Counties of West Azerbaijan Province
Location of West Azerbaijan Province in Iran
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Anzal District, Silvaneh District, Sumay-ye Beradust District, Nazlu District|
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
|Urmia County can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "9205903" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".|
Urmia County (Persian: شهرستان ارومیه) is a county in West Azerbaijan Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Urmia city. At the 2016 census, the county's population was 1,040,565, in 304,306 households. The county has five cities: Urmia, Qushchi, Silvaneh, Serow, and Nushin. 90% of the population are Azarbaijanis and 10% are Kurdish, Armenian, and Assyrian.
|Urmia County map|
Urmia County is divided into five districts:
- Central: Bakeshluchay Rural District, Baranduz Rural District, Baranduzchay-ye Jonubi Rural District, Baranduzchay-ye Shomali Rural District, Bash Qaleh Rural District, Dul Rural District, Nazluy-ye Jonubi Rural District, Rowzeh Chay Rural District, and Torkaman Rural District, with Urmia as the administrative seat.
- Anzal: Anzal-e Jonubi Rural District and Anzal-e Shomali Rural District, with Qushchi as the administrative seat.
- Nazlu: Nazluchay Rural District, Nazlu-e Shomali Rural District and Tala Tappeh Rural District, with Nushin as the administrative seat.
- Silvaneh: Dasht Rural District, Margavar Rural District, and Targavar Rural District, with Silvane as the administrative seat.
- Sumay-ye Beradust: Beradust Rural District, Sumay-ye Jonubi Rural District, and Sumay-ye Shomali Rural District, with Serow as the administrative seat.
- اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران [Atlas Gitashenasi Ostanhai Iran] (Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran)
|This Urmia County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|