Ursine is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Lincoln County, Nevada, United States. It is located in the foothills of the White Rock Mountains on Eagle Valley about two miles downstream from the Eagle Valley Reservoir and Spring Valley State Park. The population was 91 at the 2010 census.
A post office was established at Ursine in 1895, and remained in operation until 1959. The community was named after the valley in which it is located.
- ^ Caliente, Nevada–Utah, 30x60 Topographic Quad, USGS, 1978
- ^ Wilson Creek Range, Nevada–Utah, 30x60 Topographic Quad, USGS, 1982
- ^ "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ursine CDP, Nevada". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Ursine Post Office (historical)
- ^ Federal Writers' Project (1941). Origin of Place Names: Nevada (PDF). W.P.A. p. 47.