Upon a Burning Body
|Upon a Burning Body|
Upon a Burning Body at Mayhem Festival 2014
|Also known as||UABB|
|Origin||San Antonio, Texas, U.S.|
|Genres||Deathcore, metalcore, groove metal, southern metal|
Upon a Burning Body is an American deathcore band from San Antonio, Texas, formed in 2005. The band currently consists of vocalist Danny Leal, guitarist Ruben Alvarez and bassist Rey Martinez. Their second studio album, Red. White. Green., debuted at No. 105 on the Billboard 200 in 2012. Their third and latest album, The World Is My Enemy Now, was released on 12 August 2014. The band is currently signed to Sumerian Records.
- Danny Leal – vocals (2005–present)
- Ruben Alvarez – guitars (2012–present), bass (2005–2012)
- Rey Martinez – bass (2013–present)
- Tito Felix – drums, percussion (2014–present)
- Juan Hinojosa – drums (2005–2008, 2011)
- Chris "CJ" Johnson – guitars (2005–2012)
- Sal Dominguez – guitars (2005–2015)
- Ramon "Lord Cocos" Villarreal – drums (2008–2011, 2013–2014)
- Jonathon Gonzales – drums (2011–2013)
- Seth Webster – bass (2012–2013; now in To Speak of Wolves)
|Album details||Peak chart positions|
|US||US Heat||US Indep||US Hard Rock||US Rock||UK Rock|
|The World Is Ours
|Red. White. Green.
|The World Is My Enemy Now
- Heaney, Gregory. "Upon a Burning Body - Biography - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Slessor, Dan (April 12, 2012). "Upon A Burning Body - Red. White. Green.". Alternative Press. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
Weighing into the deathcore fray ... Upon A Burning Body are a cut above the soundalike bands glutting up the genre.
- "Upon A Burning Body" (official Facebook page). Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Heaney, Gregory. "Upon a Burning Body - Awards - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Upon a Burning Body Premiere New Song, “Scars”. Revolver Magazine, 3 July 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Jay Nanda. "Upon A Burning Body blazes trail of wide pits in name of Texas at Knotfest". AXS. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "Never Say Never: Local fest celebrates seven years with weekend date change". The Monitor. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "2014-08-23 Top 40 Rock & Metal Albums Archive - Official Charts". officialcharts.com. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
|This article on a United States metal band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|