|
|Number of shows||44|
The Up in Smoke Tour was a West Coast hip hop tour in 2000 which was headlined by Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, also featuring artists Ice Cube, Eminem, Proof, Nate Dogg, Kurupt, D12, MC Ren, Westside Connection, Mel-Man, Tha Eastsidaz, Doggy's Angels, Devin The Dude, Warren G, TQ, Truth Hurts, Xzibit, The D.O.C., Hittman, and Six-Two.
The tour was originally called The Boyz in the Hood under the pretext of Dr. Dre's to-be-released collaborative album The Chronic 2000 (later renamed). In September 1999, Snoop Dogg stated that he, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Xzibit, Warren G and Nate Dogg would form the line-up. By April 2000, Ice Cube was on board as part of the tour, which was slated for a June 15 start in San Diego. MC Ren, one time MC of N.W.A, was expected to join the tour in order to have reunited version of N.W.A along with Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, and Snoop Dogg. Come May the tour was officially known as the Up In Smoke Tour, and Dr. Dre was promising fans "It's gonna be incredible. We're gonna give everybody that's been buying our records a real show, something they've never seen before."
By June, the month which the tour began in, plans were finalized with Kurupt joining the tour. It was decided that he would start the opening set which would be followed by Warren G and Xzibit, then Ice Cube would take the third spot whilst Eminem would take the fourth set. Dr. Dre would be the final set with collaborations including Snoop Dogg and the N.W.A reunion taking place during this segment. Ghostwriter and N.W.A affiliate The D.O.C. appeared on stage with Dre and Snoop Dogg on July 20, 2000 at The Centrum in Worcester, Massachusetts, when they performed the intro to "Let Me Ride" and "Still D.R.E.". Also, surprise guests were promised during various shows.
In October 2009, Aftermath Entertainment artist Bishop Lamont said to expect another Up in Smoke Tour when Dr. Dre's studio album, Detox is released. Expected to tour are: G-Unit, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and other Aftermath artists. However, with the cancellation of Detox, another Up in Smoke Tour is unconfirmed.
The tour's itinerary included the following cities:
|The Up in Smoke Tour|
|Video by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem and Ice Cube|
|Released||December 5, 2000|
|Recorded||July 20, 2000 at The Centrum, Worcester, Massachusetts|
|Genre||West Coast hip hop, gangsta rap|
|Director||Philip G. Atwell|
|Producer||J. Kevin Swain|
- Ice Cube performance
- "Hello" (featuring MC Ren)
- "You Can Do It" (featuring Ms. Toi)
- "The Gutter Shit"
- "The Pledge (Insert) from Westside Connection"
- "Whoa! (Ice Cube Freestyle)"
- "Hoo-Bangin' (WSCG Style)"
- "Amerikka's Most Wanted"
- "The Nigga Ya Love to Hate"
- "Cube's Freestyle"
- "We Be Clubbin'"
- "Kill You"
- "Dead Wrong" (Originally The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Eminem, this featured only Eminem's verse and the original chorus)
- "Under the Influence" (featuring D12)
- "Marshall Mathers"
- "The Real Slim Shady"
- "Go Away – Snoop Dogg"
- "Light Speed"
- "Bitch Niggaz"
- "Wrong Idea"
- "The Next Episode" (Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg, Kurupt and Nate Dogg)
- "Who Am I (What's My Name)?" (Snoop Dogg)
- "Nuthin' but a "G" Thang" (Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg)
- "Bitch Please" (Snoop Dogg featuring Xzibit & Nate Dogg)
- "What's the Difference" (Dr. Dre featuring Xzibit and Eminem)
- "Forgot About Dre" (Dr. Dre featuring Eminem)
- "Boyz-N-The Hood – Eazy-E (Tribute)"
- "Still Not a Player – Big Pun (Tribute)"
- "One More Chance / Stay With Me (Remix) – The Notorious B.I.G. (Tribute)"
- "More Bounce to the Ounce – Roger Troutman (Tribute)"
- "Hail Mary – Makaveli (Tribute)"
- "California Love – 2Pac (Tribute)"
- "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted – 2Pac (Tribute)"
- "Let`s Get High"
- "Bust One an Ya – Devin The Dude"
- "Fuck You" (Dr. Dre f. Devin the Dude and Snoop Dogg)
- "Let Me Ride (Extended Version)" (Truth Hurts)
- "Still D.R.E." (Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg)
|Australia (ARIA)||7× Platinum||105,000^|
|France (SNEP)||2× Platinum||40,000*|
|United States (RIAA)||6× Platinum||600,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Dr. Dre Almost Finished With "The Chronic 2000", Wants Snoop For First Single. MTV (14 December 1998). Accessed 24 January 2008
- David Basham (15 September 1999). Snoop Dogg Looks Forward To Chronic 2000 Tour With Dre, Eminem, Xzibit. MTV. Accessed 24 January 2008
- Dre, Eminem, Snoop, Cube Line Up Tour. MTV (21 April 2000). Accessed 24 January 2008
- David Basham (4 May 2000). Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube, Eminem To Go "Up In Smoke". MTV. Accessed 24 January 2008
- Dre, Eminem, Cube, Snoop Talk Tour. MTV (8 May 2000). Accessed 24 January 2008
- Syd Caesar. The Up in Smoke Tour. Rap Genius. Accessed 15 February 2013
- Elon Johnson (14 June 2000). Dre & Em's "Up In Smoke" Tour Readies Launch. MTV. Accessed 24 January 2008
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2004 DVDs". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "French video certifications – Various – Up in Smoke Tour" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "American video certifications – Various – Up in Smoke Tour". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Video Longform, then click SEARCH