|Directed by||Radha Mohan|
|Produced by||Ramjee Narasiman|
|Written by||Pon. Parthiban (Dialogue)|
|Screenplay by||Radha Mohan|
|Story by||Radha Mohan|
|Music by||Steeve Vatz|
|Edited by||T. S. Jay|
First Copy Pictures
Night Show Cinema
|Distributed by||Auraa Cinemas|
|27 November 2015|
Uppu Karuvaadu (English: Salted Dry Fish) is a 2015 Tamil comedy-drama film directed by Radha Mohan, starring Karunakaran and Nandita in the leading roles. The film was released on 27 November 2015 and received positive reviews from critics but was declared as a boxoffice failure
- Karunakaran as Chandran
- Nandita as Mahalakshmi
- Rachitha Mahalakshmi as Uma
- Sathish Krishnan as Jagan
- Narayan Lucky as Karthik
- Chaams as Ilango
- Elango Kumaravel as Manja / Karnan
- M. S. Bhaskar as Ayya Jayaraman
- Mayilswamy as Pandiyan
- G. Marimuthu as Chinnavar
- Doubt Senthil as Stephen Raj
- Dindigul Saravanan as Saamiyar
- Rekha Suresh
Radha Mohan began the venture in December 2014, with Nandita Swetha chosen to star in the lead role alongside a bevy of supporting actors. The film was completed in early June 2015, and its first look was revealed by actress Jyothika at a promotional event. Production house Auraa cinemas bought the film's distribution rights and revealed that the film would be released during the second half of 2015.
Soundtrack was composed by debutant Steeve Vatz and lyrics were written by Madhan Karky, Jerry Spilz, Radhamohan and Steeve Vatz. Behindwoods rated the album 2.25 out of 5 and stated "An album which stays true to the film's theme. However, it is too short to make an effective impression on the listener".
- Uppu Karuvadu — MM Manasi, Velmurugan
- Pudhu Oru Kadavu - Gautham Vasudev Menon, Steeve Vatz
- UK UK - Steeve Vatz
Uppu Karuvaadu received positive reviews upon release. Behindwoods gave 2.5 out of 5 and concluded,"A decent flick that could crack you up!" Indian Express mentioned "The film should have been shorter with a crispier narrative but with more positives than negatives, Uppu Karuvadu is certainly a fun film!". Sify wrote "Radha Mohan’s Uppu Karuvadu proves one thing-no matter who's the director, who stars in it or who the music director is, a film needs a good script and arresting presentation to keep audiences hooked. The film does not boast of a big story or twist but the film is good fun while it lasts. The director’s quirky characterization and Pon Parthiepan’s tongue-in-cheek dialogues provide a wholesome entertainer, a complete laugh riot!".
- This is Karunakaran's debut film as the protagonist.
- The name (Chandran) and occupation (Film director) of the protagonist in this film is the same in Azhagiya Theeye, Radha Mohan's debut venture.
- This is the first Radha Mohan film that does not feature veteran actor and frequent collaborator Prakash Raj, who not only has acted in Mohan's films, but has also produced all of them, barring Ponniyin Selvan
- Popular TV Anchors Dindigul Saravanan and Doubt Senthil of Daddy! Enakku Oru Doubtu fame, appear in prominent roles in this film.
- Mohan roped in Steeve Vatz to compose music, making his debut as a music composer. In his previous ventures, Mohan signed on established composers like Vidyasagar, Ramesh Vinayagam and Thaman to compose music.
- Narayan Lucky and Chaams, who were featured in Mohan's Payanam, were roped in to play important roles.
- "Uppu Karuvaadu Movie Database". http://www.tamilcinemainfo.com. Retrieved 26 November 2015. External link in