Uschi Glas, 2010
|Born||Helga Ursula Glas
2 March 1944
Landau an der Isar, Bavaria, Germany
|Spouse(s)||Bernd Tewaag (1981–2003)
Dieter Hermann (2005–present)
Uschi Glas (born Helga Ursula Glas; 2 March 1944) is a German film and television actress.
Born in Landau an der Isar, Bavaria, Glas started appearing in films in 1965. Her breakthrough role was that of Barbara in the unconventional 1968 movie Zur Sache, Schätzchen (Go for It, Baby), which captured the spirit of the times in that it presented youthful protest against the German establishment and hinted at the loosening of morals in the wake of the sexual revolution. From then on, the tabloid press would refer to Glas frequently as "Schätzchen".
In the 1980s and 1990s Glas concentrated on her television work, appearing in a succession of TV series tailored to her person, playing, among other characters, a veterinarian in Tierärztin Christine (1993), an energetic businesswoman in Anna Maria – Eine Frau geht ihren Weg (Anna Maria – A Woman Does it Her Way, 1995–1996), and the ideal teacher in Sylvia – Eine Klasse für sich (Sylvia – A Class of her Own, 1998–2000). She also appeared in many feature-length made-for-TV movies. In total, Glas appeared in more than 75 film and TV productions.
Glas was married to the actor Bernd Tewaag from 1981 until their divorce in 2003; they had three children. In 2005 Glas married the consultant Dieter Herrmann.
In 2004, Glas published a memoir, Mit einem Lächeln (With a Smile).
- Winnetou und das Halbblut Apanatschi (1966)
- Zur Sache, Schätzchen (1968)
- Zur Hölle mit den Paukern (1968)
- Die Feuerzangenbowle (1970)
- Black Beauty (1971)
- Seven Blood-Stained Orchids (1972)
- 100 Fäuste und ein Vaterunser (1972)
- Le Tueur (1972)
- Der Kommissar, episode "Ein Mädchen nachts auf der Straße" (1973)
- Derrick, season 3, episode 3: "Angst" (1976)
- Waldrausch (1977)
- Tierärztin Christine (TV movie) (1993)
- Tierärztin Christine II (TV movie) (1995)
Decorations and awards
Film industry awards
- Bravo Otto in Bronze: 1967, 1976
- Bravo Otto in Silver: 1974, 1977
- Bravo Otto in Gold: 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 (twice), 1973
- Bambi: 1969, 1990
- Romy: 1990 (as a Popular Actress), 1992 and 1993 (as a Favoured Series Star)
- Goldene Kamera: 1984 (Best TV camera favourite female – 3rd place HÖRZU reader poll), 1990 (Most Popular Actress Series – 1st place HÖRZU reader poll), 1995 (Best Actress)
- Bavarian Television Award Honorary Award 1995
- Golden Gong 1997 and 1998
- 1992: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 1997: Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art
- 1998: Merit Cross 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany (Verdienstkreuz 1. Klasse)
- 1999: Courage Award
- 2005: Brilliant Brisant for her social commitment
- 2008: Bavarian Beer Order
- "Reply to a parliamentary question" (pdf) (in German). p. 1135. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uschi Glas.|