Urland (performance collective)
Urland, often styled URLAND, is a metamodernistic, performance collective based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. It was founded in 2010 at the theatre academy of Maastricht. It consists of Ludwig Bindervoet, Thomas Dudkiewicz, Marijn Alexander de Jong and Jimi Zoet.
URLAND has created physical and visual performances including De Gabber Opera (2010), De Oktobertragödie (2011), and Kwartet, een Powerballad (2013). They have performed in the Netherlands and abroad, in theatres and clubs like Lowlands. The group, currently all in their twenties, bases its performances on techno music and death metal themes, as well as by epic stories and world literature.
Since 2013 the group is connected to the Productiehuis Rotterdam for a perennial plan[clarification needed] and is part of Theater Rotterdam where they created De Internet Trilogie, a series which questions the rise, expansion and limitless promise of the internet, with a comparison to the Prometheia of Aeschylus. For this project they received funding from the Fonds Podiumkunsten. Part I, MSDOS/Prometheus bound, was a dance performance which premiered in 2014. Part II, EXPLORER/Prometheus unbound is a co-production with artist Eric Joris and CREW Eric Joris from Brussels, which premiered in 2015. In the 2015-2016 season the finale is expected: INTERNET OF THINGS/Prometheus the Firebringer.
- 2016: "INTERNET OF THINGS/Prometheus de vuurbrenger"
- 2015: De Internet Trilogie Deel II: EXPLORER/ Prometheus ontketend , a collaboration with CREW Eric Joris
- 2015: URLAND PRESENTS 4 NOBLE TRUTHS IN 49 SLIDES
- 2014: De Internet Trilogie Deel I: MS DOS/ Prometheus geketend
- 2014: URLAND presenteert: 1 zoekresultaten
- 2013: Kwartet, een Powerballad (coproductie met Naomi Velissariou)
- 2012: House on Mars: PIXELRAVE (coproductie met Het Huis van Bourgondië)
- 2012: House on Mars
- 2011: De Oktobertragödie (een Komödie)
- 2010: De Gabber Opera