The village forms part of the Dean and Shelton civil parish, and is close to the settlements of Melchbourne and Swineshead. Upper Dean is the location of All Saints Church, which has been a Grade I listed building since 1964. It dates mainly from the 15th century and "escaped" Victorian restoration.
Eileen Wade Primary School, which opened in 1877 and moved to new premises in 1973,, has 70 pupils. It is federated with nearby Milton Ernest Primary School. It received a positive assessment after a short Ofsted inspection on 17 June 2016.
- Listed building description. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- School history Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- School site 
- School site. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Offsted inspection. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Wright, Stephen, "Dillingham, Francis (d. 1625)", Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004.
|This Bedfordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|