Urban Search and Rescue California Task Force 5
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2021)
Urban Search and Rescue California Task Force 5 or CA-TF5 is a FEMA Urban Search and Rescue Task Force based in Orange County, California. CA-TF5 is sponsored by the Orange County Fire Authority.
CA-TF5 is one of six Task Forces that is Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) certified having received extensive training in responding to incidents involving chemical, biological or radiological agents.
Participating agencies in the Task Force are the Orange County Fire Authority, Orange Fire Department, Anaheim Fire Department (California).
- Northridge earthquake, Los Angeles County, California
- Oklahoma City bombing, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Northern California Flood of New Year's Day 1997 - Napa, California; Yuba County, California
- Debris recovery of Space Shuttle Columbia disaster - February 2003.
- Hurricane Katrina
- Hurricane Rita
- Hurricane Gustav
- Hurricane Harvey
- Hurricane Florence
- Surfside Condominium Building Collapse
- ^ "US&R Task Force Locations". FEMA. Archived from the original on July 5, 2012. Retrieved August 28, 2006.
- ^ "Task Force 5 Home Page". CA-TF5. July 10, 2006. Archived from the original on June 15, 2006. Retrieved September 6, 2006.
- ^ "Urban Search and Rescue (U.S.A.R.)". City of Santa Ana. Retrieved September 6, 2006.
- ^ "USAR Team". Orange Fire Department. Retrieved September 6, 2006.
- ^ a b "About the Department". Orange Fire Department. City of Orange. Retrieved September 6, 2006.
- ^ "Volume II - Appendix D.10 - Debris Recovery" (PDF). Columbia Accident Investigation Report. Columbia Accident Investigation Board. Retrieved August 29, 2006.
- ^ "National Urban Search And Rescue Teams Deployed" (Press release). FEMA. September 3, 2005. Archived from the original on September 26, 2006. Retrieved August 28, 2006.
- ^ "OCFA PIO".
- ^ "'We're going to search … down to the sand,' says OCFA battalion chief at Florida condo collapse". Brian Rokos. OC Register. 4 July 2021. Retrieved July 4, 2021.
- "California US&R Task Force 5". July 10, 2006. Retrieved September 6, 2006.