Upper Sherman Avenue (Hamilton, Ontario)
Upper Sherman Avenue is an Upper City (mountain) arterial road in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It starts off north of Concession Street at Mountain Park Avenue and extends southward where it ends at Rymal Road. It is a two-way street throughout. As with most of the "Upper" streets, their addresses start at roughly the point where their lower counterpart finishes just below the Escarpment and were originally labelled without the "Upper" prefix.
Named Upper Sherman Avenue because it is in alignment with Sherman Avenue in the Lower City Hamilton. Sherman Avenue originally was called Shearman Avenue which was named after the first land assessor of the district, nothing more is known of Shearman who remains a man of mystery in Hamilton's history books. Later the name was changed from Shearman to Sherman Avenue in honour of brothers Clifton Sherman, (1872-1955) and Frank Sherman, (1887-1967), who both founded Dominion Foundries and Steel (later called Dofasco) in 1912, creating a giant that would bring prosperity and identity to the city.
Note: Listing of Landmarks from North to South.
- Niagara Escarpment
- Henderson General Hospital
- Sherman Cut, mountain-access road
- Eastmount Park
- Macassa Lodge
- Macassa Park
- County Fair Plaza
- Ray Lewis Elementary School (off of Jasmine Street)
- Lawfield Park
- Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway, “The LINC”
- St. Jean de Brebeuf Secondary School (off of Acadia Drive)
- Billy Sherring Park
Note: Listing of neighbourhoods from North to South. 
- Eastmount/ Raleigh, Upper Sherman cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Burkhome/ Macassa, Upper Sherman cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Thorner/ Lawfield, Upper Sherman cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Rushdale/ Randall, Upper Sherman cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Butler/ Eleanor, Upper Sherman cuts through these two neighbourhoods
Roads that are parallel with Upper Sherman Avenue
Note: Listing of Roads from West to East.
- Wilson Street (Ancaster)
- Highway 403
- Upper Paradise Road
- Garth Street
- West 5th Street
- Upper James Street
- Upper Wellington Street
- Upper Wentworth Street
- Upper Sherman Avenue
- Upper Gage Avenue
- Upper Ottawa Street
- Nebo Road
- Upper Kenilworth Avenue
- Mountain Brow Boulevard
- Upper Centennial Parkway
Roads that cross Upper Sherman Avenue
Note #1: Listing of streets from North to South.
- Concession Street
- Queensdale Avenue East
- Fennell Avenue East
- Mohawk Road East
- Limeridge Road East
- Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway
- Stone Church Road East
- ; Rymal Road East
- "Hamilton Spectator: "The Greatest Hamiltonian". (II)". Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- "The Hamilton Gallery of Distinction". Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- Houghton, Margaret (2002). Hamilton Street Names: An Illustrated Guide. James Lorimer & Co. Ltd. ISBN 1-55028-773-7.
- "Hamilton Neighbourhood Boundaries, (map.hamilton.ca)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- MapArt Golden Horseshoe Atlas - Page 647, 657 - Grids J15, K15, L15, M15, N15, P15