Upasana Singh in 2009
29 June 1970 (age 47)|
Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India
|Spouse(s)||Neeraj Bharadwaj (m. 2009)|
Upasana Singh is an Indian actress and stand-up comedian. Singh is known for her role as a deaf-mute in the 1997 film Judaai. She played the character of "Bua" (paternal aunt) in the TV show Comedy Nights with Kapil and Tarawanti in the mad comedy show Nadaniyaan on BIG MAGIC. She is popular for her onscreen style and Punjabi and funny English dialogue delivery. She has done numerous Bollywood films as well as regional cinema such as Punjabi, Bhojpuri, Rajasthani and Gujarati.
Singh debuted in the 1986 Hindi movie Babul as the leading lady under the banner of Rajshri Productions. Thereafter, she appeared in the 1988 film Bai Chali Sasariye, which was revolutionary for Rajasthani cinema. Since then, she has acted in many regional films and is a known face in the Punjabi, Gujarati and Hindi film industry. She has also done numerous supporting roles for films such as Darr, Jawani Zindabad, Loafer, Judaai, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Aitraaz, Old Is Gold, My Friend Ganesha, Golmaal Returns and Hungama.
Singh is known for her comic roles in films and television and has appeared in many popular series like Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, Pari Hoon Main, Maayka, Ye Meri Life Hai, Bani - Ishq Da Kalma and Sonpari. Singh became a household name with her stint as Tarawanti on Nadaniyaan and the desperate "Bua" (paternal aunt) in the hit TV show Comedy Nights with Kapil, particularly for her trademark dialogue "Bittu, Kaun hai ye aadmi?" (Bittu, who is this man?). Singh has also acted in Bollywood comedy movies such as Mujhse Shaadi Karogi and Golmaal Returns.  In 2015, she played the role of Manjeet in Chalk N Duster, alongside Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi and Girish Karnad. 
She has also been a part of the sequel of the popular Punjabi film Carry On Jatta, which was one of the highest grossing Punjabi films in India. The movie stars Gippy Grewal, Sonam Bajwa and Jaswinder BhallaShe also appeared in Jijaji Chaat Per Hain as Bebe,Pancham's mother. 
Singh is married to actor Neeraj Bharadwaj, who has acted in many serials on Doordarshan and a few Hindi and Bhojpuri films as a hero and negative character too. They met and decided to get married, when working together for the serial Aye Dil-e-Nadaan.
|1986||Babul||Nandini alias Nannu Singh|
|1988||Bai Chali Sasariye||Rajasthani|
|Paap Ki Saza|
|1992||Aaj Ki Taaqat||Lead Actress|
|1993||Darr||Dancer at Marriage ceremony|
|1991||Badla Jatti Da||Laali||Punjabi|
|1992||Main Hoon Geeta|
|Ganga Ka Vachan|
|Sanam Tere Hain Hum|
|Insaaf Ki Devi|
|1993||Aaj Ki Taqat|
|Dosti Ki Saugandh|
|Bedardi||'Mane sote diya jagay' (Item number)|
|Khoon Ka Sindhoor|
|1995||Ab To Jeene Do|
|1996||Police Ke Ghar Mein|
|1997||Ganga Mange Khoon|
|Judaai||Vaani (Harry's wife)|
|Deewana Mastana||Neha's Aunt|
|Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi|
|Badal||Guler Mehndi's Wife|
|Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai|
|Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kiya|
|Angaar -The Fire|
|Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani||Nikki|
|2003||Talaash...The Hunt Begins||Herself|
|Hum Hain Pyar Mein||Herself|
|Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon|
|2004||Mujhse Shaadi Karogi||Mrs. Surya Prakash|
|2005||Naari Ek Khilona?||Janki Madam|
|Model - The Beauty|
|Mahiya - Call of Love|
|Jalwa - Fun In Love||Mausi|
|Raja Bhai Lagey Raho|
|Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!||Mrs. Vishal Sharma|
|2006||Love In Japan||Barkha Rani|
|Chand Ke Paar Chalo||Lajjo|
|Humko Deewana Kar Gaye||Paramjeet Ghuggi|
|Iqraar - By Chance||Kalawati|
|Hota Hai Dil Pyaar Mein Paagal||Post-Production|
|2007||Old Is Gold||Neha|
|My Friend Ganesha||Gangu Tai|
|2008||Mr White Mr Black|
|God Tussi Great Ho||Maid|
|My Friend Ganesha 2||Gangu Tai|
|Chak De Phatte||Don shamsher|
|Wattanaan Ton Door|
|2009||Chal Chala Chal||Chaya|
|Ek: The Power of One|
|2010||Idiot Box||T.V. Mirchandani|
|2011||Who Is There Kaun Hain Wahan (film)||Producer Ejaz Ahmed|
|2012||Jatt & Juliet||Chhanno Kaur|
|2013||Daddy Cool Munde Fool||Mrs Pappy|
|2015||Control Bhaji Control||Nikki ji|
|2015||P Se PM Tak|
|2015||22g Tussi Ghaint Ho||Gulabo (House wife)|
|2016||Chalk n Duster||Manjeet|
|2018||Carry on Jatta 2||Channo||Releasing June 1st|
- Jai Hanuman as Mohini
- Om Namah Shivay as Mohini
- Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat as Bhanumati
- Pari Hoon Main as Mamiji
- Maayka as Lovely Bua
- Ye Meri Life Hai
- Tamanna House
- Lady Inspector
- Patake Tha (Punjabi)
- Dill Mill Gayye as Sid's mom
- Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein
- Sonpari as Kaali Pari/Cruela aunty
- Bani - Ishq Da Kalma as Buaji
- Yeh Zindagi Hai Gulshan
- Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani as Ganga
- Comedy Nights with Kapil as Pinky Bua (aunty)
- Nadaniyaan as Tarawanti
- Comedy Nights Live as Padosan/Pinky Bua
- Santoshi Maa as Madhu
- The Kapil Sharma Show as Twinkle.
- Nach Baliye as Host for Season 8
- EditWatch this page
Read in another language Jijaji Chhat Per Hain as panchami bebe (Pancham's Mother) -sab tv
- "Upasna Singh gets married". NDTV.
- "Confirmed: Upasana Singh makes a come back to The Kapil Sharma Show". The Times of India. 13 April 2017. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Nobody can replace Sunil as Gutthi: Upasana Singh". IBN Live. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Upasana Singh to play cunning mother-in-law". Indian Express. 3 Aug 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- "'Chalk N Duster' team throws Iftar party". Indian Express. 4 July 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- Vats, Rohit (30 Sep 2017). "Judwaa 2 movie review: Doesn't make much sense but Varun Dhawan is Salman Khan 2.0". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- "'Carry on Jatta 2': The trailer of the hysterical flick will be out tomorrow". Times of India. 2 May 2018. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- "Neeraj Bharadwaj Married to Upasana Singh".
- "'The Kapil Sharma Show:' Navjot Singh Sidhu not quitting comedy show".