|"This Is How We Do"|
|Song by Katy Perry from the album Prism|
|Released||October 22, 2013|
|Recorded||MXM Studios and Apmamman Studios
Conway Recording Studios
|Prism track listing|
"This Is How We Do" is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Katy Perry for her fourth studio album, Prism (2013). The song was written by Perry along with the song's producers Klas Åhlund and Max Martin.
"This Is How We Do" was written by Perry, along with Max Martin and Klas Åhlund. Production of the song was handled by Åhlund and Martin. It was recorded and engineered at Apmamman Studios and MXM Studios in Stockholm, Sweden, as well as Conway Recording Studios in Hollywood, California, while Perry handled the song's vocal production. Engineering of the song was carried out by Michael Illbert, Perter Carlsson, and Sam Holland, and were assisted by Cory Bice. The song was engineered for mix by John Hanes, and was mixed by Serban Ghenea. All instrumentation and programming was handled by Åhlund and Martin.
With a length of three minutes and twenty-four seconds (3:24), "This Is How We Do" has been described as a "wobbly" dance track and is stylized in the genre of new jack swing, characterized by its poppy backbeat.
elements 80's electropop, while referencing the Backstreet Boys and day-drinking. Lyrically, the song speaks of "going from all-night parties with the boys to "Japaneezy" nail appointments to kamikaze Mariah karaoke." Nick Cattuci of Entertainment Weekly said the song is Perry's "ode to partying till sunrise".
|South Korea (GIC)||73|
Credits and personnel
- Recorded at Apmamman and MXM Studios (Stockholm, Sweden); Conway Recording Studios (Hollywood, California)
- Mixed at MixStar Studios (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
- Songwriting – Katy Perry, Klas Åhlund, Max Martin
- Production – Klas Åhlund, Max Martin
- Engineering – Michael Illbert, Peter Carlsson, Sam Holland
- Engineering assistant – Cory Bice
- Mixing – Serban Ghenea
- Mixing engineer – John Hanes
- Vocals – Katy Perry
- Programming – Klas Åhlund, Max Martin
- Prism (INLAY COVER) (Media notes). Capitol Records. 2013. p. 6. Unknown parameter
- "Katy Perry — "Prism"". ITunes. Capitol Records. September 17, 2013. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- Eakin, Marah (October 18, 2013). "Katy Perry: Prism". The A.V. Club.
- Dolan, Jon (October 16, 2013). "Katy Perry 'Prism' Review". Rolling Stone. Jann Wenner. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- Cattuci, Nick (November 14, 2013). "Prism (2013)". Entertainment Weekly. Time Warner. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "South Korea Gaon International Chart". Gaon Chart. Retrieved October 3, 2013.