Upper Wentworth Street (Hamilton, Ontario)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Upper Wentworth Street is an Upper City (mountain) arterial road in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It starts off at Concession Street in the north and extends southward past Rymal Road. It is a two-way street throughout. As with most of the "Upper" streets, their addresses start at roughly the point where their lower counterpart finishes just below the Escarpment and were originally labelled without the "Upper" prefix.
Named Upper Wentworth Street because it is in alignment with Wentworth Street in the Lower City Hamilton. Wentworth Street is named after Sir John Wentworth, lieutenant-governor of Nova Scotia, from 1792 to 1808.
Note: Listing of Landmarks from North to South.
- Royal Bank building, (on Concession Street)
- George L. Armstrong Public School
- Fenworth Place
- Mohawk Garden
- Lime Ridge Mall, (Hamilton's largest Mall complex)
- Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway, "The LINC"
- Rymal Square (shopping/ commercial)
- Hamilton Regional Police (South mountain station)
Note: Listing of neighbourhoods from North to South. 
- Inch Park/ Eastmount, Upper Wentworth cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Hillpark/ Burkhome, Upper Wentworth cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Bruleville/ Thorner, Upper Wentworth cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Crerar/ Rushdale, Upper Wentworth cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Barnstown/ Butler, Upper Wentworth cuts through these two neighbourhoods
Roads that are parallel with Upper Wentworth Street
Note: Listing of Roads from West to East.
- Wilson Street (Ancaster)
- Highway 403
- Upper Paradise Road
- Garth Street
- West 5th Street
- Upper James Street
- Upper Wellington Street
- Upper Wentworth Street
- Upper Sherman Avenue
- Upper Gage Avenue
- Upper Ottawa Street
- Nebo Road
- Upper Kenilworth Avenue
- Mountain Brow Boulevard
- Upper Centennial Parkway
Roads that cross Upper Wentworth Street
Note #1: Listing of streets from North to South.
Note #2: Prior to the completion of the Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway in 1997, Upper James, Upper Wentworth & Upper Gage crossed Limeridge Road and today they no longer do. Sections of Limeridge Road were cut off and removed at the above 3 locations to make way for the Expressway's exit ramps. The Expressway is South of Limeridge Road and runs parallel with it.
- Concession Street
- Queensdale Avenue East
- Fennell Avenue East
- Mohawk Road East
- Limeridge Road East
- Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway
- Stone Church Road East
- ; Rymal Road East
- Burkholder, Mabel (1956). Barton on the Mountain. Hamilton Public Library.
- "Hamilton Neighbourhood Boundaries, (map.hamilton.ca)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- MapArt Golden Horseshoe Atlas - Page 647, 657 - Grids J14, K14, L14, M14, N14, P14