Upper Grand District School Board
|Upper Grand District School Board|
|500 Victoria Road North
Guelph, Ontario, N1E 6K2
|Superintendent||Education (Doug Morrell, Bonnie Talbot, Brent McDonald, Gary Slater, Denise Heaslip), Finance (Janice Wright), Human resources (Jennifer Rose), Student Success (Carlo Zen), Program (Tracey Lindsayl)|
|Chair of the board||Mark Bailey|
|Director of education||Martha Rogers|
|Schools||65 elementary schools
12 secondary schools
|Budget||CA$349.6 million (2015-2016)|
|Elected trustees||Mark Bailey, Marty Fairbairn, Linda Busuttil, Kathryn Cooper, Barbara Lustgarten-Evoy, Martha MacNeil, Susan Moziar, Bruce Schieck, Lynn Topping, Barb White|
|Student trustees||Dylan Challinor, Leia Johnson|
The Upper Grand District School Board (known as English-language Public District School Board No. 18 prior to 1999) is a school board in Ontario, Canada. It spans an area of 4211 km² and serves approximately 34,000 students through 65 elementary schools and 12 secondary schools in the regions of Dufferin County, Wellington County and the City of Guelph, in the region to the west and north of Toronto.
Student success is the goal of over 3,000 dedicated teaching and support staff who are aided by the contributions of caring volunteers and community partners.
Kindergarten and Full Day Early Learning Kindergarten
Kindergarten is a two year program that includes Junior (year 1) and Senior (year 2) Kindergarten.
In September 2010, the Board began offering the full day kindergarten program in some schools as part of a province wide implementation plan. As of the 2014-2015 school year all elementary schools offer Full Day Kindergarten (FDK). At these schools JK and SK children attend all day every day.
French as a Second Language (FSL)
The board offers two FSL programs – Core French and French Immersion (or Extended French).
Core French is mandatory from Grades 4 to 8 for all students in English-language elementary schools. At the secondary level, students can take French as a subject from Grades 9 - 12. It is mandatory that students take one French credit for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
French Immersion offers students the opportunity to acquire a high level of proficiency in French while maintaining and developing English language skills. French Immersion is available in 16 elementary schools and four high schools.
|Name||Location||Enrollment||2013-2014 rank||5-year ranking of 693|
|Centennial Collegiate Vocational Institute||Guelph||1442||29||32|
|Centre Dufferin District High School||Shelburne||840||534||373|
|Centre Peel Secondary School||Drayton||60||n/a||n/a|
|Centre Wellington District High School||Fergus||1221||392||338|
|College Heights Secondary School||Guelph||548||728||687|
|Erin District High School||Erin||620||86||301|
|Guelph Collegiate Vocational Institute||Guelph||1356||136||40|
|John F. Ross Collegiate Vocational Institute||Guelph||1953||72||96|
|Norwell District Secondary School||Palmerston||605||371||238|
|Orangeville District Secondary School||Orangeville||1343||325||238|
|Wellington Heights Secondary School||Mount Forest||588||575||435|
|Westside Secondary School||Orangeville||925||471||401|
|Wellington County||Guelph||Dufferin County|
- Wellington Catholic District School Board
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
- List of school districts in Ontario
- List of high schools in Ontario
- "Senior Administration". Upper Grand District School Board. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Board Profile". Upper Grand District School Board. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Ontario Regulation 107/08". e-Laws. Government of Ontario. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "School Board Profiles". Ontario Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2006-08-11.
- "Board Profile | Upper Grand District School Board". www.ugdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Upper Grand District School Board". www.ugdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Financial Information | Upper Grand District School Board". www.ugdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Kindergarten and Early Learning | Program Services | Upper Grand District School Board". www.ugdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "French as a Second Language (FSL) at Upper Grand District School Board". www.ugdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "French Immersion Schools - Upper Grand District School Board". www.ugdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Upper Grand District School Board Home Page". www.ugdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Compare academic rankings and ratings of Ontario schools". ontario.compareschoolrankings.org. Retrieved 2015-12-08.