This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2007)
|Other names||Urophilia, undinism, golden shower, watersports|
|A woman in stockings raising her skirt and urinating into the mouth of a man|
Golden shower is slang for the practice of urinating on another person for sexual pleasure.
Urolagnia is a paraphilia. During the activity, urine may be consumed or the person may bathe in it. Other variations include arousal from wetting or seeing someone else urinate in their pants or underclothes, or wetting the bed. Other forms of urolagnia may involve a tendency to be sexually aroused by smelling urine-soaked clothing or body parts. In many cases, a strong correlation or conditioning arises between urine smell or sight, and the sexual act. For some individuals the phenomenon may include a diaper fetish and/or arousal from infantilism.
Urolagnia is sometimes associated with, or confused with omorashi, arousal from having a full bladder or a sexual attraction to someone else experiencing the discomfort or pain of a full bladder, possibly a sadomasochistic inclination.
- Golden shower: A shower or stream of urine is directed onto another person or persons.
- Clothes wetting: The person is sexually aroused by wetting one's clothing or observing another person doing so. Usually that person prefers to stage the wetting so that his/her legs (or other body parts) become soaked with urine. The warm sensation felt when urine trickles on the body seems to give very relaxing and pleasurable feelings to the person. In many cases, that person is also aroused by smelling body parts that have a urine scent. Others get aroused by telling some people about when they lost control and wet themselves. Some prefer a particular type of clothing to urinate.
- Exhibitionism: Becoming noticeably desperate or wetting oneself with the express purpose of being seen by strangers. Practitioners have described going to public places such as a mall or a park. Some intend to create situations where others can see their wet clothing.
- Human urinal: Within the BDSM community, some individuals desire to be used as a human urinal and some desire to use a human urinal. The submissive is usually strictly forbidden from placing their lips directly on the body of the dominant so the practice routinely involves them receiving much of the spray all over their face, hair and body; however, another way of doing this that applies mostly to male dominants, is to place the mouth on the head of the penis and drink the urine as it is released. One other, less common variation of this kink involves the dominant partner urinating inside the submissive partner's vagina or anus, which is usually followed up by the submissive partner ejecting the urine from their orifice(s).
- Omorashi: The act of holding one's own urine until the need to urinate is urgent, making another hold in their urine, or watching another person with an urgent need to urinate. This fetish sometimes originates from childhood memories of needing, or of seeing another needing, to urinate. Arousal may be triggered by seeing the body movements or facial expressions of that person. It can also be heightened by the person saying that they have to urinate. The arousal from being desperate comes from the sensation of having a full bladder.
- Voyeurism: Seeing another urinate without the person's knowledge either through video taping by a hidden camera, or by lurking in locations where people are urinating or are likely to have an urge to urinate.
Jennifer Eve Rehor of San Francisco State University points out that such data as exists on what she calls "unconventional" or "kink" sexual behavior is generally problematic because of the way that it has been collected, through criminal and clinical case studies. Behavior that appears neither in criminal trials nor in clinical studies (for example, because the individuals concerned do not commonly seek professional help) is therefore under-reported. Rehor therefore surveyed 1,764 female participants in "kink" behavior (mostly association with BDSM) in 2010–11, receiving 1,580 valid responses. What Rehor calls "urine play" is relatively infrequent, with only 36.52% of her sample reporting having done it or having had it done to them. In contrast, 93.99% of her sample reported having done spanking or having had it done to them, and 61.96% reported having used or been exposed to feathers/fur. It is impossible to extrapolate Rehor's data onto the general population, but her study does give a guide to prevalence in the North American BDSM community.
- Chuck Berry: American musician who was featured urinating on a woman in a sex tape, and was sued for videotaping dozens of women in the restroom of a restaurant he owned.
- Havelock Ellis: British sexologist who was impotent until at age sixty he discovered that he was aroused by the sight of a woman urinating.
- Albert Fish: an American serial killer, also known as The Grayman, The Boogeyman. He wrote several letters to widows with want-ads in The New York Times and described in detail women urinating on him, inside of him, and in cups so that he could drink it. He later forced children to drink urine.
- Ashley MacIsaac: Nova Scotian fiddler and singer. In 1996 he spoke with a Maclean's interviewer mentioning his sexual life, including his boyfriend and his taste for urolagnia. In 2003 he told an interviewer for the Montreal Mirror that he loves to have men urinate on him.
- Ricky Martin: a Puerto Rican singer. He gave an interview with Blender magazine in which he stated that he enjoyed "giving the golden shower."
- Patrice O'Neal: American standup comedian who had on several occasions mentioned his appreciation for golden showers, even stating that his girlfriend noticing that his urine tasted like "birthday cake" is how he came to find out that he suffered from diabetes.
- Annie Sprinkle: an American porn actress, later turned sex educator and advocate for female sexual enjoyment. Her stage name is derived from her obsession with fluids.
- Troughman: an Australian noted in the Sydney media for lying down in urinal troughs at Sydney Mardi Gras parties and other events.
- Ian Watkins: the former lead singer for the Welsh rock band Lostprophets. Convicted in December 2013 of numerous child sex abuse charges, which include urolagnia.
- "MerckEngage® - Healthy Living Tips and Health Information". Archived from the original on 24 August 2010. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Balon R (2016). Practical Guide to Paraphilia and Paraphilic Disorders. Springer. p. 188. ISBN 978-3319426501.
- Laws DR, O'Donohue WT (2012). Sexual Deviance: Theory, Assessment, and Treatment. Guilford Press. pp. 395, 403. ISBN 978-1462506699.
- Colman, Andrew M. (2006). A Dictionary of Psychology. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-280632-1. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Definition of GOLDEN SHOWER". www.merriam-webster.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-30. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- Jennifer Eve Rehor (2015), "Sensual, Erotic, and Sexual Behaviors of Women from the 'Kink' Community," Archives of Sexual Behavior 44:825–836, DOI 10.1007/s10508-015-0524-2
- Rehor (2015).
- Mangan, Lucy (February 26, 2016). "The Great British Sex Survey review: the nation's fetishes get aired in all their gory glory". Archived from the original on July 16, 2019. Retrieved July 16, 2019 – via www.theguardian.com.
- Gilmore, Mikal (7 April 2017). "Chuck Berry: Farewell to the Father of Rock". rollingstone.com. Archived from the original on 20 June 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "The Complicated Truth About Chuck Berry". mtv.com. Archived from the original on 2017-09-17. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- "Sex and Drugs and Rock'n'Roll Especially Sex". Spy Magazine. February 1993. pp. 58–63.
- Andrew Brink (1980), "Havelock Ellis: eros and explanation (review of Phyllis Grosskurth, Havelock Ellis: a Biography)", Russell: The Journal of Bertrand Russell Studies, 100 (1), archived from the original on 2010-08-24, retrieved 2010-07-23
- Harold Schechter (1990), Deranged: The Shocking True Story of America's Most Fiendish Killer (reedited, illustrated ed.), Simon and Schuster, pp. 92, 271–272, ISBN 9780671678753, archived from the original on 2016-01-02, retrieved 2015-10-27
- Montreal Mirror report Archived 2003-09-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ricky Martin outraged over controversy caused by his 'golden shower' comment". Singapore: Agence France-Presse / Yahoo! Singapore Pte. Ltd. 2006-01-14. Archived from the original on 2007-01-25. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
Latin crooner Ricky Martin has expressed outrage over controversy that emerged after he told a leading US music magazine he enjoyed "golden showers" -- the act of urinating on another person. ... "I love giving the golden shower," he told Blender magazine earlier.
- "Ricky Martin Criticised Over 'Giving The Golden Shower'". Contactmusic.com. 16 January 2006. Archived from the original on 28 December 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYFR1zBIZ0 Archived 2016-07-23 at the Wayback Machine Patrice O'Neal: Elephant in the Room on YouTube
- http://www.jonahweiner.com/RS_Patrice_Jonah_Weiner.html Archived 2014-01-11 at the Wayback Machine Patrice O'Neal: Death of a Stand-Up by Jonah Weiner, originally published in Rolling Stone
- Redaction, "Annie Sprinkle", Miradas (in Spanish), archived from the original on 2011-07-18,
(...) she made herself get called Annie Sprinkle. Sprinkle (...) made reference to her obsession with fluids: "I was attracted by the sprinkles over ice cones and by the sound of humidity. I like cascades, urine, vaginal fluid, sweat, anything wet. So the name "Annie Sprinkle" seemed perfect."
- Barry Charles (July 2003). "Troughman". Journal of Gay and Lesbian Social Services. 15 (3&4): 65–74. doi:10.1300/J041v15n03_06. S2CID 216138115.Reynolds, Robert (July 2003). "Editor's Comment: Afternoon Tea with Troughman". Journal of Gay and Lesbian Social Services. 15 (3&4): 70–74. doi:10.1300/J041v15n03_06. S2CID 216138115.
- "Disturbing Ian Watkins Trial Details Surface: Singer Sexually Touched, Had Sex With and Urinated on Children". Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
Media related to Urolagnia at Wikimedia Commons