Uranium or Ouranion (Ancient Greek: Οὐράνιον) was a town of ancient Caria, on the Bodrum Peninsula. Uranium was a polis (city-state) and a member of the Delian League. Uranium appears in the Athenian tribute lists and paid an annual tribute of 17 drachmae, 1 obol.
- G. E. Bean, J. M. Cook (1955). "The Halicarnassus Peninsula". The Annual of the British School at Athens. 50: 85–171.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- Mogens Herman Hansen & Thomas Heine Nielsen (2004). "Karia". An inventory of archaic and classical poleis. New York: Oxford University Press. pp. 1131–1132. ISBN 0-19-814099-1.
- Thompson, Wesley E. (1981). "The Carian Tribute". Anatolian Studies. British Institute at Ankara: 95.
- Richard Talbert, ed. (2000). Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World. Princeton University Press. p. 61, and directory notes accompanying.
- Lund University. Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire.
|This Ancient Greece related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Turkey location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|