Use It Up and Wear It Out
|"Use It Up And Wear It Out"|
|Single by Odyssey|
|from the album Hang Together|
|Songwriter(s)||Sandy Linzer, L. Russell Brown|
|Odyssey singles chronology|
"Use It Up and Wear It Out" is a song by Odyssey that was released as a single in 1980. It was originally released as the B-side of "Don't Tell Me, Tell Her". When it was re-released as the A-side it would go on to spend twelve weeks in the UK Singles Chart, including two at No.1, but failed to make commercial success in the United States.
The song was written by Sandy Linzer and L. Russell Brown, and produced by Linzer. It was the New York-based disco group's only UK No. 1 single, spending two weeks at the top of the charts from July 26 to August 8, 1980,  and was their most successful single on the UK Singles Chart. In their native United States, it failed to get into the Hot 100.  However along with the track "Don't Tell Me, Tell Her", "Use It Up And Wear It Out" went to number six on the US Billboard Disco Top 100 chart. 
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 383. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- James Christopher Monger. "The Best of the 80s - Various Artists | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- Rice, Jo (1982). The Guinness Book of 500 Number One Hits (1st ed.). Enfield, Middlesex: Guinness Superlatives Ltd. pp. 206–7. ISBN 0-85112-250-7.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 193.
- "Odyssey - Use It Up And Wear It Out". Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- "12" Single: Odyssey - Use It Up And Wear It Out (1980)". Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 420. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Various - Queer As Folk 2 - Same Men. New Tracks. (CD, Album, Album)". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|