Upon This Dawning
|Upon This Dawning|
|Associated acts||Motionless in White, Tasters|
|Past members||Matteo Bertizzolo
Luca "Accio" Orio
Gianluca "Giani" Molinari
Andrea "Mose" Moserle
The group was founded in Brescia, Italy in 2007. They released their debut EP, Count the Seconds Before Your Last Breath, through Slake-less Heart Records. They also released their debut album, On Your Glory We Build Our Empire, in August 2009.
Due to their rapid success and a steadily growing fan base, prompted in part because of concerts with bands like Asking Alexandria, Underoath, Motionless in White, Blessthefall, Pierce the Veil, More Than A Thousand, Adam Kills Eve, Dance Gavin Dance, and In Fear and Faith, the American management company The Artery Foundation (including Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, Woe, Is Me, Impending Doom, Breathe Carolina) became aware of the band and signed a management contract with them. 
The group toured several times in Italy between March 7, 2009 to 30 May 2009 and between 29 January 2011 to 28 May 2011. The band has also played concerts with: The Electric Diorama, Romantic Emily, Hope, The Burden, One Morning Left, From Dying Skies, Ms. White, Shadows Chasing Ghosts and While She Sleeps. With Adam Kills Eve, the group played their first concert outside Italy in the Swiss town of Bellinzona. In 2010, Matteo Bertizzolo and Nicola Giachellich left Upon This Dawning, and were replaced by Giani Molinari and Carlo Todeschini.
Meanwhile, toured the group in Munich, Germany with His Statue Falls.
Their second album, To Keep Us Safe, was released on October 23, 2012 through Fearless Records. The album included Chris Motionless, and a cover of the song "Call Me Maybe", originally recorded by Carly Rae Jepsen. The group toured more often after signing with Fearless Records. The band was the opening act for For the Fallen Dreams, Alesana, The Color Morale, and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!. In June 2013, Unclean vocalist, Giani Molinari left Upon This Dawning, along with Luca Orio, Carlo Todeschini, and Andrea Moserle. Giani was replaced by Dani Nelli, and Luca was replaced by Gabriele Magrini, who was then replaced by Chris Deets in 2014. Deets quit the band abruptly in April 2015 causing the band to miss the first three dates in The IX Lives Tour with Ice Nine Kills.
Between 22 November 2013 and 11 December 2013, the group toured together with Shoot the Girl First as the opening act for The Browning throughout Europe. They toured throughout the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Austria and Hungary. On February 11, 2014, Upon This Dawning stated that they had left Fearless Records and instead, signed to Artery Recordings. The band announced their third studio album, We Are All Sinners, which was released on April 29, 2014. We Are All Sinners had more influences of doom metal, death metal, and black metal, featuring tremolo picking, harmonic key writing, and themes of sin and hell.
- Count the Seconds Before Your Last Breath (2007, Slake-less Heart Records)
- On Your Glory We Build Our Empire (2009, Slake-less Heart Records)
- To Keep Us Safe (2012, Fearless Records)
- We Are All Sinners (2014, Artery Records)
- "Of Human Action" (2011)
- "A New Beginning" (2012)
- "Nothing Lasts Forever" (2012)
- "Obey" (2014)
- "Anima" (2014)
- "Embrace the Evil" (2014)
- Of Human Action (director: Enrico Tomei. In the Studios of Velocity Records, Rise Records vom MsWhite-Musiker Andrea Fusini gemastert)
- A New Beginning
- Embrace the Evil (director: Jeremy Tremp, producer: Shan Dan)
- Sammi Chichester (2014-03-11). "Exclusive: Upon this Dawning Premiere New Song, "Anima" - Hard Rock & Heavy Metal News | Music Videos |Golden Gods Awards". revolvermag.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "About Upon This Dawning". mtv.com. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Upon This Dawning announce new vocalist". Alternative Press Magazine, Inc. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Upon This Dawning signs to Artery Recordings!". Artery Recordings. Retrieved 15 May 2016.