|Elevation||39 m (128 ft)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||GJ 3|
As of the 2011 India census, Upleta had a population of 58,775. 51% of the population was male and 49% female. Upleta has an average literacy rate of 71%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 76% and the female literacy rate is 65%. In Upleta, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Rajkot and Porbandar are the nearest airports. Jamnagar is also near by airport around 100 km.
Residents of Upleta have easy access to a nearby highway, National Highway 8B. It connects the cities of Upleta with Rajkot, Porbandar, Jamnagar, Gondal and Jetpur. The State Transport Corporation and private bus operators provide bus services between the cities.
The Upleta railway station lies on the Wansjaliya-Jetalsar railway line that connects with Rajkot, the nearest large city. Wansjaliya railway junction is west of Upleta and connects with Porbandar, Jamnagar, Okha and Dwarka. Dhoraji railway station and Jetalsar railway junction are east of Upleta and connect with Rajkot. The railway line was metre gauge like all other tracks in Saurashtra and converted to broad gauge in 2011.
- "Master Village Report, Gujarat, Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India". Nlrmp.nic.in. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "Villages & Towns in Upleta Taluka of Rajkot, Gujarat". census2011.co.in. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Upleta
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Upleta Municipal College". Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Learn More".
- "The Mothers International School". cbseaff.nic.in. National Informatics Center (Government of India). Retrieved 20 April 2017.