|37th Solicitor General of Sri Lanka|
|Preceded by||P. L. D. Premaratne|
|Succeeded by||K. C. Kamalasabayson|
November 2, 1941 |
Bandarawela, Sri Lanka
|Alma mater||Nalanda College Colombo
University of Ceylon
Yapa received his education at Nalanda College Colombo and while at school, he led both Sinhala and English debating teams. He subsequently attended the University of Ceylon, Peradeniya in 1960, where he obtained Bachelor of Arts degree.
In 1965 Yapa joined the Ceylon Law College and was admitted as an advocate of Your Lordship's Court in February, 1969. He joined the Attorney General's Department as a Crown Counsel in 1970 and served in the Department's Criminal Division. Later he rose to the position of Senior State Counsel, Deputy Solicitor General, Additional Solicitor General and finally as the Solicitor General.
- Daily News - Lakehouse Newspapers "Bench and Bar pay tribute to seven legal luminaries". 28 November 2007. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 2 July 2009.
- Attorney General's Department Sri Lanka "Permanent Holders of the Office of Solicitor General Sri Lanka". Archived from the original on 5 September 2008. Retrieved 2 July 2009.
- Hulftsdorp Hill 17th January 1999 An honourable man was denigrated
- Kobbekaduwa Commision Crisis: Bar to defend Upawansa Yapa
- World: South Asia Sri Lanka torture goes unpunished
- Minister cites personal reasons for two members quitting commission probing HR abuses
- Tribute to seven distinguished members of Inner Bar
- How an honourable man was belittled
- මනම්පේරි ඝාතන කතාවේ සැඟවුනු රහස් - 04 "කොණ්ඩෙ පීර පීර හිටිය දරුව පොලිසියෙන් පැනල අරන් ගියා"
- මානව හිමිකම් උල්ලංඝනය වීම් පිළිබඳ සොයාබැලීමට විශේෂ ජනාධිපති කොමිසමක් [2006.11.07
P. L. D. Premaratne
|Solicitor General of Sri Lanka
K. C. Kamalasabayson