Urbana Township, Champaign County, Ohio
Urbana Township, Ohio
Farmland in southern Urbana Township
Location of Urbana Township in Champaign County
|• Total||43.3 sq mi (112.2 km2)|
|• Land||43.1 sq mi (111.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||1,056 ft (322 m)|
|• Density||343/sq mi (132.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085848|
Urbana Township is one of the twelve townships of Champaign County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 14,795 people living in the township, 3,159 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Salem Township - north
- Union Township - east
- Moorefield Township, Clark County - south
- German Township, Clark County - southwest corner
- Mad River Township - west
- Concord Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Urbana township, Champaign County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Urbana township, Urbana township, Champaign County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- Middleton, Evan P. (1917). History of Champaign County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 261.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.