Use Your Illusion I (video)
|Use Your Illusion I|
|Video by Guns N' Roses|
|Released||December 8, 1992|
|Recorded||February 22, 1992 at the Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Label||Geffen Home Video|
|Guns N' Roses chronology|
Use Your Illusion I is a live VHS/DVD by Guns N' Roses. Filmed live at the Tokyo Dome, Japan on February 22, 1992 during the Japanese leg of the Use Your Illusion tour, this recording features the first half of the concert, the second half appearing on sister volume Use Your Illusion II. The VHS titles were distributed by Geffen Home Video in 1992.
The concert was originally recorded by Japan Satellite Broadcasting, Inc. for a programme to be aired on their TV channel, and that programme is split between the two DVDs or tapes.
The cover is similar to the band's single cover used for "Live and Let Die".
- "Introduction": "Tokyo! Banzai motherfuckers! From Hollywood... Guns N Roses!"
- "Mr. Brownstone"
- "Live and Let Die"
- "It's So Easy"
- "Bad Obsession"
- "Pretty Tied Up"
- "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Don't Cry" (Original)
- "Double Talkin' Jive"
- "Civil War"
- "Wild Horses"/"Patience"
- "November Rain"
Glenn Kenny writing for Entertainment Weekly described the video as "deadly dull" and as having a "wimpy sound mix" before awarding it a 'D' grade (on a scale of A-F, A being the highest). Eamonn McCusker reviewed the DVD version for The Digital Fix, and was also critical of the video's production, describing it as an "uninspired recording".
Uzi Suicide Co.; an original production of TDK Core Co., Ltd. and Japanese Satellite Broadcasting
Guns N' Roses:
- W. Axl Rose – lead vocals, piano, whistling
- Slash – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Duff McKagan - bass, backing vocals, lead vocals
- Matt Sorum - drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Dizzy Reed – keyboards, percussion, backing vocals
- Gilby Clarke – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Cece Worrall-Rubin, Lisa Maxwell, Anne King – horn (instrument)s
- Tracey Amos, Roberta Freeman – backing vocals
- Ted Andreadis – keyboards, harmonica, backing vocals
- Director: Paul Becher
- Producers: Shuji Wakai, Tsugihiko Imai, Tamamatsu Kuwata, Ichiro Misu, Yasumi Takeuchi, Noboru Shimasaki, Reiko Nakano, Shigeo Iguro
- Light Design: Phil Ealy
- Sound Engineers: David Kehrer, Jim Mitchell
- Art Director: Kevin Reagan
- "Use Your Illusion I & II: World Tour 1992 in Tokyo". Entertainment Weekly. February 5, 1993.
- "Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion I, II".