Upton Cross and Upton are hamlets a quarter of a mile apart in east Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. Upton is situated at grid reference north of Upton Cross 5 miles (8 kilometres) northwest of Callington. They are on the northeast side of Caradon Hill on the B3254 Liskeard to Launceston road. St Paul's Church at Upton Cross is a mission church built in this corner of the parish of Linkinhorne in 1887 to serve the needs of the local mining community.
At Netherton Farm Yarg cheese was produced from 1984 to 2006 by Lynher Dairies. Cornish Blue, a cheese made by the Cornish Cheese Company at Upton Cross, was the winning cheese in the World Food Awards in December 2010.
The Hurlers are a group of three stone circles some distance to the west.
Kate Upton (actress, model, born 1992). Her family originates from Upton, Cornwall. Her earliest ancestor to date is Walter Upton (born 1272).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Upton, Cornwall.|
- Ordnance Survey. One-inch map of Great Britain; 186: Bodmin and Launceston. 1961
- "The Darley Oak". The Woodland Trust. 11 June 2009. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Fifty Great Trees for Fifty Great Years". The Tree Council. May 2002. Archived from the original on 2007-05-01.
- "Our story". Lynher Dairies. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- "Blue cheese made world champion". BBC News. 28 December 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
|This Cornwall location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|