Urban of Macedonia
Urban of Macedonia is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. Along with the Apostles Ampliatus, Stachys, Narcissus of Athens, Apelles of Heraklion and Aristobulus of Britannia he assisted Saint Andrew. St. Andrew ordained Urban bishop in Macedonia. He died a martyr, and his feast day is October 31.
Troparion (Tone 3)
- Holy Apostles of the Seventy: Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- Eentreat the merciful God
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 8)
- Let us thankfully praise the wise Apostles
- Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- Those treasures of the Holy Spirit and rays of the Sun of glory,
- Who were gathered together by the grace of our God.
- This article is derived in whole or in part from Urban of Macedonia at OrthodoxWiki, which is dually licensed under CC-By-SA and GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
|This article about a saint is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|