Upsala Nya Tidning
|Owner(s)||Norrköping Tidningar AB|
History and profile
Upsala Nya Tidning was established in 1890. The distribution and news coverage are mainly regional, while the editorial page is devoted to national and international as well as regional affairs. The stated political position of the editorial page is "independent liberal". The paper was published in broadsheet format until 1 February 2005 when it began to be published in tabloid format.
In August 2008 the newspaper first published a story about a 78-year-old woman who put herself down the baggage chute at the airport after misreading check-in signs. The story was reported by international newspapers and radio stations, including those in the United Kingdom.
- Christoffer Rydland (2013). "Aspects of Cooperation and Corporate Governance in the Swedish Regional Newspaper Industry" (PhD Thesis). Stockholm School of Economics. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Sweden: historical and statistical handbook". Runeberg. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "11 Swedish dailies become tabloids". Media Culpa. 11 September 2004. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Newspapers Next Generation" (PDF). Boström Design and Development. 2009. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- David Ward (2004). "A Mapping Study of Media Concentration and Ownership in Ten European Countries" (PDF). Dutch Media Authority. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- Mart Ots (2011). "Competition and collaboration between Swedish newspapers – an overview and case study of a restructuring market" (Conference paper). University of Akkureyri. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "Upsala Nya Tidning". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- Frank Eriksson Barman (2014). "In search of a profitability framework for the local daily newspaper industry. A case study at Göteborgs-Posten" (Report). Gothenburg: Chalmers University of Technology. Retrieved 6 March 2015.