Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Aaron Kaufman|
|Screenplay by||Jerry Stahl|
|Music by||The Newton Brothers|
|Edited by||Jeffrey Wolf|
|Distributed by||Lionsgate Premiere|
Urge is a 2016 American thriller film directed by Aaron Kaufman and written by Jerry Stahl. The film stars Justin Chatwin, Ashley Greene, Alexis Knapp, Bar Paly, Chris Geere, Nick Thune, Kea Ho, Danny Masterson, and Pierce Brosnan. The film was released on June 3, 2016, in a limited release and through video on demand by Lionsgate Premiere.
A weekend getaway takes a dangerous turn when a mysterious nightclub owner (Pierce Brosnan) introduces a group of friends to a new designer drug. Stripped of their inhibitions, they start living out their wildest fantasies - but what starts out as a fun night of partying quickly turns deadly, as the island paradise deteriorates into a tropical madhouse.
- Pierce Brosnan as The Man
- Ashley Greene as Theresa
- Justin Chatwin as Jason Brettner
- Alexis Knapp as Joey
- Danny Masterson as Neal
- Kea Ho as Xiomara
- Bar Paly as Denise
- Chris Geere as Vick
- Nick Thune as Danny
- Jeff Fahey as Gerald
On September 29, 2014, Pierce Brosnan joined the cast. On October 2, 2014, Ashley Greene joined the cast. On October 7, 2014, Danny Masterson joined the cast. On October 14, 2014, Alexis Knapp, Bar Paly, Chris Geere and Nick Thune joined the cast. On October 24, 2014, Justin Chatwin joined the cast.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 0%, based on 5 reviews, with an average rating of 1.5/10. Christy Lemire of RogerEbert.com called the film "a movie that’s as empty and unlikable as the characters themselves" in her 1-star review Frank Scheck, writing for The Hollywood Reporter, while enjoying "a dapper Pierce Brosnan gleefully hamming it up as a devil-like figure" otherwise panned the film, saying "Audiences tempted to catch Urge in its limited theatrical release or on VOD would be well-advised to remember Nancy Reagan's famous advice: Just say no."
- "'Urge': Film Review". Hollywood Reporter. 2016-06-06. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- Anthony D'Alessandro (2014-09-29). "Pierce Brosnan To Star In 'Urge' As Trippy Drug Designer". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- Tatiana Siegel (2014-10-02). "'Twilight' Actress Ashley Greene to Star Opposite Pierce Brosnan in Thriller 'Urge' (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- Yamato, Jen (2014-10-07). "Danny Masterson Joins Pierce Brosnan In Designer Drug Thriller 'Urge'". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- Rebecca Ford (2014-10-14). "Pierce Brosnan Thriller 'Urge' Rounds Out Cast (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "'Shameless' Actor Justin Chatwin Joins 'Urge' (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. 2014-10-24. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "On The Set For 10/06/14: Liam Neeson Starts A Monster Calls, Alexander Skarsgard Wraps Tarzan". SSN Insider. 2014-10-06. Archived from the original on 2014-10-08. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "On the Set for 11/17/14: Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg Start Shooting Daddy's Home, Ted 2 & Zeroville Wrap". SSN Insider. 2014-11-17. Archived from the original on 2016-05-08. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- Kickham, Dylan (2016-05-05). "Urge trailer: Pierce Brosnan deals party drugs". EW.com. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "URGE Starring Pierce Brosnan Arrives On Blu-ray and DVD September 6th". We Are Movie Geeks.com. 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2016-09-19.
- "Urge (2016)". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Urge Movie Review & Film Summary".
- "'Urge': Film Review".